Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
I e-mailed again today about Casa....they said no update on when it would arrive, but I can split my order for an extra $6.95....no thanks.

[quote name='doubledown']I e-mailed again today about Casa....they said no update on when it would arrive, but I can split my order for an extra $6.95....no thanks.[/QUOTE]See my posts on the last page about that. The rep I spoke to said they would do the same thing, for no charge in S&H charges. I'd email them back and tell them that they're the reason it's backordered and there's no reason why you should be paying shipping charges for trying to get your movies sometime before you're dead.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Uh. 300 is on blu. I converted my hd-dvd to it.

http://www.amazon.com/300-Blu-ray-G...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1246575930&sr=8-2

You're thinking of this one.

http://www.amazon.com/300-Complete-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1246575930&sr=8-1

Warner's not gonna give you the Complete Experience if they don't have to.[/QUOTE]

The Complete experience edition isn't even out yet. Too bad, it wouldve been nice to swap out 300 for that edition but I enjoyed the movie enough that I'll probably buy it that week it comes out.

sigh, my initial order is still held up becuase of casablanca -.- i'm hoping i can get in on the planet earth series, but the site is lagging quite hard :/

[quote name='h0mi']The Complete experience edition isn't even out yet. Too bad, it wouldve been nice to swap out 300 for that edition but I enjoyed the movie enough that I'll probably buy it that week it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. MovieWiz was editing the post while I was responding. He was saying "How are they handling 300 since it's not on Blu yet"

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Yeah I know. MovieWiz was editing the post while I was responding. He was saying "How are they handling 300 since it's not on Blu yet"[/QUOTE]
:lol: Well, I mixed the two releases. Could there be a chance that they will swap it for the newer edition if I wait it out? One can only hope...

e-mailed them yesterday regarding Casablanca...quote was "expected soon"
no dice on the "Split My Order and Ship For Free" request...no big deal...if I want to watch any of the flicks...I'll just dust off the HD-DVD

My order:
Batman Begins (BD)
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD)
Departed, The (BD)
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special Edition (BD)
300 (BD)
Enter the Dragon (BD)
Firewall (BD)
Goodfellas (BD)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (BD)
Last Samurai, The (BD)
Scanner Darkly, A (BD)
Superman, The Movie (BD)
Superman Returns (BD) (TrueHD Audio)
V for Vendetta (BD)
Troy Director's Cut (BD)

Spoke to a nice lady this morning and got the same answer as the rest of you, split the order and get 14 of 15 titles with more shipping for Casablanca. She also said that there was no date or ETA on Casablanca. I told her thanks for her levity and that I'd wait it out.

My order was placed on April 23rd. Almost to my three-month-versary. :p

I just figure it's not worth it to gripe and complain. I'll get my stuff eventually. *shrug*

I received 300 and it was the old version of 300. I imagine if your order is held up, you will almost certainly not get the newer version of the movie.

I have a question though. I have 2 copies of 300... the one that came with my (dying) HD-D3 and the combo version I bought. Does the 'free' version qualify for an exchange? I know I'd have to use a different address to redeem it since I already exchanged 300, and it would only be worth doing this if I could get the newer edition of 300 as an exchange.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm a little annoyed with what they did for the BD version of the Matrix set. Saw it in Target the other day and realized they went with some flimsy cases for the movies, rather than the full-size BD cases. I know, I know. Not a big deal, but still. I hate when they cheap out like that, especially considering they went with full-sized cases for the HD-DVD version.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Slightly off-topic, but I'm a little annoyed with what they did for the BD version of the Matrix set. Saw it in Target the other day and realized they went with some flimsy cases for the movies, rather than the full-size BD cases. I know, I know. Not a big deal, but still. I hate when they cheap out like that, especially considering they went with full-sized cases for the HD-DVD version.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more BDB. You might notice that Blade Runner is WAY thinner on the BD release than the HD-DVD. I was thinking WB screwed me when I swapped from HD-DVD to Blu. The Blu case is not much thicker than a standard BD case.

[quote name='snipermike']Well it looks like this is why WB has been stalling with the Casablanca orders. Im guessing what they will do is keep saying "2 more weeks" for about 2 more months and then send out the standard edition.Honestly im not mad if i was to get the this version but what i am mad about is that they took orders for something they never had.

[/QUOTE]

Heard that. Ive been keeping my eye on the this post and it seems that the "2 more weeks" is WBs version of "its done when its done", as in theyll get around to it when they feel like it.

All the orders that have been processed show the Ultimate Edition for Casablanca, so I don't know why they think they can pull the bait-and-switch with the standard edition as a substitute.

Shit's gonna get real ugly if they try to pull that bait and switch after sending out Ultimates to the initial group who ordered. I won't hesitate to raise hell if they think it's acceptable to make people wait 2 or 3 extra months for something that is far less than what they promised.

fuck. If Casablanca comes back, I'm sure it'll be that version. Oh well.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Couldn't agree with you more BDB. You might notice that Blade Runner is WAY thinner on the BD release than the HD-DVD. I was thinking WB screwed me when I swapped from HD-DVD to Blu. The Blu case is not much thicker than a standard BD case.[/QUOTE]

There are actually 2 versions. I have the slimmer one, but while browsing Blu's at a store (Best Buy I believe) I saw both a fat and slim version of Blade Runner side by side.

[quote name='etcrane']Shit's gonna get real ugly if they try to pull that bait and switch after sending out Ultimates to the initial group who ordered. I won't hesitate to raise hell if they think it's acceptable to make people wait 2 or 3 extra months for something that is far less than what they promised.[/QUOTE]Agreed.

Perhaps this has already been asked.
Does Warner have an option for upgrading my HD-DVD Harry Potter collector box set?
That one doesn't have cover art.

Also, is there a list somewhere of Warner blu ray titles that include PIP functinality?
For example, I have no interest in upgrading my HD-DVD copy of 300, because I know the blu ray version doesn't have that cool option where i can watch the whole movie while also looking at the green screen version in the corner of the screen.

[quote name='sunnysky']Perhaps this has already been asked.
Does Warner have an option for upgrading my HD-DVD Harry Potter collector box set?
That one doesn't have cover art.

Also, is there a list somewhere of Warner blu ray titles that include PIP functinality?
For example, I have no interest in upgrading my HD-DVD copy of 300, because I know the blu ray version doesn't have that cool option where i can watch the whole movie while also looking at the green screen version in the corner of the screen.[/QUOTE]

There was a boxset option for the HP 1-5 set, however I am unaware if that is still available and I didn't see it on the site. I would call and ask how they are handling those now.

You get to keep the actual disks for 300 so you don't lose any actual features (and you gain the adopted format) and you are free to print replacement covers before you send them in. (If you are not interest in spending the money for an inferior but more forward-compatible version- that's a different issue.)

DeepDiscount.com is selling the Harry Potter box for 24.99 -- would be less than $20 shipped with the 25% off sale starting soon. Just an FYI -- would get you an HP BRD set on the cheap.

Big update... Just called to check in on my Casablanca set... And was told that they had those and apparently the Matrix that had been on delay for awhile... The bad news is they are unsealed... The good is that they are not going to be charging for them, I also confirmed with the CR that it was the boxed Casablanca... Will be sent out late this week or early next week as they are trying to get it figured into thier computer system

[quote name='gkrykewy']DeepDiscount.com is selling the Harry Potter box for 24.99 -- would be less than $20 shipped with the 25% off sale starting soon. Just an FYI -- would get you an HP BRD set on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

is that still on the site? wouldnt you need to get the individual titles to trade up as i do not see the set listed on red2blu

edit- noticed a similar question was asked a few posts up

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Slightly off-topic, but I'm a little annoyed with what they did for the BD version of the Matrix set. Saw it in Target the other day and realized they went with some flimsy cases for the movies, rather than the full-size BD cases. I know, I know. Not a big deal, but still. I hate when they cheap out like that, especially considering they went with full-sized cases for the HD-DVD version.[/QUOTE]
I agree 100% with you on this one... though I still bought the Blu-ray collection. Couldn't pass at $58.

[quote name='zman73']Big update... Just called to check in on my Casablanca set... And was told that they had those and apparently the Matrix that had been on delay for awhile... The bad news is they are unsealed... The good is that they are not going to be charging for them, I also confirmed with the CR that it was the boxed Casablanca... Will be sent out late this week or early next week as they are trying to get it figured into thier computer system[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Matrix Collection or The Matrix, 10th Anniversary?

I would assume just the first Matrix... If that was the one that had been delaying certain peoples orders... I myself have no problem with getting an unwrapped DVD set... Since it is free, as long as it is in good shape

I sent in a order about two months ago with both casablanca and ultimate matrix (as well as others) and its still pending. My brother sent in his order with ultimate matrix (and a few others) about 3 weeks ago and got his order back a week ago...and the matrix set was sealed. So I think its Casablanca that holding things up

[quote name='etcrane']Hmmm ... unsealed ... kinda weird, but ok I can accept that ... wouldn't flip Casablanca anyway, too good of a movie ;-)[/QUOTE]

The CSR I just spoke to said they were not shrink wrapped because they 'wanted to get them shipped out ASAP'.

Fine by me, that means I got the :br: Casablanca Ultimate set and a :hd: copy for under $10 total

so I called and the CSR told me the same thing... my total is now 7.23 and I paid 1.99 for the HDDVD on ebay... good times.

I spoke with a CSR and he confirmed what others have said, that the items were sent unshrunk and they would be sent out with the rest of the order at no charge for Casablanca. The CSR told me that they had over 1300 copies arrive on Monday, and they expect that all orders that were held back due to Casablanca should go out by the middle of next week. Emails should go out with the shipping information when the order has shipped out.

Forget that. Im angry if they dont send out the Ultimate Casablanca. Gonna be hell if they give the regular edition. Ive sent mine out a while ago and they keep pushing it back. Pay what you owe Warner.

[quote name='tankass']Forget that. Im angry if they dont send out the Ultimate Casablanca. Gonna be hell if they give the regular edition. Ive sent mine out a while ago and they keep pushing it back. Pay what you owe Warner.[/QUOTE]Iit's the Ultimate Edition from what the CSR said, as all the items in the Ultimate Edition are included. Not 100% sure what that means, though we'll find out when we get it. The "regular" edition isn't out until September.

I hope this means Casablanca will reappear on the web site. I bought the HD DVD for $9 figuring that at $21 (7+5 for bluray plus HD DVD cost) it'd still be cheaper than the $40 the UCE edition goes for

Just received this e-mail -

Thank you for your order from Red2Blu.com and for sending in your cover art.

Unfortunately, we had hoped to give you the CASABLANCA COLLECTORS EDITION and MATRIX 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, but we have run out of stock of these limited edition Blu-ray titles and we do not expect to receive more inventory in time to fulfill your order. We have removed this item from your order.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Accordingly, we will include a complimentary MATRIX Blu-ray disc with your order. As we have rushed to have these new Blu-ray discs prepared and sent to you as an apology, the Blu-ray will not be shrink-wrapped.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. We will notify you when your order ships. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Regards,

WBshop.com, the site that brought you Red2Blu [email protected]
1-866-276-6176

I was about to call and rip someone a new one, until they very politely reassured me that non-sealed copies of both movies would be sent with my order, free of charge.

Guess I just flipped out a bit when it seemed like the e-mail was indicating they were only sending the Matrix ... but luckily that seems to not be the case

Here's one I just received:

[quote name='From Red2Blu email']
Thank you for your order from Red2Blu.com and for sending in your cover art.

Unfortunately, we had hoped to give you the CASABLANCA COLLECTORS EDITION, but we have run out of stock of these limited edition Blu-ray titles and we do not expect to receive more inventory in time to fulfill your order. We have removed this item from your order.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Accordingly, we will include a complimentary CASABLANCA Blu-ray disc with your order. As we have rushed to have these new Blu-ray discs prepared and sent to you as an apology, the Blu-ray will not be shrink-wrapped.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. We will notify you when your order ships. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Regards,

WBshop.com, the site that brought you Red2Blu [email protected]
1-866-276-6176[/quote]

:bomb:

The CSR I spoke earlier with indicated that it would be all the items in the Ultimate Collector's Edition, though they wouldn't be shrinkwrapped. Now, from the rep I'm speaking with about the email above, they're not sure. It looks like that it may just be the movie on its own and nothing else from the UCE.

And that's what it looks like, just the single disc movie and nothing else.

Rep I was just speaking with checked with another supervisor, and the 2nd supervisor said it would be the entire contents of the UCE, though not shrinkwrapped. :wall: Good to see that the end-line reps and the supervisors all have the same story, since two different supervisors contradicted one another.

At this point, I have no idea what the fuck is going to show up when the order ships out. All I can assume is that it'll at least be the BluRay movie. Anything else will be a surprise.

bread's done
Back