Weinergate is finally over OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was Cars 2 any good?[/QUOTE]

Eh. I mean, it was charming and entertaining I suppose. Personally I fucking hate Larry the Cable Guy and the whole movie is about his character so I was more annoyed than anything. I don't think dumbass hillbilly is funny.

Metro 2033 is pretty cool. The weapons feel really weird, but everything else is really neat. Hope to finish it tonight and start Shadows of the Damned after I get everything into the new apt and settled in. [quote name='FriskyTanuki']This summary of the first two Transformers movies completely blew my mind:

http://www.screened.com/heres-what-you-missed-transformers/128-665/[/QUOTE]
pretty much. :lol:

I used the last of my fandango codes to take a friend to see tf3 tuesday night and holy shit it stank. 3D hurts my head. Her facebook post after the movie was "OMG TF3 WAS AMAZING. SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OTHER 2!" :\

Oh, and I had never seen this before, but there were police checking people's bags for outside food and filling a big trash bag with the stuff if they didn't want to get out of line and put it in their car. POLICE. PO PO. :roll:

I forgot how tense Dead Space can be. Started the 2nd one last night. Of course, unlike my playthrough of the first game, this time I have turtle beaches I can use.

Send that Metro 2033 my way when you're done mang.

[quote name='lordwow']When I went on opening weekend to see Spider-man 3, the audience was laughing too loud to fall asleep.[/QUOTE]

In a bad way I hope?

Craziest thing happenned yesterday.

So over the spring I was taking an economics class, and we had to hand in a paper as a final. We were allowed to work together with other students which I did, as long as our papers are different. Same numbers is ok.

My classmate who I worked with, asked me for my paper the night before deadline.I gave him my paper because he said he was stuck, and since we already were working together, I thought I could give him some ideas on what to write about through my final draft.

Then yesterday I got a call saying that I gotta change my major cuz my paper looks similar to my classmates. We both went to school and had an argument with the prof. Then I looked at our papers, and my classmate basically trimmed down my paper, and reworded each sentence. It look SO SIMILAR. I was given a fucking D and my friend failed the course. The class was a finance pre-requisite, and I couldn't get a D in any of the pre-req courses (which I did).

Idk what else happenned to him, but I know he got penalized more than I did. He won't answer my text or calls but hey at least he admitted his wrong doing.

Now I'm an econ major.. Was finance before.

But I'm afraid that I'm gonna lose a job offer which I accepted to start working after I graduate next year, all because I changed my major.

At least I still get to graduate on time though.

Don't mind the spelling. Typed all of this on my BB

Last edited by a moderator:
New van.

picture.php

More pics and info in the blog.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=21888

[quote name='munch']Chris Hansen got busted with a younger woman via hidden cameras. I love irony.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the chick was like in her mid 20's. If it was with a little kid, now that would be true irony.

[quote name='Maklershed']Looks like that bad boy is in the middle of a Barbara Walters interview.[/QUOTE]

And you too can get that special photo effect by letting your kids wipe their grubby fingers over the lens of your digital camera. (And then forget to clean it)

[quote name='eldergamer']And you too can get that special photo effect by letting your kids wipe their grubby fingers over the lens of your digital camera. (And then forget to clean it)[/QUOTE]

Kids ruin everything!

Not really, I just like saying that.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Craziest thing happenned yesterday.

So over the spring I was taking an economics class, and we had to hand in a paper as a final. We were allowed to work together with other students which I did, as long as our papers are different. Same numbers is ok.

My classmate who I worked with, asked me for my paper the night before deadline.I gave him my paper because he said he was stuck, and since we already were working together, I thought I could give him some ideas on what to write about through my final draft.

Then yesterday I got a call saying that I gotta change my major cuz my paper looks similar to my classmates. We both went to school and had an argument with the prof. Then I looked at our papers, and my classmate basically trimmed down my paper, and reworded each sentence. It look SO SIMILAR. I was given a fucking D and my friend failed the course. The class was a finance pre-requisite, and I couldn't get a D in any of the pre-req courses (which I did).

Idk what else happenned to him, but I know he got penalized more than I did. He won't answer my text or calls but hey at least he admitted his wrong doing.

Now I'm an econ major.. Was finance before.

But I'm afraid that I'm gonna lose a job offer which I accepted to start working after I graduate next year, all because I changed my major.

At least I still get to graduate on time though.

Don't mind the spelling. Typed all of this on my BB[/QUOTE]

I have heard these types of cases at my institution. I don't think you'll want my opinion on it.

[quote name='Rocko']If I were to buy a foreign automobile, I'd buy Toyota.[/QUOTE]

There's a huge price difference between a toyota and kia.

[quote name='munch']There's a huge price difference between a toyota and kia.[/QUOTE]

Is there not a huge quality/longevity difference as well? In something as important as a car, the extra bang is certainly worth the extra buck.

Anybody else getting a lot of hassle from the Firefox Echofon app? It keeps popping up a window with a code I'm supposed to enter in the Echofon website but I can't get it to stay open long enough to get the code and I also couldn't find a place to enter any codes in the Echofon site.

[quote name='Maklershed']Anybody else getting a lot of hassle from the Firefox Echofon app? It keeps popping up a window with a code I'm supposed to enter in the Echofon website but I can't get it to stay open long enough to get the code and I also couldn't find a place to enter any codes in the Echofon site.[/QUOTE]

I shut it off because it'd also screw with Youtube.

My friend picked the wrong time to visit Greece. Luckily he will be spending his time in a condo on the coast. I am still jealous of him though.

I hope Yun gets banned in future ssf4ae tournaments. I saw daigo rape everybody at ReveLAtions with a combo that takes away 50% of your health everytime it lands.

[quote name='lordwow']At least they didn't default.[/QUOTE]

Very true. That's the thing about it though, I completely approve of their peaceful protests but its always a shame when it ends up to violent.

[quote name='Rocko']If I were to buy a foreign automobile, I'd buy Toyota.[/QUOTE]

Really? It seems like they're being recalled every single week for some problem. You'd be better off with a Honda.

Oh, and about Metro 2055 or whatever, I thought it was a great game too, but I got to a part where it constantly glitched and I ended up having to quit. Never got to finish it. I seem to be having that problem a lot lately.

Now, everyone go donate.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

Since we have a thread dedicated to customers who give us a hard time at work, how about starting one with the employees that we work with that can be just as difficult?

For me today, there were a few that were trying to clear an electronics call button and couldn't figure about why it wouldn't clear. The reason: Because it was a TOYS call button that was announced on a walkie talkie. How do you confuse the words "electronics" and "toys"?

[quote name='flowery']Very true. That's the thing about it though, I completely approve of their peaceful protests but its always a shame when it ends up to violent.[/QUOTE]

True, I can't imagine living in a country where people are upset about potentially having to pay higher taxes to reduce their debt.

Oh...

[quote name='Cage017']Since we have a thread dedicated to customers who give us a hard time at work, how about starting one with the employees that we work with that can be just as difficult?

For me today, there were a few that were trying to clear an electronics call button and couldn't figure about why it wouldn't clear. The reason: Because it was a TOYS call button that was announced on a walkie talkie. How do you confuse the words "electronics" and "toys"?[/QUOTE]

Heh. Reminds me of a story I heard the other day. This one girl who transferred from another store was telling us of a phantom call button. It would go off at random times, yet nobody ever pushed it.

[quote name='lordwow']True, I can't imagine living in a country where people are upset about potentially having to pay higher taxes to reduce their debt.

Oh...[/QUOTE]

My favorite part is the party the spends all the money then bitches about spending all the money when the other guys get put in charge. Shit blows my fucking mind. Lemme just start two never ending wars and give away half a billion dollars to the pharmaceutical industry then blame the other guys because it is all their fault. Oh and don't forget the part about handing them the worst economy since the great depression.

Not trying to turn the OTT into a political debate, but the idea that republicans are the party of fiscal restraint is just the most insane idea ever.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']My favorite part is the party the spends all the money then bitches about spending all the money when the other guys get put in charge. Shit blows my fucking mind. Lemme just start two never ending wars and give away half a billion dollars to the pharmaceutical industry then blame the other guys because it is all their fault. Oh and don't forget the part about handing them the worst economy since the great depression.

Not trying to turn the OTT into a political debate, but the idea that republicans are the party of fiscal restraint is just the most insane idea ever.[/QUOTE]

Today's republicans aren't really republicans. They all talk about smaller government and being fiscally conservative, but they're not. Both parties are too busy nation building and generally being cunts, which has created a hatred for this country that brings us things like 9/11.

Today's republicans are borrow and spend. Democrats are tax and spend. Do either of those things sound like a good idea?

It's why I've always been suspicious of the tea party movement. Why did they only show up as soon as Obama took office? Where were they when Bush was blowing money down the shitter in two illegitimate wars?

These entanglements only serve to bankrupt this nation of gold and blood.

It is going to be interesting when our (and the global economy) gets worst, which will be very soon. I wish I wasn't in Kentucky and I could become more of an activist.

This country will need very large (peaceful) protests against the entire government and both major parties. We must demand a change instead of being naive enough to think these professional con artists politicians will do anything.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']My favorite part is the party the spends all the money then bitches about spending all the money when the other guys get put in charge. Shit blows my fucking mind. Lemme just start two never ending wars and give away half a billion dollars to the pharmaceutical industry then blame the other guys because it is all their fault. Oh and don't forget the part about handing them the worst economy since the great depression.

Not trying to turn the OTT into a political debate, but the idea that republicans are the party of fiscal restraint is just the most insane idea ever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am registered as a Republican, but I voted for Obama last election. I'm not particularly thrilled with either political party, but this debt ceiling BS makes me want to pull my hair out. Reduce spending or Raise taxes? How about... both?

Why raise taxes? There's a shitload of stuff we could cut so that we wouldn't have to raise taxes.

Military (end the wars and close all our bases)
Foreign aid
Dept of Homeland Security (eliminate)
Welfare (eliminate)
Social security (privatize)
Medicare (eliminate)
Medicaid (eliminate)
Coast guard (eliminate)
Border patrol (eliminate)

And some other places, but these will need a lot more thought was you can't simply eliminate or privatize them without protecting those who are less fortunate.

Dept of Ed (possibly privatize)
Police (possibly privatize)

I used to be more of a fan of privatizing stuff, but I shudder at the thought of having the police be privatized and having to enforce the law with the corporations that hire them.

Yes, but the good thing about privatization is that you have options. If you think you can protect yourself, then you don't have to pay shit. On the other hand, if you don't like the job they're doing, you fire them and hire somebody else.

I'm not really sure what you mean by corporations. I figure that if police were privatized, then the private security companies would be hired by local governments on a small scale. It could even be put up to a vote. I'm not sure where corporations fit into it.

Think of the police as being retail stores. Maybe you'll hire walmart for a while. If they do a bad job, you fire them and hire target. At least then you have a choice. The way things are now, what choice do you have? You don't get to choose who protects you and you don't get to choose whether or not you have to pay for it.

But I put it in the second category because you're right, it would be difficult to find a perfect solution.

I just think that if it's a government contract up for grabs, we'll end up with folks like Blackwater who were the private security in Iraq who caused all sorts of issues.

That's a whole different issue. If you hire somebody like Blackwater, and they act like they act over there, it's easy. You fire them. Hire somebody else.

I just don't trust the government to be able to actually fire them. That's how come we end up with shoddy construction work all the time as well, and those folks seem to keep getting rehired.

Like I said, it wouldn't be up to the government, it would be up to the people at a town level. It's true that we the people don't have much impact on the government at a federal level, but at a town level, we have tremendous power. Problem you might have though, is that many people don't flex that power. I tell you what though, you bring blackwater in, that will get people's asses in seats at town hall meetings.

I went to one once because the town I lived in wanted to enact a curfew for people under the age of 18. I went to argue that it was unconstitutional. I was the only person there. It passed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back