Was bored, did mod.

Can you print a cart slot without the notches for the N64, though I imagine it would be easier to make a mold. I'm surprised no one is even selling that part, choosing to rip people off with a $40 "passthru" cart. Oh well, stick to a hammer or drill.

I'd actually be interested in that for my import N64. I'd really rather not take a dremel to it as it's a bit of a rarity, but passthroughs are so ugly.

Check out this GBA SP. http://tinycartridge.com/post/97668201342/awesome-donkey-kong-inspired-gba-sp-whoa-this

tumblr_nc0bksQGrz1qzp9weo5_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to hire that guy, since wiggy is off the market. Though I can see problems with the design already. Uncomfortable and it probably doesn't close (looks like it was made not to close). I would think the irregular buttons wouldn't function properly either if they "stick". Still cool looking though.

I might have to hire that guy, since wiggy is off the market. Though I can see problems with the design already. Uncomfortable and it probably doesn't close (looks like it was made not to close). I would think the irregular buttons wouldn't function properly either if they "stick". Still cool looking though.
Stuff like that isn't made to be played, period. That's a shelf piece, for sure!

Pretty freakin' sweet one too!

Finished up my basement shelving (2 years later) and just had to build a cool dimmer knob for the new lighting that I put in :)

null_zpsdfa98830.jpg

Now to paint huh?

Meanwhile, I feel I am just about done with Digikey. They screwed up the shipping address and sent it UPS (which I do not want.) I will stay the Console5 course, and pick Mouser if I have a modding itch. I pray I get my stuff.

Paint?  The shelves?  If so, already done, my friend :)

null_zps45dba867.jpg

Damn, that's a bummer :/

Don't get to make a lot of custom stuff for myself anymore, but when the laser cutter showed up today, well, there was no way I was gonna pass up the chance to make the most of it :)

E68070E5-13C0-48B6-8324-16D7EE0A7E61.jpg

D3C98609-84DB-404B-AB7B-A0B168835E78.jpg

369D60C3-CAC8-4280-824C-DCD69BE5872D.jpg

AFB4F49A-0FED-4316-BD0A-C194C314ABF4.jpg

And this is the very first thing we etched/cut. This cutter is amazingly easy to use and is REALLY versatile. Super excited to get this thing making some money for us (lord knows it cost a lot).

DDAE75AF-1FAE-45AF-A4FF-2087553A729C.jpg

Wiggyx, I have a few SNES controllers with broken R buttons. I'm wondering where to find a replacement. Maybe you can do a 3D scan of it so I can get it printed at a Makerbot?

Nope.  3D scanners don't produce perfect CAD models (and I don't have one anyway), and printed parts are pretty far from perfect as well, not to mention relatively delicate. 

How broken is broken?  I've fixed plenty of cracked/broken hinges with plastic adhesives and some sort of reinforcement to help the bond.  No need to go super high-tech for that sort of thing.  People seem to think 3D printing is the easy method, but it's extremely time-consuming and painstaking :/

Nope. 3D scanners don't produce perfect CAD models (and I don't have one anyway), and printed parts are pretty far from perfect as well, not to mention relatively delicate.

How broken is broken? I've fixed plenty of cracked/broken hinges with plastic adhesives and some sort of reinforcement to help the bond. No need to go super high-tech for that sort of thing. People seem to think 3D printing is the easy method, but it's extremely time-consuming and painstaking :/
Oh well. Thanks for the info. The shoulder buttons on the SNES controller I got were cracked and splintered, and I threw them away... Now I'm missing one set of L and R buttons. LOL.

Can you adjust the pot on a DSLite while it is plugged into the wall or will it fry the board or me in the process? It is a PITA to take out the battery every time and I am not even sure the screen is working properly to begin with.

Actually yes, the boards are 100% done, now we're on to sourcing the components required. After that it won't be long at all :)

I finally recapped an old Super Famicom, only problem that I had to resort to using Lelon 33uf capacitors because I didn't order anything from Digikey in a long while. Just have to find the time to dremel that cart slot. Dammit that the pass through cart is $40, what a gyp!

Wiggyx when you replace the battery in those old carts, what part do you recommend for the battery holder? I currently use this item:

EjOi3OF.jpg

It doesn't fit the two slot exactly and I usually use a little bit of 24AWG wire to connect the ground circuit. But I'm looking for something affordable I can use, any recommendations?

bread's done
Back