We found a worse OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad thing about cubicles:

I can overhear this discussion between my boss and a man in the coal industry. It is making me annoyed and angry. I am to the point I can't stand peoples views and opinions.

[quote name='Eviltude']Flowery - I'm going to apply for a job in La Jolla thanks to a friend of a friend. No guarantee, but I'll meet you there![/QUOTE]

I wish these jobs were at the San Diego offices. The ones I want is in the middle of the Mojave desert. At this point I could care less if I had to have a desk at the top of a mountain or at the very center of Death Valley. Plus I can always take weekend trips to Vegas, LA, San Diego and the like.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm playing BFBC2 now, finally. Just single player so far. I'm liking it. I'm still too scared to go online. Might never. Might buy Vietnam on sale and then never go online anyway. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Online isn't all that bad. Just play as the Medic.

I think ants have now colonized the underside of my bathtub. I had a few in my room last week or so and we had a dude come out to take care of them, but apparently he just moved them to the other side of the room.

We went to Hometown Buffett last night after being lured in by the 5 kinds of shrimp! commercial. (How bad can it be? We've been there before and swore not to go back)

5 kinds of shrimp! 3 are edible! 1 is totally missing!

Only 1.5 hours of "work" to go. I've got a tons of packages to ship out tomorrow. Looking forward to watching Survivor tonight, and doing a pinball weekend with pinball circus and a tournament at BlaineBrook with a friend.

Any PS3 people who aren't PSN+ want a SOCOM4 beta code? I think I have one that came with KZ3. First to PM me gets it... this will also be posted in GGT.

Edit: gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
got a little drunk last night and ended up fighting with my gf for a few hours about stupid things

just texted her almost all the lyrics to vanessa carlton’s 1000 miles

i don’t know why i gave up

i skipped the bridge

what a nightmare

[quote name='giantqtipz']I'm going to fap once I get home tonight. Boy o boy I'm so happy I found the perfect image to use.[/QUOTE]

I loled at this for some reason. And the fact that I don't know what its in reference to made it even funnier.

Mak, I know you're a fan of MST3K so this might be a good shirt buy for you:

1299021327_BOTTOM__0228-11h05m06.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Word on the street is that the new ME2 DLC is NOT good; at best, they say it's average. Eurogamer review gave it 5/10.[/QUOTE]fuck.

Checked that iPad 2 locator site and it says the Target next to my house just got them in. Now to decide if I want a 16gb 2nd gen for $499 or go with the 32gb 1st gen for $399.

Mak, you just got one right? Is the 2nd gen with lower HD space worth the extra $100?

fuck! I put stuff in my calendar on the wrong day. I'm supposed to be 45miles away at 6pm tomorrow for my 2nd job's annual meeting (organization rules, awards, dinner), not tonight. Good thing I caught it before I got out the door. Too bad I scheduled the wrong day off, and now my boss is giving me a super hard time about leaving early tomorrow. fuck me :bomb:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Mak, I know you're a fan of MST3K so this might be a good shirt buy for you:

1299021327_BOTTOM__0228-11h05m06.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks mang but its a bit too busy for my tastes. MSt3k is the best though. I was just watching Sinbad and the Magic Voyage last night.

[quote name='TheRock88']Checked that iPad 2 locator site and it says the Target next to my house just got them in. Now to decide if I want a 16gb 2nd gen for $499 or go with the 32gb 1st gen for $399.

Mak, you just got one right? Is the 2nd gen with lower HD space worth the extra $100?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't tell ya personally. I haven't set it up yet. Gonna do that tonight. From what I've read in the various forums though its well worth the upgrade. It supposedly is tons faster than the first iPad.

Yes. n+1 gen apple anything usually shits all over the n gen apple product.
The ipad2 vs. ipad is no exception.
The ipad3 will probably make the ipad2 look archaic next March.

If I ever get a tablet, I'd definitely go Android. The options are just so much more robust than what iOS has to offer. Too many damn restrictions on iOS, and I absolutely hate iTunes :D

Has anyone heard whether the rumors that Verizon is ending unlimited data after Thursday are true? Going to go ahead and get that Thunderbolt if that is true.

Anyone know if PSN codes actually expire? I've got a code for Pixeljunk Shooter that came with my system, but it says it expires tomorrow. Looking to trade it away.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Has anyone heard whether the rumors that Verizon is ending unlimited data after Thursday are true? Going to go ahead and get that Thunderbolt if that is true.[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope not. We can't change over until Junes 1st.

[quote name='TheRock88']Checked that iPad 2 locator site and it says the Target next to my house just got them in. Now to decide if I want a 16gb 2nd gen for $499 or go with the 32gb 1st gen for $399.

Mak, you just got one right? Is the 2nd gen with lower HD space worth the extra $100?[/QUOTE]

Where is a 1G 32GB $400?

And what are you using the iPad for? If it's just apps, like me, I figure 16GB will be fine.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Anyone in the OTT familiar with the Boston area? I'm trying to get from the aquarium to fenway and wondering what cab rates are going to cost me.[/QUOTE]

bend-over-boy.jpg

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Has anyone heard whether the rumors that Verizon is ending unlimited data after Thursday are true? Going to go ahead and get that Thunderbolt if that is true.[/QUOTE]

They said that about LAST Thusday as well. :roll:

I believe VZW is allowing TBolts free hotspot until 5/15. Doesn't make sense to sign people up for 5GB capped plans AND allow them to tether.

But common sense and America's Telcoms rarely go together.

From what I've seen, it's only for new contracts. Old contracts will be grandfathered in at this point. So, when someone gets a new phone, if they don't want the telephone pole sideways up their ass, they'll sign a new contract and get raped with data fees, instead.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone know if PSN codes actually expire? I've got a code for Pixeljunk Shooter that came with my system, but it says it expires tomorrow. Looking to trade it away.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do.

Probably.

Looks like yes.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/verizon-unlimited-data-no-more-prepare-to-pay-more-for-less/
They're ending unlimited data by this summer, according to the announcement, though no exact date is given.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I certainly hope not. We can't change over until Junes 1st.[/QUOTE]

eff-ewe-see-kay-eee-dee.

i hope they try to eliminate the grandfathers so i can use it to get the fuck off VZW here.

[quote name='Eviltude']P90X isn't for quitters like me.[/QUOTE]

Rome always plays this clip when talking about the Doc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERR5Sdm7mA8

As far as Verizon goes, I knew it was ending this summer but I was hoping it would actually be summer. I might just go ahead and bite the bullet. The phone is only 220 on my sisters plan and my contract is 90 days out in mid april. I might as well lock myself in and get on with it.

I don't watch Rome all the time, but it's generally enjoyable and I have seen him use that before. I need to pick up a few things to actually do all of the exercises, but that shit is intense. Being super skinny with little body fat, I expect to see some results fairly quickly if I can stick with it.

Netflix needs to start bunching all of their shows together like they did No Reservations. Having to find season 2 of South Park out of 12 seasons or what have you is ridiculous when I could just click South Park and scroll to the season/episode I want.

manthing: They have already identified the cause of baldness. Just hang in there for a few more hundred thousand birthdays, Mak.

[quote name='Eviltude']I don't watch Rome all the time, but it's generally enjoyable and I have seen him use that before. I need to pick up a few things to actually do all of the exercises, but that shit is intense. Being super skinny with little body fat, I expect to see some results fairly quickly if I can stick with it.

Netflix needs to start bunching all of their shows together like they did No Reservations. Having to find season 2 of South Park out of 12 seasons or what have you is ridiculous when I could just click South Park and scroll to the season/episode I want.[/QUOTE]

His radio show is 100X better than his TV show. He goes off on all types of tangents and rants that are hilarious. Plus people spend all day sending e-mails, texts, tweets, and actually calling just shitting on each other that is fucking great. Friday is the hackoff which is going to be fucking hilarious. He gets the worst callers to call in to try and play their way into the smackoff. Listening to terrible callers rip on each others is almost as good as hearing good callers rip on each other.

Casey, can you explain why Rome has a 4 hour radio show with 2 1/2 hours of content? He's generally entertaining, but his 6 seconds of dead air after every sentence is unbelievable. Between that and repeating himself four different ways with every tangent he goes off on and I'm amazed anyone listens for over 30 minutes at a time without changing the channel.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']His radio show is 100X better than his TV show. He goes off on all types of tangents and rants that are hilarious. Plus people spend all day sending e-mails, texts, tweets, and actually calling just shitting on each other that is fucking great. Friday is the hackoff which is going to be fucking hilarious. He gets the worst callers to call in to try and play their way into the smackoff. Listening to terrible callers rip on each others is almost as good as hearing good callers rip on each other.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we don't get his radio show in my area. I would know, pretty much the only radio station I have listened to is sports radio since I heard the same Black Eyed Peas song on 3 different stations at the same time. That pretty much sums up sports radio as a whole though. Talk about something for 5 minutes, spend 25 minutes arguing with people about the host's opinion.

[quote name='manthing']Where is a 1G 32GB $400?

And what are you using the iPad for? If it's just apps, like me, I figure 16GB will be fine.[/QUOTE]

Verizon stores. They discounted the first gen iPads for $300 (16gb, which is sold out everywhere. This was my first choice but cause no one has it, gotta go with the next option), $400 (32gb), and $500 (64gb).

Mostly using it for apps, reading ebooks, watching movies, and surfing.

[quote name='Eviltude']Yeah we don't get his radio show in my area. I would know, pretty much the only radio station I have listened to is sports radio since I heard the same Black Eyed Peas song on 3 different stations at the same time. That pretty much sums up sports radio as a whole though. Talk about something for 5 minutes, spend 25 minutes arguing with people about the host's opinion.[/QUOTE]

That is why Rome is great. He basically has all of one phone call and barely has any interaction with his fans because he knows that almost all of them suck. When they suck he shits on them hard.

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio, but that is the only show I actually enjoy. Dan Patrick's show is alright, but almost all the shows that ESPN puts on are terrible. Local sports talk radio is even worse. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

My iPad 2 isn't scheduled to arrive until the 14th. Boo. :( I might try again to get one in store, but I don't know. Probably I should just be patient. Either way, the future is still in my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back