We Love Katamari ships way early

RaidenMGS3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this and this really isn't a cheap deal but I'm sure some people will be interested... my local Target got this game in today. I was shocked when I saw it sitting in the new release row.

Can anyone else confirm...?

I'll head by Target tommorrow if this is true.

The only report I can find is the same guy saying he got it on GameFAQ's... kind of skeptical. Why would Namco ship the game out this early?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']$30?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. It was 29.99 regular price, but it's so worth it. The co-op mode rocks

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']so you're playing it right now? Take a picture of it next to a handwritten CAG sign.[/QUOTE]

No scanner, no digital camera, no way to prove it.

I would be 100% shocked and dumbfounded if he proved it, however.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']so you're playing it right now? Take a picture of it next to a handwritten CAG sign.[/QUOTE]

I took a picture but I'm pretty noob. How do I post it on here?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']my friend got halo 2 a week and a half before release so stranger things have happend[/QUOTE]

Most distrubutors will send copies way in advance of highly anticipated games. My store received Madden 2006 a week early (it wouldn't ring up until the release date, though).

But 95% of the time we receive games the day of release when the truck comes, it's only those super big releases that we get an early stockpile of.

I would love to pick it up tommorrow =/

PS Take a picture of the receipt as well, just edit out any credit card information or anything like that.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I took a picture but I'm pretty noob. How do I post it on here?[/QUOTE]

That's interesting since they just pushed the release date to 9/20.
Also the Target my boyfriend works at did not receive it yet. And Target usually does not receive games that early but it could be a fluke who knows.

Yea, it does look legit... odd that Target received it so early.

Probably YMMV though, I won't get my hopes up... would be nice if Namco shipped it early everywhere though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Most distrubutors will send copies way in advance of highly anticipated games. My store received Madden 2006 a week early (it wouldn't ring up until the release date, though).

But 95% of the time we receive games the day of release when the truck comes, it's only those super big releases that we get an early stockpile of.

I would love to pick it up tommorrow =/

PS Take a picture of the receipt as well, just edit out any credit card information or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

album
here's the receipt scan

i dont' believe your pics....please include a pic of yourself with your girlfriend holding the game with a can of whipped cream up her ass with the receipt stapled to your penis and your girlfriend's mother having the letter C on her left asscheek, A around her asshole and G on her right asscheek all while your girlfriend plays the game with her tits on the screen...'til then, i'm calling bullshit on this thread

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i dont' believe your pics....please include a pic of yourself with your girlfriend holding the game with a can of whipped cream up her ass with the receipt stapled to your penis and your girlfriend's mother having the letter C on her left asscheek, A around her asshole and G on her right asscheek all while your girlfriend plays the game with her tits on the screen...'til then, i'm calling bullshit on this thread[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Seriously, goddamn.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i dont' believe your pics....please include a pic of yourself with your girlfriend holding the game with a can of whipped cream up her ass with the receipt stapled to your penis and your girlfriend's mother having the letter C on her left asscheek, A around her asshole and G on her right asscheek all while your girlfriend plays the game with her tits on the screen...'til then, i'm calling bullshit on this thread[/QUOTE]

LoL I was thinking the same thing.

i still have my 10% off coupon from Gamestop that im waiting to use for this from when that Rome game or whatever was marked as $9.99 for pre-order...it expires 9.30.05...im just stacking up a bunch of crap until then

all of these come out by 9.30.05 and they're what im thinking about getting:

Chicago Enforcer
Outlaw Tennis
TMNT MM
SW Battlefront (maybe)
Inuyasha
Flipnic
Red Ninja
Myst 4
Evil Dead 9.13
Worms 4 9.27
River King 9.1
Animaniacs 8.23
Metal Slug 4&5 (maybe)
We Love Katamari 9.20

:rofl:

Nice. Smart move to cover up anything you didn't want to show on the actual receipt when you took the pic.

Ask for it and be like "did you get it in yet? It was supposed to be out today" and see what they say. Thats what I said when I got Killzone a few days before release and they had it in the back.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I wouldntve expected anyone to be able to find another location. This is extreme flukesville.[/QUOTE]

I work at a store and we often put out games a few days early. Why you ask cause the people in the back that unload trucks take the games out of boxes that say don't sell by 00/00/0000 and put them in boxes that say "stock to floor immediately" I know that they are not suppose to be out but I would get yelled at for not stocking so I happily put them on the floor. recent games that come to mind is wwe day of reckoning 2, Rainbow six, and mario baseball. They went out early 5 days, 2 days and 3 days respectively. However we get most games a few days early and bigger titles we get a stockpile about a week or so early.

At Best Buy and Target you can just walk into the "back" if nobody is looking, and if you get caught just say you can't find the bathroom.

At EB Games you have to have like 2 freinds to distract employees (and maybe customers) because the store is too small and you can see the door from the counter.

[quote name='Quackzilla']At Best Buy and Target you can just walk into the "back" if nobody is looking, and if you get caught just say you can't find the bathroom.

At EB Games you have to have like 2 freinds to distract employees (and maybe customers) because the store is too small and you can see the door from the counter.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a horrible idea.

Dammit, I was just AT target. Didn't even really pay attention to the ps2 case. Just checked it for sale cards... I will be VERY happy if this is just $30. I thought it was going to be $50.

Oh noes! Its lust like when those Harry Potter books were released early! The police are gonna come tou your house and stop your from playing! And you can only start on the release date! And if you did start, they are gonna shoot you to prevent you from leaking secrets!

[quote name='Quackzilla']At Best Buy and Target you can just walk into the "back" if nobody is looking, and if you get caught just say you can't find the bathroom.

At EB Games you have to have like 2 freinds to distract employees (and maybe customers) because the store is too small and you can see the door from the counter.[/QUOTE]

right, if noone is looking you can get away with a lot of shit...you sound like the type of sneaky asshole who steals from these stores too

I don't love Katamari. I played it for like 5mins and then I was like "th1s gAm3 is t3h suXX0rz" and then I payed it $10 and he gave it to me.

Moral of the story: Figure it out yourself

On Topic: I might pick this up...seeing as co-op looks really fun

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']right, if noone is looking you can get away with a lot of shit...you sound like the type of sneaky asshole who steals from these stores too[/QUOTE]
Stealing stuff is wrong, but there is nothing wrong with buying stuff before the release date if I just happen to find it on a shelf somewhere...

Confirmed in Woodland, CA.

After reading this thread last night I stopped by a Target on the way home from work today, and they had at least 10 copies behind the glass. This might be a little bit more than a fluke. When the cashier went to get the game she said they had received the game "yesterday" (9/8).

If this is indeed a screw-up, it's a GREAT one. I

Just to save some people some time, the Target in College Mall in Bloomington, IN doesn't have any out yet. It could be possible a few days down the road but, for the time being, they haven't really stocked anything new out on the shelves as of yet.

I love the handmade CAG sign. You just have crayons laying around just in case someone wants a hand drawn sign? Anyway congrats on the find.

bread's done
Back