Warning to those who use SAVER shipping on EBGames.com - There's a GLITCH!

Staraang21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I felt it best to post here since a lot of EBgames.com shoppers frequent this forum for the morning update. EBgames.com is experiencing a computer glitch whereby the customer is charged 3-day shipping ($5.99) EVEN if the SAVER code was used. This shipping charge will NOT show in email confirmations. It will only show on the website and on the invoice you receive with the game.
Three of my orders in the last few days have encountered this problem. I spoke to a CSR who credited my card for the erroneous shipping charges. He checked my orders and at first he thought that I had forgotten to put in the code however I told him I had confirmation emails to prove that I was supposed to receive free shipping. That was when he checked and saw that I had indeed used the SAVER code but the computer was applying 3-day shipping.
I would advise everyone to cross-check their email confirmations with their order status on the EB website and make sure they were not charged for shipping if they used the SAVER code. If you see any discrepancies, call them right away - 1-877-432-9675. Have your order numbers ready.

always check your order once you get it. I ordered a few games and when i got the invoice the price was different then what i was billed when i ordered. 2 times the Saver didnt work. 1 time my edge card didnt work and 2-3 times the cag15 didnt work

even though all of them showed in the check out..

That's funny, since that happened to me a good two or three weeks ago. Luckily I just used a throwaway number that was almost the exact amount, so it declined my credit card rather than overcharging it, got it fixed and shipped. Good thing they're on top of these bugs weeks later...

But yes, this is probably the wrong forum ;)

every time i order, the tax is off by about a dollar for some reason. it's fixed when i check my orders and there's really no pattern: sometimes they overcharge and sometimes they undercharge.

Here is what happens during my orders. Sorry if any of it is redundant, but it works.

I put the games in the cart, checkout, enter cag15, saver, and my edge card number. I go to the next page, enter my e-mail and password, confirm my address, and then select shipping. On the bottom is the saver option. Usually, it isn't free. What I do then is click back on my browser until I'm back at the cart page. I enter cag15, saver, and edge card number again. Go to the next page, confirm my address again, and then select the now free saver shipping.

Don't know why it doesn't work at first and then it does, but it's been happening on every single order for maybe a month or so.

Hope that helps.

no problem everyone, glad i can help. btw, i got charged shipping again on one of my orders this morning. just called and had them credit me again. this time it only charged $2.49 instead of $5.99 however. i think they're aware of the problem now because this guy didn't give me any trouble.

z-saber, that sounds like a pretty strange problem. that hasn't happened to me so far. are you using firefox or IE? I remember firefox gave me some weird cart problems a couple weeks back and so i stopped using it. i was pissed too because there were some great games in that update.

ZSaber: I had the same problem with my recent order. I think you have to be logged in when you add stuff to your cart. It might be a Firefox cookie issue, since I use Firefox, but it wasn't a huge deal to me, just a minor annoyance. When you signed in, the 'sign in' cookie may have 'replaced' the coupon cookies, or something like that.

mmm.....cookies....

Tax: Tax is usually 'an estimate' based on your state; I think once they cross check your zipcode or city to account for city/county taxes as well as state, it gets more accurate, and that may not happen on the front end. But may etailers say the same thing: "tax is estimated, and may change slightly when you are billed".

I do use Firefox, so it is likely a Firefox issue. And since I've heard lots of people complain about Firefox in the other EB thread, I officially do NOT recommend Firefox for the purposes of EB morning updates, or any other EBgames.com purchasing. But of course I recommend the rest of the time lawl

well, it happened to me again for 2 orders placed today. i spoke to the same guy i spoke to before and he remembered me. he can't figure out why it's happening. as far as he can tell, it's only happening to my account. so perhaps that's good news for the rest of you but i'd be careful just the same.

bread's done
Back