Weezer Appreciation Thread - Pork and Beans - EPIC VIDEO! Views: 2,671,328

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with what I've heard so far. However, I refuse to listen to anything else until the album's official release. I don't want the whole damn album spoiled.

Also, I have no doubt that I'm going to see them during their new tour. I've already seen them 5 times and they rock.

I really wish they would play some unreleased stuff on the live tours. I'd love to hear Purification of Water or Souvenirs, Novelties, and Party Tricks live.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Its alright. It has grown on me but still is pretty bad. Very very cheesy lyrics.[/quote]

Have you heard Make Believe? Nothing beats Make Believe in the cheesy lyrics department.

I want to help you
But I don't know how
I want to soothe you
But I can't speak out
I have many fears
About rejection
I have many memories of pain
I have always been a little shy
So I'll turn and look the other way

[Chorus:]
Other way
Other way
I will turn and look the other way

What the hell does that even mean?

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do
Yes I do...
Yes I do

At the very minimum, TRA has lyrics that are about things. Tangible things.

[quote name='Zen Davis']

What the hell does that even mean?
[/QUOTE]

You are quoting "The Other Way." The song is about Elliott Smith's girlfriend, Jennifer Chiba. After Elliott committed suicide, Rivers tried to console her and be a friend. However, he was letting this own feelings get in the way. Instead of honestly being a helpful friend, these feelings he had for her (because they once dated) were resurfacing and he was conflicted. Rivers will sometimes vent his feelings with songs, more so on blue and pinkerton. That song was him getting that conflicted feeling with Jennifer out of his system.

P.S. On a related not, if you haven't listened to Elliott Smith, you should.

[quote name='R1V3R5']You are quoting "The Other Way." The song is about Elliott Smith's girlfriend, Jennifer Chiba. After Elliott committed suicide, Rivers tried to console her and be a friend. However, he was letting this own feelings get in the way. Instead of honestly being a helpful friend, these feelings he had for her (because they once dated) were resurfacing and he was conflicted. Rivers will sometimes vent his feelings with songs, more so on blue and pinkerton. That song was him getting that conflicted feeling with Jennifer out of his system.

P.S. On a related not, if you haven't listened to Elliott Smith, you should.[/quote]

That could have been expressed in a much better way is what I'm saying.

I only heard St. Ides Heaven (?) and Needle in the Hay by Smith.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Have you heard Make Believe? Nothing beats Make Believe in the cheesy lyrics department.[/quote]

Not the best defense I've ever heard; "Oh yeah, well at least they're not as awful as this incredibly awful thing!"

I'm a huge Weezer fan and think it is great "smokin" music.

My favorite albums, in order go

1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Maladroit
4. Green

These are actually the only ones I have. I never bought the newer one w/ Beverly Hills on it b/c I was pissed at that song and how poppy it was. Still, nice to hear W on the radio but I'd rather hear the Sweater Song or Buddy Holly or something good.

I'm lookin foward to the new album and didn't even know there was one comin until I saw this thread. Thanks ZenDavis!

I saw them once in the Civic Arena. It would have been a much better show if i didn't have to SIT IN MY SEAT. Seriously, when I go ot concerts I don't go to sit and listen. I go to smoke with strangers and mosh and dance and chill, not just fuckin sit and listen.

How do you guys feel about paying for 20 minutes of music again? Unless the album is $5, I'm not buying it. It just feels like Rivers (not really the band) is selling out. Just pushing out albums just to make a buck. Make Believe was their only good album IMO.

I think we can all agree that Foo Fighters is a far superior band, right? Weezer should tour with them again. They were a great opening act. ;)

[quote name='Bigsauce']ust pushing out albums just to make a buck. Make Believe was their only good album IMO.
[/QUOTE]

GTFO

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Hes trolling.
Its best not to respond.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh....ya caught me! Me sorry! I

[quote name='Bigsauce']How do you guys feel about paying for 20 minutes of music again? Unless the album is $5, I'm not buying it. It just feels like Rivers (not really the band) is selling out. Just pushing out albums just to make a buck. Make Believe was their only good album IMO.

I think we can all agree that Foo Fighters is a far superior band, right? Weezer should tour with them again. They were a great opening act. ;)[/quote]

The deluxe album is actually over an hour long I believe. The normal version looks to be roughly 40 minutes. It's good to be informed if you're going to try trolling.

And man, LFO. Wow. That's going back. Today they would be the spokesmen for Jersey douchebags everywhere.

That's the whole idea behind trolling. Yer not supposed to accurate info, thus pissing off people even more.

The whole 20 minute mark is more of a reference to the Green Album.

Yer telling me that Pork & Bean's isn't written by LFO??? C'mon! Summergirls FTW!!

Owell, at least Everyone Get Dangerous is a good song. Hopefully we come away with at least one more. So far I've heard 3 different ones. I don't wanna DL it early and have some of the other songs be wrong so I'll wait for the official release.

Pork & Beans, Everyone Get Dangerous, and the Long title one on iTunes that got released early. I have like 4 free songs from iTunes and I wasn't about to waste it on that. We'll see about the rest of the album.

Do you think it's weird if my roommate has a bunch of pics of Rivers with his mouth cut out hidden underneath his mattress? I caught him printing them out and asked what he was doing with them and said some bogus stuff about a "school" project. But he's not even in school ATM. Should I confront him? The weird part was he has the new pic of Rivers with the mustache and there appears to be hair glued to the picture. But he doesn't have a beard....where would he have gotten the hair from....oh....my....god.....

Holy hell....

Everyone Get Dangerous is freakin' awful. This isn't =w=, it's an abortion.

Greatest Man That Ever Lived is amusing, but that's about the extent of it.

[quote name='dragonsho']That was a cool video. Too bad the song still sucks. Rivers lyrics have gone so far downhill.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Did you like Everyone Get Dangerous? A much better song IMO. Pork and Beans seems very LFO-ish, meaning it's just a bunch of random stuff and the video actually solidifies that argument. Still, the video was at least entertaining.

Pork & Beans is just a plain bad song, imo. Entertaining video. It's not a matter of the song being meaningless, it's a matter of (at least to me) it not being enjoyable to hear. It's catchy, but bad.

Maybe I've just moved past alternative as a genre. I can't think of any recent alt songs I've liked.

[quote name='Bigsauce']Completely agree. Did you like Everyone Get Dangerous? A much better song IMO. Pork and Beans seems very LFO-ish, meaning it's just a bunch of random stuff and the video actually solidifies that argument. Still, the video was at least entertaining.[/quote]
I've heard all the tracks released so far and didn't really enjoy any of them. None of these songs sound like Weezer, well the old Weezer anyway. Also, what's up with no solos in any of the songs?

I wish they would just release songs from the black hole.

I can't believe they banned Zen for posting that Weezer Video. It's not that bad. Owell, I think that Rivers kid is next then. Gooooo get'em mods!

Full Album has leaked.

Full track list:
1. "Troublemaker" - 2:44
2. "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)"- 5:52
3. "Pork and Beans" - 3:09
4. "Heart Songs" - 4:06
5. "Everybody Get Dangerous" - 4:03
6. "Dreamin’" - 5:12
7. "Thought I Knew" - 3:01
8. "Cold Dark World" - 3:51
9. "Automatic" - 3:07
10. "The Angel and the One" - 6:46
11. "The Weight" - 4:31

I just listened to the whole album for the first time and I think it might be total shit. I LOVE(D?) Weezer but whatever the hell is going on right now needs to stop. The lyrics are beyond awful and they are getting dangerously close to ruining the whole thing.

I bought the cd yesterday and listened to most of it. I'm sad to say that it may not get another listen. A waste of $6. I need to stop buying new cd's since I have been disappointed too often. I don't buy many these days, but have been disappointed by Ours, White Stripes, and now Weezer's latest.

[quote name='javeryh']I just listened to the whole album for the first time and I think it might be total shit. I LOVE(D?) Weezer but whatever the hell is going on right now needs to stop. The lyrics are beyond awful and they are getting dangerously close to ruining the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Pork and Beans was a glimmer of hope. The rest of the CD destroyed it.

I liked "Automatic", "Pork and Beans", "The Greatest Man that Ever Lived", and "Heart Songs". Everything else is pretty meh.

I liked Maladroit and Make Believe more than most people (and the Green Album less) but this is probably my new, least favorite Weezer album (behind the Green Album). I'm sticking with it though, maybe some of it will grow on me.

Pork and Beans was alright, but the rest of the album was complete shit. I really wish they would go back to being the Weezer that put out the blue album.

I was so disappointed with this CD. Heart Songs was about the only good song, much less the only one worth listening to. Excuse me, I'm going to sleep this off and hope I can forget all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back