We found a worse OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']Death Cab for Cutie.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like Narrow Stairs. Plans, and Transatlanticism were really good though.

Undercover Boss tonight is interesting so far. The CEO of Baja Fresh is a goofball, but a Korean as a CEO of a place that sells Mexican food? GTFO.

There was one that was open around me a total of no more than 6 months years ago. I remember the food tasting very bland. I think I'm too used to processed shit.

[quote name='seanr1221']Undercover Boss is a scripted piece of bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They all follow a formula; The CEO goes in and does the grunt work, which they never can do well, the employees are so great and are working so hard and don't get recognized, and at the end everybody assembles and laughs, and the CEO at the end reveals to each employee they work with who they are and rewards them handsomely.

It's feel good bullshit, but it's entertaining, and a good study of how companies operate for people like me who studied business.

If they really wanted to do good TV, they'd show more shitty employees, like they did in the first season with Hooters. That episode was great.

According to people who know the guy in the Hooters episode (the one who made the girls eat with their hands behind their backs) he is one of the top managers in the company. Once again, all scripted.

We're truly going after the "worst" in the title, aren't we?

Was wondering why nobody made a new one though last night. I would have, but I'm sure it would have sucked.

Even though I was never a big movie person, George Carlin has convinced me to come back to netflix after my trial ended months ago.

So I'm at work and I see that what we really have right now is a continuing resolution for a budget only through Friday. I guess we presume that a real budget deal will actually be made as promised before that's up? Do I have reason to believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back