Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Blu-Ray $28.49 @ Amazon *UPDATE#2*

Kromis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last time I saw it on Amazon, it was $42!

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Ulti...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278304593&sr=8-2

Not SMOKIN' hot but pretty good for fans!

UPDATE:

I emailed Amazon and this is the response I got:

Hello,

I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

Looking into your order, I see that Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut [Blu-ray] is back-ordered. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our original availability estimate. I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for you.

We make a significant effort to keep abreast of prices and availabilities, but our reliance on our suppliers for information about the items they offer means that, occasionally, our database will not reflect all changes.

Please be aware that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our website are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to Standard Shipping at no extra charge. The new estimate for delivery is September 13.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the DVD. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

I realize this is not what you expected when you placed this order, and it is understandable if you prefer to cancel it. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button
Well, there you have it folks!

UPDATE #2

I got a delivery estimate: August 06, 2010 - August 10, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neoz']Yeah I asked one of the employee's if I could have it since there wasn't any in stock.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I may do that next time.

M

I couldn't find any policy online about them PMing, and when I was returning some stuff there earlier, they said they don't.

I already have the DC + Black Freighter, so I'll live.

[quote name='lolwut?']I couldn't find any policy online about them PMing, and when I was returning some stuff there earlier, they said they don't.

I already have the DC + Black Freighter, so I'll live.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's YMMV per store. I mean I walked in and grabbed it and just asked the dude if they PM'd and he said yeah.

I finally received shipping notice from amazon that it shipped on Friday Sept. 4. Estimated to arrive on Sept. 11.

Anybody received shipping notice?

[quote name='jdeluis']I finally received shipping notice from amazon that it shipped on Friday Sept. 4. Estimated to arrive on Sept. 11.

Anybody received shipping notice?[/QUOTE]

Got my copy on the 1st, after receiving notice of shipping the previous week. Came in perfect shape (as always from Amazon). Glad I held out and waited for re-stocking!

[quote name='kilik64']has this been discontinued?[/QUOTE]

It only had a single print run so essetially it was discontinued as soon as it released.

[quote name='kilik64']has this been discontinued?[/QUOTE]

I know that Warner had recalled all of the blu ray versions of this movie. I believe at one time you could order it at the WB shop but I'm not sure if you still can. I've been to 2 B&M places that had it still but it was $59.99.

anyone try to install the digital copy? keeps saying I need the newest iTunes, but I have the brand new iTunes... messed up

Crud. I canceled my Amazon order a few weeks back :/. I ended up just placing an order at WBShop.com, though: http://www.wbshop.com/Watchmen-The-Ultimate-Cut-Bluray/1000095490,default,pd.html

$46.27 after shipping and tax, but I didn't spend too much time looking for coupon codes (I know purchases of $60 or above result in free ground shipping, though.

EDIT: Now the price is listed as $28.46 (originally $37.95, both prices of which are before shipping and tax). I have contacted customer support to see if my order can be modified to reflect this change and will let you all know what they say.

Bumping for a significant update:

I got the following email regarding my inquiry of modifying my order to reflect the price drop on WBShop

Hi James,

Thank you for your recent order with WBshop!

I have changed the price of the DVD to $28.46 for your satisfaction. The total for order now is $35.52. Please feel free to contact customer service if you need any other assistance. Thank you and Have a Great Day!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Carrie
www.WBshop.com

WBShop currently has it listed at that price, and now includes bold green text saying that it will ship in 7 days. A great deal, in my opinion.

I ordered Watchmen on 9/2 for $28.46 from WBShop - included the 25% off for WB Rewards members.

And still waiting for it to ship.

Went ahead and picked it up from WBshop; signed up for the Rewards which got me 20% off, and then because I didn't go through with the purchase right away (had some website errors), they sent me a $5 code o_O It paid for the $5 ground shipping so I got the Ultimate Cut for $28.46 shipped. Not bad.

I've been trying to order watchmen ultimate blu from wb shop since the end of august. I never get it and it always says ships in 7 days. Has anyone recieved anything from them in the last month?

I haven't gotten my order from WBshop either. I suppose if they can't fulfill orders then it's pretty much a bust finding a copy anywhere.

I just picked this up at an FYE today. It was priced at 49.99 and luckily this week the coupon is 25% off new items. So with the coupon and my 10% BSP I grabbed it for $32.50 before tax I feel very lucky as it has been there for literally 6 plus weeks and I contemplated getting it when it was $59.99 back then. So anyway you may find one there. Just call around.

Barnes and Noble still has this as of the last time I was there, which was during the Criterion sale. Of course, the price is MSRP.

I just placed an order on the WB Online shop. It came out to 33 with shipping (the price was about 28 because of a promotion). However, I hear you can get it shipped for free if you have 30 dollars worth of items. I just wasn't able to find anything else worth picking up for cheap.

Looks like they will be back in stock on 11/10, don't know how accurate that is though...does WB charge your card before they ship it? If not, I may go on and buy it and cancel later if I need to.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Looks like they will be back in stock on 11/10, don't know how accurate that is though...does WB charge your card before they ship it? If not, I may go on and buy it and cancel later if I need to.[/QUOTE]

My order was placed in the beginning of September. I still haven't gotten it, but I also haven't been charged for it yet. Also, I think the date on the site was the date that the title was released (hence the 2009 year). I totally wish they gave us a date on when it would come though and I'll be on the lookout for that, so thanks for the heads up.

I ordered this back in July from Amazon and eventually gave up. I'll wait for the Director's Cut to drop to $10 on Black Friday.

It appears this is now officially out of stock on WBShop. I just got a call from customer service telling me they would have to cancel my order from early September. :(

[quote name='Ardrid']I ordered this back in July from Amazon and eventually gave up. I'll wait for the Director's Cut to drop to $10 on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Check amazon for the Watchmen: The End is Nigh game on PS3. Not sure if they still have it new, but I ordered it from their warehouse deals for $8.99 and it includes the Director's Cut on Blu-Ray.

[quote name='shiftyeyes']It appears this is now officially out of stock on WBShop. I just got a call from customer service telling me they would have to cancel my order from early September. :([/QUOTE]

*sigh* This. My order was canceled and the item is no longer available on WBShop. I waited since the beginning of September as well.

I still have another open order with Ult. Watchmen I placed the other day. Curious how it will play out since i ordered 3 along with Supernatural S1 to go over the $100 mark so i could use the $20 off code that was active. Didn't exactly expect Watchmen to ship since i figured the backorder was huge - but wouldn't mind if they did.

Will they cancel the watchmen and charge full price without the promo for Supernatural? Hmmm......

Hi all - I too placed an order via the WB and too received a cancellation call yesterday afternoon. Is there anyplace left on the 'Net to buy the Blu-ray Ultimate Cut from for $50~ taxed and shipped? I'm starting to get desperate now. Sigh.

i got the call this morning as well. Looks like the Wb insider points i got are still there from it though - so thats good.

And even better - my Order total is now $11.76 shipped for Supernatural S1 blu so i can work with that.

[quote name='gar3']Hi all - I too placed an order via the WB and too received a cancellation call yesterday afternoon. Is there anyplace left on the 'Net to buy the Blu-ray Ultimate Cut from for $50~ taxed and shipped? I'm starting to get desperate now. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

It's slim pickings. I ended up picking one up at FYE which had their everything on sale sale. BRs were 10% off and I signed up (again) for the 30 day trial to get another 10% off. So it was about $44 out the door w/tax. Fortunately for me, it was all trade in credit when I abused the brown bag promo using clearance games from other stores a couple years back. Figured I paid about $12-15 real money for the set.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Why is this set so rare? My local Best Buy has a DVD set of TUC, but I don't want the dvd.[/QUOTE]

it was a limited release, and when it's time ran out WB recalled the sets

[quote name='Pookymeister']i got the call this morning as well. Looks like the Wb insider points i got are still there from it though - so thats good.

And even better - my Order total is now $11.76 shipped for Supernatural S1 blu so i can work with that.[/QUOTE]
Was your 20 dollar promo pro rated across all of the items? I was trying to do the math and while it appears I didn't get all of the 20 dollars, I got the appropriate amount spread across my other 3 items. I'm not mad at that at all, it wound up giving me a 53.99 Batman Beyond set. Awesome.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Was your 20 dollar promo pro rated across all of the items? I was trying to do the math and while it appears I didn't get all of the 20 dollars, I got the appropriate amount spread across my other 3 items. I'm not mad at that at all, it wound up giving me a 53.99 Batman Beyond set. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Well all that was left after they canceled Watchmen (x 3) was supernatural, so $20 off that. Pre-cancellation it just had a -$20 promo at the end of the order total

[quote name='mr_bungle']Why is this set so rare? My local Best Buy has a DVD set of TUC, but I don't want the dvd.[/QUOTE]

The DVD, unfortunately, might be the route that I take if I don't find a good Blu Ray copy anytime soon. If I do find a place to buy it cheap, I will post my findings here.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well all that was left after they canceled Watchmen (x 3) was supernatural, so $20 off that. Pre-cancellation it just had a -$20 promo at the end of the order total[/QUOTE]
That's awesome. For some reason it wouldn't let me check my order status. It kept reloading the Order History page instead of taking me to that specific order. I'm going to have to take another look at it and see if I got all 20 bucks off.

bread's done
Back