Bonk's Revenge
Dragon's Curse
Splatterhouse
Parasol Stars:The Story of Bubble Bobble 3
Alien Crush
Devil's Crush
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Klax

I would definitely consider $1 each for TG16 games a good deal. How complete are they? Card only, or with the slipcover, CD case + manual, or even the rare outer cardboard box?

None of those games are rare, except maybe Parasol Stars, that could be worth something. But some of those games are very good and still fun to play today. The Crush games are some of my favorite vid pinball games, and Bonk's Revenge is alot of fun.

[quote name='helluvagood']I dont get why ppl play these old school games, ive never even heard of turbo graftx lol[/quote]

You never watch an old movie or reruns on TV? But what I don't understand is why you're hanging around the "Old School Gaming" forum if you feel this way.

Anyways back on topic, I think it was a great deal even if they were cart only. Better than spending $5 on the Virtual Console.

[quote name='helluvagood']I dont get why ppl play these old school games, ive never even heard of turbo graftx lol[/QUOTE]

Go back to gamefaqs.

[quote name='helluvagood']I dont get why ppl play these old school games, ive never even heard of turbo graftx lol[/quote]

You have to be a young kid. I'd guess under 16 years old.

I loved playing TG16 when I was like 5-6 years old, it was the new sweet shat. I remember alot when I was a kid, thinking "Wow, they have so many new video game consoles" eg; Saturn, Sega32X, TG16, Game Gear, geez, I could go on. Now its only Nintendo, MS, and Sony. :)

[quote name='iheartmodest']I loved playing TG16 when I was like 5-6 years old, it was the new sweet shat. I remember alot when I was a kid, thinking "Wow, they have so many new video game consoles" eg; Saturn, Sega32X, TG16, Game Gear, geez, I could go on. Now its only Nintendo, MS, and Sony. :)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, you are comparing apples and oranges by listing console makers to past game systems. You only listed Sega and NEC produced machines as your past example. Nintendo was also around then and, for the most part, the market has only had 3 main consoles per generation.

But to answer the original question, anytime you get a TG-16 game for $1, you got a good deal.

99 cents each is a very good deal.

The Turbo Grafx 16 (aka PC Engine in Japan) had a rather short run in the USA, so the system does have some games that are pretty rare... (E.g., Dynastic Hero and Bonk III SuperCD). The ones you mentioned are relatively common. I've put my opinions on them below along with my opinion of expected prices you could get on Ebay for complete sets (HuCard, sleeve, jewel case, manual, cardboard box) in near mint condition:

Bonk's Revenge: Great game, pretty common, probably worth about $15-20.
Dragon's Curse: $10-20
Splatterhouse: $15-20
Parasol Stars: Great coop fun, one of Working Designs' first USA conversions, $30-40.
Alien Crush: Pinball, $10-15
Devil's Crush: Pinball, $15-20
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones: Mediocre pack in title, $0.99 if you can find a buyer
Klax: a rare 3rd party game for the TG16, $15-20

[quote name='helluvagood']I dont get why ppl play these old school games, ive never even heard of turbo graftx lol[/quote]:wall:

[quote name='ZanyBB']rodimus-thanks but all were complete[/quote]Nice find, Zany. You absolutely got a good deal. Congrats!

Wow, nice find ^_^
They would all have run you $6 each if you bought them on the virutal console :lol: (Well, not all of those.. but ya know)

I never heard of that "Story of Bubble Bobble 3" before. :whistle2:k
Interesting...

Great find... Splatterhouse will probably go up in price once the new games hits (though that's not for a bit, I think).

Dragon's Curse
Splatterhouse
Parasol Stars:The Story of Bubble Bobble 3
are the bigger $ titles...like Big T said (his prices are pretty spot on) except Klax isn't all that rare.

Whoops... my word choice was poor... I did not mean that Klax was rare. Rather it was one of the few games published by a 3rd party (Tengen) for the TG16, which makes it somewhat of a curiosity. Most games for the TG16/Duo were published by NEC or TTI.

bread's done
Back