Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Now I'm confused, do they have the Matrix Ultimate Collection in stock?[/QUOTE]Supposedly, since they only had nasty backorder issues with Casblanca. I think they had random backorder issues with Justice League and Matrix (non-collecton/single movie).

If you find me one person in America who got a Casablanca CE by now out of this deal I'll eat shit. There was never any stock.

[quote name='cleaver']If you find me one person in America who got a Casablanca CE by now out of this deal I'll eat shit. There was never any stock.[/QUOTE]

I think some of the earlier posters got it because thats is what prompted me to get the HDdvd. Now I got the same email as above and am screwed out of the UCE. I hope what they say is right about getting the stuff without it being shrink wrapped but I doubt it. This is the third time Ive delt with WB online and the 3rd time ive had issues with them. Im just going to take whatever I can get and never deal with them again.

[quote name='gunm']So should I not even bother trying to get an HD-DVD copy of Casablanca UCE now? :p[/QUOTE]

If you find a :hd: Casablanca UCE that would be quite the feat.

:lol:

EDIT:

Just got the same email as Shrike.

:wall:

I wonder if it's too late to cancel parts of the order?

:whistle2:k

Only things I *really* care about are JL:New Frontier and Ultimate Matrix.

[quote name='tankass']I think some of the earlier posters got it because thats is what prompted me to get the HDdvd. Now I got the same email as above and am screwed out of the UCE. I hope what they say is right about getting the stuff without it being shrink wrapped but I doubt it. This is the third time Ive delt with WB online and the 3rd time ive had issues with them. Im just going to take whatever I can get and never deal with them again.[/QUOTE]
The Warner Store and Toysrus.com (B&M is fine) are the only two places I won't shop no matter the deal. Skipped the Arkham Asylum and Watchmen deals like were a skit on a hip hop album. When people bitch about Deepdiscount.com's shipping taking 2 weeks I realize they are not deep in this game.

[quote name='manthing']If you find a :hd: Casablanca UCE that would be quite the feat.

:lol:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the r2b site doesn't even list it as an qualifying "upgrade". I'm always late for these things.

[quote name='gunm']Yeah, the r2b site doesn't even list it as an qualifying "upgrade". I'm always late for these things.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a :hd: Casablanca UCE.

[quote name='shrike4242']Rep I was just speaking with checked with another supervisor, and the 2nd supervisor said it would be the entire contents of the UCE, though not shrinkwrapped. :wall: Good to see that the end-line reps and the supervisors all have the same story, since two different supervisors contradicted one another.

At this point, I have no idea what the fuck is going to show up when the order ships out. All I can assume is that it'll at least be the BluRay movie. Anything else will be a surprise.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I got the email so I called them up and they said that they were going to send me the Casablanca for free when it comes in next week. (we all heard that one before) I had them separate my order and send me everything but Casablanca. They issued me a different order number for Casablanca that they separated, so it is more likely that the order won't be initially cancelled at least.

I've been on 4 different message boards with over 5000 total posts over the past 3 months and not one person has said they got Casablanca through this deal. The simple fact is they offered something they never had plan and simple.I loved the idea of this promotion at the beginning now i wish i would have passed on the whole thing this has been nothing but lies and headaches.I dont know about you guys but I will never buy a WB movie new again I will wait to get it used.

Thanks for listening to my rant lol just had to get it off my chest.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9588736-post877.html

Just called them up to clarify...

Seems the email was just poorly worded with zero communication between who sent it and the customer service reps. He said the Casablanca WAS the Ultimate Collector's Edition and the only thing the email needed to convey was that they were shipping it unshinked and therefore free.

Also a funfact that he divulged... there were 1300 orders of Casablanca in the first 2 weeks of the promotion (as opposed to the 50-100 for the rest of the titles apparently). Which is why it's taken so long to get them. I find that understandable.

I also mentioned that people had received the same email about (EDIT, dur) The Matrix but I'm guessing it is one or the other as far as getting them free go.

Should be shipping today or tomorrow apparently.

^ Interesting because I emailed them asking if there was any way I could get the UCE version and this is what the reply was:

Thank you for your inquiry.

I am sorry but the Collectors Edition is no longer available. Unfortunately due to the overwhelming demand for the item we can no longer offer this. The replacement is being sent to you at no charge.

Regards,
Toni
www.red2blu.com
1-866-276-6176

So at least we arent getting charged the 5 bucks, but thats a small comfort when they were offering the UCE. As I stated before, the past few months of WBs BS is pretty much keeping me from using them again.

Yeah, what a bunch of shitbags WB is offering $5 Blu rays to HD DVD buyers and only requiring folks to send in covers and not the disks. For all the bitching going on, you would think that folks had to send in their TVs and were somehow deprived for months because of this offer. For fucks sake, you paid nothing to mail it in, you haven't been charged for anything yet, many people have gotten their shipments in a timely fashion already, and the fact that there has really been only one major problem with one title out of 100+ titles and this title involves a much more grand edition than the original HD DVD release. In retrospect, WB probably should have excluded Casablanca given the problems they have had but I'm sure they didn't realized that at the time at the start of the offer.

And my order has been pending since May but I'm not bothered by this...it is not like I can't still watch my HD DVDs of the movies I've ordered blu-rays for.

It is not like WB had to offer anything to HD DVD buyers, and god forbid some greedy 'no, you can't fast forward through these commercials at the start of the DVD' studio like Universal actually did something remotely pro consumer for a change.

My problem with them was never with the time it took to get my discs. And unlike many, I sold off HD versions of the movies to pay for the upgrades (only selling titles that actually made money).

My problem came when I called them to check in on my order, was told everything was in and it was ready to ship... Then I noticed my charge was less than the original total... Upon inquiry I found out that Casablanca wasn't on the shipment. I went through about 30 minutes of arguing about what I had ordered (I kept the original email which stated I'd ordered Casablanca for 4.95... First was told it wasn't on my order... THEN was told it was somehow added weeks after I sent the original order... And I could have it added back for 9.95 plus shipping... I argued for minutes about this NOT being what I'd ordered and having the proof of the order... Finally "as a courtesy" she knocks down the price on the movie to what I'd originally agreed... But was still going to charge shipping. I had never once agreed to splitting my order, was simply told my order was ready since at the time was only told time and time again that Planet Earth was delaying my shipment.

More arguing ensues, I finally get shipping knocked off. And call back later on to speak to a supervisor. I shouldn't have been treated in this way, I prefaced the conversation with the supervisor by saying that it was a cool thing WB offered something like this that they didn't have to... I never complained terribly about the delay either, but didn't need to get treated the way I did.

If we end up getting the collectors sets, that's pretty cool with me and worth the hassle I experienced.

I just got my order (hooray for living close in michigan i guess). Casablanca is indeed just the single disc version talked about before.

NEEEERD RAGE!

Does it at least include the 2nd disc in the BD case that came with the UCE?

I smell a class action suit. They took partial payment (the HD-DVD covers which effectively made them worthless) and then provided a totally different item than the one they received payment for. It's not really "FREE" (as you paid for your now worthless HD-DVD).

I'm no lawyer though. :D

But seriously... I've got enough of this special edition crap to actually be glad it's just in a regular case.

Shipping notification just showed up for my order.

This is how they listed Casablanca on the email:

Casablanca, Ultimate collector edition R2B replacement $0.00

[quote name='astupiddream']I just got my order (hooray for living close in michigan i guess). Casablanca is indeed just the single disc version talked about before.[/QUOTE]Oh lovely. :bomb:

Time to see how Customer Service explains this one. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Lutter']NEEEERD RAGE!

Does it at least include the 2nd disc in the BD case that came with the UCE?

I smell a class action suit. They took partial payment (the HD-DVD covers which effectively made them worthless) and then provided a totally different item than the one they received payment for. It's not really "FREE" (as you paid for your now worthless HD-DVD).

I'm no lawyer though. :D

But seriously... I've got enough of this special edition crap to actually be glad it's just in a regular case.[/QUOTE]

No, it's just a single disc. It's in a regular case with a sleeve, no insert of any kind, not shrinkwrapped (but they said that).

Got my order today, and got the bullshit Casablanca single, which is the same exact thing as the :hd:, but with WORSE cover art. :wall:

It's not even worth taking pics of.

[quote name='shrike4242']
This is how they listed Casablanca on the email:

Casablanca, Ultimate collector edition R2B replacement $0.00

Oh lovely. :bomb:

Time to see how Customer Service explains this one. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

They'll explain it as a limited offer, WBshop has the right to change the offer, etc. etc.

Remember, the original order was for:

Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD). Our 'R2B replacement' is something comepletely different. :bomb:

Bottom Line is that we got hosed by WBshop.

EDIT:

FYI I sent in a freebie UPC-less 300, and a bi-lingual The Fountain and got those :br: in my order

Just received my open regular edition of Casablanca. I think I am going to call and see if I can have them send me the Ultimate Edition, if not, I am okay because it was free. The wait was just frustrating ordered the first day of the promotion.

[quote name='thebob101']The wait was just frustrating ordered the first day of the promotion.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think all in all we dont have much to get angry about but ^ is what kinda irritates me. Still doesnt help all the times WBshop has screwed me either.

[quote name='doubledown']I got my movies today. I got the single disc of Casablanca also....I don't think we really can complain since it was FREE.[/QUOTE]
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. -Inigo Montoya

Guess I'm one of the few who is upset at how WHV handled the Casablanca situation, I ordered to get the ultimate edition... Free or not, I'm still upset at the different lies they kept coming up with. The only option they had was to give the single disc ones away free... Still probably saved them money over charging for the box set...

[quote name='manthing']Got my order today, and got the bullshit Casablanca single, which is the same exact thing as the :hd:, but with WORSE cover art. :wall:

It's not even worth taking pics of.[/QUOTE]

Would you just take a picture of the front? I'm interested to see what it looks like

It's just this:

43e3c060ada00923cba01210.L._AA240_.jpg

In a :br: case

I got my order in, Corpse Bride, Ascanner Darkly, and 300. All Brand new Blu ray movies exactly what they had when the HDDVD version came out. 300 is missing some features, they were a HDDVD exclusive. Oh well IMO well worth it.

I just put in an order for the BBC ver. of Planet Earth since it was pulled off the site for awhile so I couldn't put it with the other movies, but now it's back up.

on the red2blu site , found in http://red2blu.com/library/r2b_rules.pdf
number 14 states
"
The Program may be terminated by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
at any time and if not terminated by December 31, 2009, the Program shall
be deemed to expire on December 31, 2009​
. If the Program is terminated, all
exchange requests made prior to the termination date will be honored; provided
that the corresponding artwork packaging sleeves are received no later than three
(3) weeks following the termination of the Program. If the Program is not
terminated and expires on
December 31, 2009, all exchange requests made prior
to December 31, 2009 will be honored; provided that the corresponding artwork

packaging sleeves are received by
January 21, 2010."

Finally got my first order of 14 discs. Glad it's over, now what to do with my damn T3 HD DVD. If they would add Charlie and the Chocolate factory, I'd probably be willing to eat shipping again...but one disc is not really worth it.
Oh, and put me on the board for being happy about the Casablanca thing. I got a free blu ray and not some massive thing that I didn't even want? Score.

I sent my cover art in over a month ago and they haven't sent me shit. What a crappy program. It should take a few days at most to mail the Blu Rays after receiving the cover art.

[quote name='JCDenton']I sent my cover art in over a month ago and they haven't sent me shit. What a crappy program. It should take a few days at most to mail the Blu Rays after receiving the cover art.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JCDenton']I sent my cover art in over a month ago and they haven't sent me shit. What a crappy program. It should take a few days at most to mail the Blu Rays after receiving the cover art.[/QUOTE]

WHAT? WAHT? WAHT? People aren't getting all their :br:'s in a timely manner?
First I've heard of this.

a bit of update. I sent cover art of matrix revolution and planet earth hddvd and received an email from them few days later that they have received cover arts. within a week, they shipped ultimate matrix set and planet earth, new and wrapped. i'm surprised it was quick, unlike many posts here.

i'm usually patient and settle with slow shipping because it's cheaper or free but i'm glad to see i got movies sooner than expected. :D

Nice to see they have planet earth back up. Now i'm wondering if it is worth changeing over to it or not. I think I might just stick to my combo discs so I can get rid of them.

[quote name='naitosan']a bit of update. I sent cover art of matrix revolution and planet earth hddvd and received an email from them few days later that they have received cover arts. within a week, they shipped ultimate matrix set and planet earth, new and wrapped. i'm surprised it was quick, unlike many posts here.

i'm usually patient and settle with slow shipping because it's cheaper or free but i'm glad to see i got movies sooner than expected. :D[/QUOTE]

Does Planet Earth Blu still come in a card board sleeve like the hd dvd did?

bread's done
Back