Weinergate is finally over OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been. I went to a debate about a Prop 2 1/2. Basically what happened was a few years back the police & fire departments agreed to delay their raises for a year due to decreased tax revenue to the town, but the teachers union insisted on keeping their 5% raise. I was opposed. I didn't speak, and it got pushed to a vote at election day (which it was voted down by 2/3rds of the town). Then the town government went and re-budgeted the money to the teachers anyway, so go democracy.

EDIT: i should clarify that a Prop 2 1/2 vote is a vote in MA is based on a law that property taxes can only be raised by 2.5%, and anything above that needs to be approved by the town in a vote.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why raise taxes? There's a shitload of stuff we could cut so that we wouldn't have to raise taxes.

Military (end the wars and close all our bases)
Foreign aid
Dept of Homeland Security (eliminate)
Welfare (eliminate)
Social security (privatize)
Medicare (eliminate)
Medicaid (eliminate)
Coast guard (eliminate)
Border patrol (eliminate)

And some other places, but these will need a lot more thought was you can't simply eliminate or privatize them without protecting those who are less fortunate.

Dept of Ed (possibly privatize)
Police (possibly privatize)[/QUOTE]

I think you've lost the plot.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Are you going to be more specific or just throw out accusations?[/QUOTE]

For some reason I just felt like poking you with a stick.

I did appreciate your reference to Thoreau earlier.

Morning, OTT.

Nothing like coming to work on your day off, and getting bitched at.

I should have stayed home.

On the bright side, like Eldergamer, we too bought a new car: 2008 Mazda CX-9

A33474.jpg

Got a great bank rate, and hope to pay it off in 3-4 years.

Just got a chance to play around with discless Netflix on the PS3 for the first time. Frisky is right, its way better than the Xblocks version. Its a lot easier to see whats out there and it moves way faster too.

[quote name='seanr1221']NBA Jam .99 on the iPad?

Sold.[/QUOTE]

Same. Also picked up Mirror's Edge iPad and NFS:HP iPad. Lots of great iOS sales right now. More for the backlog....

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Nothing like coming to work on your day off, and getting bitched at.

I should have stayed home.

On the bright side, like Eldergamer, we too bought a new car: 2008 Mazda CX-9

A33474.jpg

Got a great bank rate, and hope to pay it off in 3-4 years.[/QUOTE]

A new to you car at least, if it's a 2008. I had found a 2010 Mazda 5 at the dealership but they didnt get back to me soon enough and the 2009 Kia was more of a sure thing.

I've only finanaced a car once in the past 3 cars I've bought. Everything else has been paid in full. (Thank you Erik B and Rakim)
They would not negotiate on the price though. :cry:

I hate arguing on this one irc channel I visit about video games. I've always been a console gamer, and the people I argue against are all pc gamers. One's big on modding, one is big on custom pcs, and the other(s) suck on valve's dick pretty much all the time.

On a whim I decided to get back in touch with a girl I knew in high school and college that I haven't talked to in a while (hoping her number hadn't changed). This was a stupid idea since she tells me she got married in May.

Bummer.

[quote name='munch']Everyone should watch Wilfred.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that show is so great.

Does anyone get the digital version of gamer informer? I signed up for it a while ago when I upped my edge card and somehow it sucks worse than the actual magazine. I dont know how its possible.

I had GI the last time I re-upped my Edge card, never having had it before - previously had an Edge card when we had those great $2 or some such deals on getting it, whatever it was. I didn't re-up again. Hmm.

Just traded in a bunch of stuff to Gamestop. I got Fear 3 (sorry Sneaky!) and a ton of credit. I would've bought Metro 2033 but their "new" copy was out of the wrapper, opened, covered with tons of stickers, and beat more to hell than 90% of the used copies.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the Colonies Edition of Lost Planet? Not interested.[/QUOTE]

You haven't played the first Lost Planet yet?

[quote name='Maklershed']You haven't played the first Lost Planet yet?[/QUOTE]
I played the first level of the Colonies edition before trading it in because every other part of that version was bad. I've been meaning to pick up the original version at some point since I liked what I played of it.

I could google but I'll ask since we're discussing it .. what's different about the Colonies version compared to the original? I played the original around the time it came out and it was awesome. It actually had some pretty good mp at the time too.

[quote name='munch']Everyone should watch Wilfred.[/QUOTE]

I fucking love this show. It is so absurd that it is just fantastic.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the Colonies Edition of Lost Planet? Not interested.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with colonies? Isn't it just Lost Planet with some new multiplayer modes?

Lost Planet: Colonies
Lost Planet: Colonies is a gold edition version of Extreme Condition for the Xbox 360 and PC.[2] The game includes new multiplayer maps, a Human vs Akrid multiplayer mode, and a selection of new multiplayer characters and weapons.[3]
Colonies also introduces four new single-player modes: Score Attack (points are given for each kill using combos.), Time Trial Battle Mode, first person shooter mode, and Unlimited Mode. The game also includes cross-platform play between Xbox Live and Games for Windows – Live users. The Colonies edition is not compatible with the original Lost Planet save games or multiplayer game, so players of each release may only play with others who have the same release. The game was released in North America on May 27, 2008; in Japan on May 29; and in Europe on June 6.

Sounds like it's better to me... unless Frisky has a save from Lost Colonies: Extreme Condition he wants to finish and it's not compatible with the newer version.

[quote name='Maklershed']I could google but I'll ask since we're discussing it .. what's different about the Colonies version compared to the original? I played the original around the time it came out and it was awesome. It actually had some pretty good mp at the time too.[/QUOTE]
All of the MP is on completely different servers from the original and there are no SP achievements, so the main thing I wanted to play would be better on the original version and the MP has pretty much nobody playing it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I had GI the last time I re-upped my Edge card, never having had it before - previously had an Edge card when we had those great $2 or some such deals on getting it, whatever it was. I didn't re-up again. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Hurm.

I got an offer for $200 cash for my arcade 360, two controllers, headset, Rock Band 2 and RB1 instruments, and a bunch of old crap games (Madden 09, Condemned 1 & 2, Gears, Scene It, Smackdown 09, Alone In The Dark, Banjo, NBA 2k8).

Take it? I haven't turned it on in months - ever since I got a PS3, really.

Is there a way to transfer all of my old save files and DLC stuff from a 120GB HD to a newer system for when I inevitably pick one up again?

[quote name='JJSP']Is there a way to transfer all of my old save files and DLC stuff from a 120GB HD to a newer system for when I inevitably pick one up again?[/QUOTE]Put your saves and profile on a USB stick. For the DLC stuff you can do a DLC license transfer to the new system.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home
And after you do that you then re-download all the stuff on your new system.

Biggest thing I don't want to lose is my Fallout content (I got it from disc installs) and Rock Bad library. Everything else is pretty much expendable since all of my downloaded Arcade games can be DL'd again. Profiles transferred over as well as FO content. Rock Band stuff I'll worry about if I ever get another set.

Thanks for the tips!

Picked up that borderlands goty for $10 at best buy. What character should I play as? I'd probably prefer a fun n gun type guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back