Watchmen: Complete Experience (games+movie) for $14.94 shipped at iNetVideo.com

Has anyone had experience with this seller? The price is pretty good considering the Blu-ray comes packed in and is listed on amazon for $15 alone.

Just unsure if I should take a chance on these guys or spend the extra $5 and get it from amazon.

First off - they're located in Canada and might take awhile for shipping.

Secondly, while I've never had any real problems with the items they sent me, some of the stuff they sell has English/French text on it, for what that might be worth a mention.

Thirdly, shipping gets insane after awhile for some reason. You're better off buying one thing at a time.

Just my 3 cents.

I've ordered some things from them and they were pretty quick considering they are in Canada. I would buy with them again.

[quote name='jupiterjones']First off - they're located in Canada and might take awhile for shipping.

Secondly, while I've never had any real problems with the items they sent me, some of the stuff they sell has English/French text on it, for what that might be worth a mention.

Thirdly, shipping gets insane after awhile for some reason. You're better off buying one thing at a time.

Just my 3 cents.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this from? I see the banner stating "For Canadian orders, order from inetvideo.ca" but I don't see anything else that would suggest that...)

They even have a US office listed (as well as Canadian)...maybe 2 warehouses?

I've had my PS3 for about 2 years now and this will be the first Blu-ray I own. And since I had $7 in my paypal account, I didn't have to disturb my bank account too much. Thanks OP.

OH!! I got all excited, because I thought this was the movie and the games for either format.
But alas.... it is PS3....
If you have a PS3, this is a really good deal!

[quote name='chrisnsally']Where did you get this from? I see the banner stating "For Canadian orders, order from inetvideo.ca" but I don't see anything else that would suggest that...)

They even have a US office listed (as well as Canadian)...maybe 2 warehouses?[/QUOTE]

I've ordered from them twice and never would again after my experiences. All of their items ship from Canada regardless of the fact that they have a US postal drop box. Most of the time, the items are in French/English which means you can't resell them or trade them in at most places. They also ship very slowly, are generally overpriced on their shipping and have been known to sell used/resealed stuff as new. If you do have a problem, their customer service is non-existent. They never answer the phone or respond to voice mails and take exactly 48 hours to respond to each e-mail and never give a complete answer when there is a problem. I had to get a chargeback the last time and my credit card company said they have a whole file full of complaints and chargebacks for this merchant. As such, you're better off just paying the extra $5 at Amazon.

FYI, every once in a while iNetVideo offers free shipping on large orders (like $50+ IIRC), so you could try holding out for that. Of course, it's possible they'll sell out of what you want in the meantime, too. The eternal dilemma for every CAG - knowing when to strike! :D

[quote name='musicjunkie']Found out these guys sell through Amazon. Feedback page below:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/home.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A25UEPKZCB0F3D

Ratings seem good there.[/QUOTE]

Try doing a search on other retailer ratings sites and the horror stories will be exposed. It's hard to get a seriously negative rating on Amazon simply because if anything goes wrong, Amazon forces the retailer to make good. Ordering directly from the retailer takes away that leverage.

I ordered asterix at olympic games for 360 from them and had no problem. I remember the confirmation email saying the processing and shipping would take over a week than it actually did.

Its been $20 for a while, which I thought at the time was pretty good for BD + Game, but they've come out with other BD versions since this came out--for example you don't get the cartoon with this one.

I've ordered from them five or six times (they have always had good pricing on HD DVDs) but as previously mentioned, shipping can be expensive on multiple items and shipping can take a while, but I haven't had any problems with any of my orders.

[quote name='bojay1997']I've ordered from them twice and never would again after my experiences. All of their items ship from Canada regardless of the fact that they have a US postal drop box. Most of the time, the items are in French/English which means you can't resell them or trade them in at most places. They also ship very slowly, are generally overpriced on their shipping and have been known to sell used/resealed stuff as new. If you do have a problem, their customer service is non-existent. They never answer the phone or respond to voice mails and take exactly 48 hours to respond to each e-mail and never give a complete answer when there is a problem. I had to get a chargeback the last time and my credit card company said they have a whole file full of complaints and chargebacks for this merchant. As such, you're better off just paying the extra $5 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble.

9.9/10 their customer service is bang-on! Try their live chat maybe?

I've ordered numerous times and even with the slight problem its been resolved immediately when you get a hold of them.

I think Inetvideo has done a good job with my orders as well... how I built up a huge hd-dvd collection

Have only had one problem, when they sent a copy of Cinderella Man instead of Children of Men... took a day or so to find live chat working, but I did and they sent the replacement promptly... even got to keep the other movie
The shipping is a little slow, but nothing less than what Im used to with free shipping from Amazon...

I bought this a while back at Gamestop for 20. Great package. YOu get the Blu-Ray Directors cut version and the 2 games. That's like 50 dollars worth of stuff for 20 bucks. Reallly wish other Movies would do this with their game counterparts. Maybe more would sell them. I'd love to pick up Avatar DC with the Game in December :D Or hell Iron Man 2 w/ the game.

Can anyone confirm this is the usa ntsc version? From what I've read about this company, it sounds like they may send a multi-language import version instead...

[quote name='bruceg']Can anyone confirm this is the usa ntsc version? From what I've read about this company, it sounds like they may send a multi-language import version instead...[/QUOTE]

There's outer sleeve that has some minimal french written on it. Otherwise the game is 100% English.

[quote name='bruceg']Can anyone confirm this is the usa ntsc version? From what I've read about this company, it sounds like they may send a multi-language import version instead...[/QUOTE]

From how it sounds, it looks like their selling the Canadian version, which probably bears no difference to the North American versions aside from the packaging (my local Pathmatk has recently stocked up on Canadian blu-rays.) Gamestop shouldn't have any problems taking the game disc by itself (without the packaging) should anyone want to trade it in. Just be advised that three documentries are included on the game disc (not sure if they were in hi-def.) If anyone is upgrading from the two-disc DVD version and is planning to eventually trade-in the game disc, I'd hold on to the second DVD disc, as that contains the longest and most important of the three documentries on the blu-ray game disc (the one that covers the graphic novel itself.)

GoHastings.com has the compilation for as low as $5.64(used 360) or as high as $49.99(out of stock) for new on PS3.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/G...igh-The-Complete-Experience/sku/279049796.uts

Shipping is about $3-4 from GoHastings.com and they're usually pretty anal about condition like FYE, though I don't know if you'd receive both the movie AND game compilation for the prices listed.

I picked up this from a local Hollywood Video that was going out of business for $9(game only though)and the game itself is a decent brawler that reminded me of The Warriors from last gen. They have some pretty sick finishing moves for enemies in the game.

They even have local co-op for the entire game, though it's split screen so if you're on a smaller TV playing it it may get a bit difficult at times.

I was just thinking about trying to locate this. Maybe not the best purchase ever, but I've wanted to watch the Watchmen for some time.

I would also suggest trying the closing Hollywood Video stores, though they may have sold the Watchmen movie seperately from the game, since my copy was the game only. But I'm not complaining since I already saw the movie and I don't keep movies forever anymore.

The game is decent but pretty lousy as a 3D brawler goes. I enjoyed it for what it was but it showed the sort of stagnant, limited combos and lack of THROWING PEOPLE AT SHIT OR THROWING SHIT AT PEOPLE that has killed most modern beat-em-up attempts.

That said, apart from just repetitive and often just a BIT drug out encounters, the game is beautiful and well put together, especially with a co-op buddy for that natural bonus co-op games always get with a buddy. But I can't see myself going back except for the joy of performing unspeakable acts on myself whilst battling the dominatrix foes in the final stage of the second game.

It was definitely repetitive, but I found myself using whatever weapons were lying around fairly often.

I did dislike that you couldn't pick up other items other than the various weapons enemies drop to throw or that you couldn't throw enemies into a destructible piece of the environment. But you could still throw them over the odd railing or ledge to get an easy(and perhaps cheap)kill on them.

I'm not really too well versed on the Watchmen as a whole, but the movie and game seemed like a bit of fresh air as compared to the 'good guys beat the bad guys with very few repercussions' routine.
[quote name='Fire_Thief']This shit better not have no French on it. Make the game feel cheap.[/QUOTE]
How exactly does having a multi-lingual package make the game feel 'cheap' again? I guess you've never bought an import copy of a game before? I had the Demon's Souls Asian edition and save for a little cheat sheet that came in the package a majority of the boxart was in Chinese or Japanese. But the game's voiceovers, titles and subtitles were all in English.

anyone who has this...

is this all on one disc? two discs? is there only one case? im curious, i really have been waiting for a drop in the ultimate edition of the blu ray, but this is a pretty good deal for the directors cut.

Is the movie playable in a regular Blu-Ray player? Or is it like the Stranglehold special edition where it can only be played on a PS3?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']anyone who has this...

is this all on one disc? two discs? is there only one case? im curious, i really have been waiting for a drop in the ultimate edition of the blu ray, but this is a pretty good deal for the directors cut.[/QUOTE]
I believe the PS3 version is two discs, since it just takes you to the title screen for the game when you load it up.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I don't import. I'm all American and like my shit to buy Region 1 and official. NTSC or bust mother fucker.[/QUOTE]
Well then you're missing out on alot of fun games that're only available overseas.:razz: Mind ya, the DS import has been the only import I've played on my PS3, but it was well worth it. Then again, I didn't even import it, I bought it from another CAG who bought it originally.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Is the movie playable in a regular Blu-Ray player? Or is it like the Stranglehold special edition where it can only be played on a PS3?[/QUOTE]

It is my understanding that the film itself is on a normal blu-ray that will play in any player. The special features are on the second disc, which also has the game. So that one may or may not work in a normal player.
But the actual film should work just fine.

this is a great deal from inetvideo, thanks for the post! I knew inetvideo from all the HDDVDs that i bought but recently I've been buying games and loving their deals.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Look bro, I just ain't down with no French shit.[/QUOTE]

They need more people like you in Canada.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm not really too well versed on the Watchmen as a whole, but the movie and game seemed like a bit of fresh air as compared to the 'good guys beat the bad guys with very few repercussions' routine.[/QUOTE]

Movie's supposed to be very much like the book with some stuff cut, but I'm of the opinion that Watchmen is better literature than most of the crap I read in high school. It's a dang fine book. Phrases that describe it as an "obituary for a society" or something like that aren't far off the mark. It's just an extraordinarily well done work.

Shame it caused so much shit gritty copycats.

bread's done
Back