Warner Bros. Sale - MANY TITLES LESS THAN AMAZON - Batman Collection 6 BR $41.96

Muthafodder

Banned
Warner Bros. is having a 25-75% Black Friday sale on a lot of movies and merchandise.

Join Insider Rewards to save an additional 25% off select titles.
After joining and signing in, the discounts will be applied in your cart.

Free shipping applies to all orders.

Max 5 titles in cart for additional 25% Insider Rewards discount.

Use code SAVINGS for $20 off $100.
(Works)

If an item isn't reflected with the discount in your cart, or you notice the discount was removed after adding others, try ordering that item individually.

All the titles below are cheaper than Amazon currently...I've checked :)

Every Batman movie in Blu-Ray for $41.96:
Batman $5.62
Batman Returns $5.62
Batman forever $5.62
Batman & Robin $5.62
Batman Begins $9.74
Dark Knight $9.74

Other notables:

Blu-Ray:
Heat $6.74
Bullit $7.46 OOS
The Getaway $7.46
Where the Wild Things Are $9.74
The Hangover $9.74
Ocean's Trilogy (11, 12, & 13) $20.24
Ultimate Matrix Collection $29.96
TMNT Film Collection $20.24
Austin Powers Collection $20.24
A Christmas Story (Ultimate Collector's Edition) $22.78
Interview with a Vampire $7.46
Seven Blu-Ray Book $20.96
Best of Blu-Ray Vol. 1 (Blazing Saddles, The Departed, Superman, and GoodFellas) $20.24
Best of Blu-Ray Vol. 2 (The Last Samurai, The Fugitive, The Phantom of the Opera, and Unforgiven) $20.24
Best of Blu-Ray Vol. 3 (Lethal Weapon, The Road Warrior, Sword Fish, Training Day) $20.24
Best of Blu-Ray The Family (Happy Feet, Corpse Bride, Scooby Doo, Ant Bully) $20.24
Best of Blu-Ray The Action (Troy Director's Cut, Blood Diamond, Wyatt Earp, Alexander Revisited The Final Cut) $20.24
Observe & Report $6.74
The Invasion $7.46
Natural Born Killers Director's Cut $6.74
I am Legend $6.74
Run, Fat Boy, Run $7.46
Semi-Pro / Observe & Report Combo $16.46 OOS
Be Kind, Rewind $8.82
Analyze This / Analyze That Combo $16.46

DVD:
Essential Steve McQueen Collection (Bullit, The Getaway, Papillon, The Cincinnati Kid, Never So Few, & Tom Horn) $11.24
Thundarr the Barbarian Collection $26.95
Iron Giant $7.46

And I picked up this for $10.46...only five four three two one OOS, I'm going to rock it at work.

I saw this on SD initially about the Insider Rewards, I've embellished the information significantly. :)

Insider Rewards has bandwidth issues...was down for me earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Got Watchmen, Natural Born Killers, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Wonder Woman, and Batman: Under The Red Hood all for $6.74 each. No need to wait on that Lightning Deal for Red Hood now.

Bought Batman Under the Red Hood for $7 and TMNT collection for $17. (I had a $5 coupon I used towards TMNT.) I didn't buy much of anything during Black Friday even though I spent a lot of time watching Amazon's poor lightning deals. Nice surprise to actually have a decent sale on Cyber Monday.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to upgrade from dvd to the matrix blu rays? I have all the matrix dvd's. Anyone have some suggestions?

[quote name='zenintrude']Only if you like glitches: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmorg/matrix/Matrix.htm[/QUOTE]

Wow, I can't believe this hasn't been fixed. That is a pretty major mistake. Thanks for letting me know. This just made me decide not to get this sent.

Edit: I saw online there was an exchange program for a new disc that fixed this. Can anyone speak to this? Has anyone bought this recently and can say if the movie is still messed up? Thanks

[quote name='zenintrude']Only if you like glitches: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmorg/matrix/Matrix.htm[/QUOTE]

"glitches" would imply there were multiple. That link shows one glitch, which for all we know has been fixed already (considering WB's replacement program is over a year old). Anyone who wouldn't buy the entire set over that one issue that lasts for a second or less and may not even be noticeable (depends on the player) has issues

Not to mention the fact that if you happen to have a disc with the glitch, it takes 5 minutes to call WB, and have them mail you a replacement. I sold off my DVD set and will be upgrading to these. I see zero reason not to.

edit: People at blu-ray.com are saying there are new batches of the sets out with a fixed disc included.

Verdict: NON-ISSUE

[quote name='ssjmichael']"glitches" would imply there were multiple. That link shows one glitch, which for all we know has been fixed already (considering WB's replacement program is over a year old). Anyone who wouldn't buy the entire set over that one issue that lasts for a second or less and may not even be noticeable (depends on the player) has issues

Not to mention the fact that if you happen to have a disc with the glitch, it takes 5 minutes to call WB, and have them mail you a replacement. I sold off my DVD set and will be upgrading to these. I see zero reason not to.

edit: People at blu-ray.com are saying there are new batches of the sets out with a fixed disc included.

Verdict: NON-ISSUE[/QUOTE]

Wow. I just didn't want to upgrade because I have 3 completely working copies and it would cost over $30 to upgrade with shipping. Now that I can upgrade with no problem and the animatrix is included I heard? That sounds like a good deal. I think I will order one.

Sadly though I doubt I will be able to sell my DVD's for much money. Hopefully I am wrong.

[quote name='bizman316']Wow. I just didn't want to upgrade because I have 3 completely working copies and it would cost over $30 to upgrade with shipping. Now that I can upgrade with no problem and the animatrix is included I heard? That sounds like a good deal. I think I will order one.

Sadly though I doubt I will be able to sell my DVD's for much money. Hopefully I am wrong.[/QUOTE]
I Bought my Matrix 10 disc set with statue and book for $20 back in the days when Suncoast was in every mall. I Don't think you'll be getting much.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Bought my Matrix 10 disc set with statue and book for $20 back in the days when Suncoast was in every mall. I Don't think you'll be getting much.[/QUOTE]

I just sold that same set for $30 on ebay. For the individual movies you probably won't get much at all though.

With free shipping and $20 off of $100 or more, WB got me for:

Josie and the Pussy Cats in Outer Space
Pirates of Dark Water
Thundarr the Barbarian
Watchmen: Ultimate Cut Blu-ray

My three kids will love those HB animations, and maybe I'll actually get my copy of Watchmen this time instead of a telephone call :p

[quote name='gar3']With free shipping and $20 off of $100 or more, WB got me for:

Josie and the Pussy Cats in Outer Space
Pirates of Dark Water
Thundarr the Barbarian
Watchmen: Ultimate Cut Blu-ray

My three kids will love those HB animations, and maybe I'll actually get my copy of Watchmen this time instead of a telephone call :p[/QUOTE]

Did you also do the 25% insider discount.

i tried the $20 off $100 over the weekend and it didn't work.

Anyone else get it to work?

[quote name='Pookymeister']yup. Works for me still. Just make sure you have $100 in your cart?[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the code to work, but with it working it takes away some of the red 25% off indicators in the cart.

Maybe it removes $20 worth of the other?

Either way my orders were small and none over $100...kept going back for more :)

You should have mentioned it earlier when I labeled it "unconfirmed"

Try this, place these in your cart and see if you get the 25% off on all of them and the $20 off $100:

http://www.wbshop.com/Teenage-Mutan...ollection-4Pack-BD/1000088416,default,pd.html

http://www.wbshop.com/Whiteout-Bluray/1000024050,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Clash-of-the-Titans-BD-1981/1000158537,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Twister/1000027141,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Seven-Bluray-Book/1000120652,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Perfect-Storm-The/1000000020,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Interview-with-the-Vampire/1000035881,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Magnolia-BD/1000094733,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Natural-Born-...D/1000088884,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

http://www.wbshop.com/Mars-Attacks-BD/1000123118,default,pd.html?cgid=MOVIEBLURAY

In my cart the 25% discounts were removed from:
Natural Born Killers
The Perfect Storm
Twister
Clash of the Titans
Whiteout

If you could check if you get the same results, I'll quit dicking around with it.

I think once the code is applied it messes with the 25% off ones randomly for some reason.

There was a max of 5 items the 25% works with I noticed - maybe the $20 off code does that. I was dealing with $30+ stuff from my orders so didn't really affect me.

[quote name='Pookymeister']There was a max of 5 items the 25% works with I noticed - maybe the $20 off code does that. I was dealing with $30+ stuff from my orders so didn't really affect me.[/QUOTE]

I'm eying the Hanna Barberra collections now :)

I just added the complete Batman Beyond collection (79.99>59.99 with wb insider) as well as the complete Justice League collection (79.99>59.99 with wb insider) , and applied the SAVINGS code and it's working. The total is $99 for both. It's a great value, but still not sure if I should bite on it.n I already bought so much, lol.

[quote name='Pookymeister']There was a max of 5 items the 25% works with I noticed - maybe the $20 off code does that. I was dealing with $30+ stuff from my orders so didn't really affect me.[/QUOTE]

I'm eying the Hanna Barberra collections now :)

EDIT - Looks like you're right...5 is the limit, fortunatley it removes the lowest discount first.

If I were to have placed my orders in two batches, I would have saved $24.64 on the movies and $2.34 in tax, or $26.98 net.
But, I was only now able to get the code to work.

Oh well, I'm happy with the discounts I did get.

I'm neurotic and wouldn't have slept knowing a full $40 was there to be saved...it wasn't :)

EDIT - I made ONE more purchase...now I would have saved $13.76 on the titles and $1.31 in tax or $15.07 net...now I feel better :)

So does this 25% off work still from the OP? I am signed in and I dont see any 25% off. I see prices like 47.95 for Watchmen Ultimate and 39.99 for Matrix Ultimate. Any help here?

[quote name='Techsticles']Bought Batman Under the Red Hood for $7 and TMNT collection for $17. (I had a $5 coupon I used towards TMNT.) I didn't buy much of anything during Black Friday even though I spent a lot of time watching Amazon's poor lightning deals. Nice surprise to actually have a decent sale on Cyber Monday.[/QUOTE]
They shipped out yesterday which is surprising, normally WBShop takes a good week before anything ships. Perhaps it is because I bought them separately.

Does the $5 coupon have to be for the stuff in your cart when they gave you it, or can it be for anything? I'm trying it on something else and it's not working.

I had $100 worth of stuff in my cart when I got it, which I had in there just to test the Savings code :/

I can't believe this deal is still ongoing.

Do Insider Rewards members always get 25% off?

EDIT - Well, it looks like the weekend % off sale prices have been reduced to less titles.

I can't get the Ultimate Matrix Collection on BD to drop to 29.99. I've tried ANNMES and I'm a rewards member, but still nothing. Is the deal expired or something?

[quote name='Hostile']I made a bad choice getting my first order as a whole because I'm still waiting for them to ship that one out.[/QUOTE]Same here. The order page says that everything's in stock too. So what's the hold-up???

Well I ordered the matrix set with the $5 off coupon for my first order. So if it ever comes back in stock I will get it for $26.xx with shipping since shipping was free. That is one hell of a deal for that set. Now I just have to sell my original matrix movies and the animatrix since it is included in this set. I probably won't get much for those.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Same here. The order page says that everything's in stock too. So what's the hold-up???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine's the same, but still not shipping.

Anyone emailed them on the hold up?

[quote name='WTFer']Yeah, mine's the same, but still not shipping.

Anyone emailed them on the hold up?[/QUOTE]

Same deal.. movies have been in stock, though they haven't shipped my order I placed two weeks ago.

Ugh,I hope they don't screw everyone over like a few sites already did during Black Friday & cancel our orders.

I hope they don't cancel the orders. I will be really mad. After having the order set as backordered for so long then to cancel it would be ridiculous. It isn't like any of these are out of print sets or something they can't get. I doubt they will now. My Matrix set says it is processing so hopefully that is a good sign.

I ordered one item after the first order and I have received that already so I'm pretty sure they aren't canceling orders.

[quote name='Hostile']I ordered one item after the first order and I have received that already so I'm pretty sure they aren't canceling orders.[/QUOTE]Yeah it's not like these were pricing errors discovered in some obscure corner of the website at 3AM. They had a huge ass link right on the main page that stayed up for days. I don't think there's any risk of these being canceled.

I emailed them and they replied back days later saying the overwhelming demand cause many items to be backordered... but they should be getting more soon... hopefully soon

I ordered TMNT set, Dirty Harry set, Batman (only first movie), and the Ultimate Edition of Watchmen... Im hoping they get here by christmas... I traded in the dvds I had in each

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Ult Watchmen. I don't know why they have it available for order since the last time they did, all orders were canceled and people were called to say they had no more. Since its OOP, it's not like they are waiting for more to be made.
Maybe they found more stock, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I wouldn't hold my breath for the Ult Watchmen. I don't know why they have it available for order since the last time they did, all orders were canceled and people were called to say they had no more. Since its OOP, it's not like they are waiting for more to be made.
Maybe they found more stock, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

It's actually their deal of the day and a huge banner of it is plastered on their main page. It'd be a rather silly move to have that as a DOTD if no copies existed. Maybe they reprinted it?

watchmenult.jpg

edit: Sorry didn't notice there was a thread about this where you acknowledged as much

[quote name='jacknicklson']Finally got charged for my Batman and Batman Returns order, bout damn time[/QUOTE]Hmm, looks like I got charged sometime last night as well. Although my order status on the website is still labeled as "In Process." But at least this is progress right?? My order contained Batman 1+2 as well... I'm assuming those were some of the more popular items that were more subject to delays.

I've emailed them.... twice so far about this, and no response. I can appreciate that it was a huge sale, but if you are NOWHERE near being able to handle the volume of sales you'll get, you probably shouldn't have such a huge sale... I'm a lot less pissed about the items not shipping yet, but I'm really pissed about the shoddy customer service - from a company like Warner Bros., I think it's pretty pathetic.

bread's done
Back