Weinergate is finally over OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Number83']
Target in Exton, PA. They have 2 Targets in the area (the other being Lionville that is literally 5 mins from the other)[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I keep thinking you live near York.

[quote name='seanr1221']Who was xrays?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I just first heard his name this morning as well.

Xbox's Beacon program sounds awesome. You can set appointments, anticipated gaming plans, game session requests, etc. I'm not doing it justice at all so listen to the latest Major Nelson podcast.

Yeah, the Beacons thing is a great idea. Not that I listened to the podcast. Just going on the announcement from E3. I can see it helping to get people together for games.

Got to love gamestop and parents. Went to pick up a preorder today and there was like this 8 year old kid and his mom. The kid gives the cashier a copy of FEAR 2. He rings it up, parent pays for it, no questions or concerns were even raised by this :roll:. Cashier did not even say a word.

SUper f'in tired at work until 9am today, and got in at 6:15. At least I'll be able to leave early and miss even more traffic.

Gotta box up carts to be shipped out to customers today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got to love gamestop and parents. Went to pick up a preorder today and there was like this 8 year old kid and his mom. The kid gives the cashier a copy of FEAR 2. He rings it up, parent pays for it, no questions or concerns were even raised by this :roll:. Cashier did not even say a word.[/QUOTE]

Sood encountered something similar with GS and L.A. Noir, but did say something and then proceeded to be berated by the childs parent while the GS employee sat by sheepishly.

So, now that's it's out. Don't trust the reviews for FEAR 3. And don't use the TRU deal for it. I can't get really into it because I still have a job, but...no.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']So, now that's it's out. Don't trust the reviews for FEAR 3. And don't use the TRU deal for it. I can't get really into it because I still have a job, but...no.[/QUOTE]

Wait for Target Clearance confirmed.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']So, now that's it's out. Don't trust the reviews for FEAR 3. And don't use the TRU deal for it. I can't get really into it because I still have a job, but...no.[/QUOTE]
The second I heard single player co-op and regenerating health, it made me not wanting to buy it even before hearing anything else about it. I don't even have plans to buy it, for any amount.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got to love gamestop and parents. Went to pick up a preorder today and there was like this 8 year old kid and his mom. The kid gives the cashier a copy of FEAR 2. He rings it up, parent pays for it, no questions or concerns were even raised by this :roll:. Cashier did not even say a word.[/QUOTE]

Big deal? Are you telling me you never played that shit when you were a kid? Many of us had and, oh look, we're not psychopaths. I bet Chuplayer wasn't allowed to play them though.

It would be cool if hacking groups operated for the good of the people and attacked other hacking groups or people who create viruses.

Village of the Banned

The Legal Eagle

If you're banned from Xbox Live, you've basically kissed a lot of money goodbye. You lose whatever is left of your $60 annual membership, but you also lose your DLC. Not just map-packs and avatar items, but your Arcade games as well. And of course you lose all of the achievement points you've gained over the years, which have no explicit monetary value but represent a tremendous opportunity cost that could be in the hundreds of dollars (if your time is, in fact, valuable). Some of those banned users will post to the forum expressing their extreme displeasure at the loss of what they've paid for, and they go straight to the big guns: threatening legal action against Microsoft... one of the largest corporations in the world. A corporation that is no stranger to legal action. But The Legal Eagle doesn't take that into consideration. The Legal Eagle believes that because he knows a lawyer, and threatens action against Microsoft, the company will simply roll over and refund all money, points, achievements, and maybe even toss in a code for Undertow.
Listen to me when I say this: Microsoft spent the better part of the last decade in a legal battle against the continent of Europe. At the same time they were mired in that international legal dispute, they were fighting a case brought against them by the United States of America. Basically, western civilization itself was battling against Microsoft in the courts for the better part of a decade and Bill Gates is still toweling himself off each night with the silky hides of endangered baby seals. Threatening Microsoft with legal action as a single human being is like trying to attack a hive of Africanized murder bees with a piece of gum you found in a urinal. That's not to say one person couldn't conceivably rout Microsoft in a legal dispute; after all it was a single, well-placed torpedo that brought down the entire Death Star. But the difference is the Death Star was fiction and Luke wasn't demonstrably guilty of severe violations of XBL's terms of service.

I dont know why, but the bold part made me lol.

So I have to start yelling and acting like an asshole in order to get you to help around the house. And then you try and make feel guilty for making you feel bad?
Hell, as long as the dishes get done and I'm not the only person doing them.

OTT, need some TV help. Our TV in the family room just broke. It was a 37" LCD 720P. My mom uses it all the time so waiting for a sale or for an online purchase to be delivered isn't an option, she wants to go buy one tomorrow or maybe even tonight since she doesn't work over the summer (she works at a school).

So, she wants to move up to a 40+ inch (I'm pushing for upper forties, it's a big room) and she wants 1080p, but since we don't have HD cable we would only get that benefit if we are watching DVDs or HD Netflix so I mean I guess 1080 isn't an absolute must. She will be fine with a standard LCD, no plasma or LED or that shit is necessary.

What's the best thing to buy that fits these criteria in a B&M store? We have Target, BB, H.H. Gregg, Walmart (obviously) down here. No Fry's.

Edit: Maybe from this category: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...id&list=y&iht=n&st=processingtime:>1900-01-01

Edit 2: Apparently my mother is more impatient than I thought, lol, I'm going to pick this up now I guess. http://www.target.com/Samsung-Class...olution-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocko']OTT, need some TV help. Our TV in the family room just broke. It was a 37" LCD 720P. My mom uses it all the time so waiting for a sale or for an online purchase to be delivered isn't an option, she wants to go buy one tomorrow or maybe even tonight since she doesn't work over the summer (she works at a school).

So, she wants to move up to a 40+ inch (I'm pushing for upper forties, it's a big room) and she wants 1080p, but since we don't have HD cable we would only get that benefit if we are watching DVDs or HD Netflix so I mean I guess 1080 isn't an absolute must. She will be fine with a standard LCD, no plasma or LED or that shit is necessary.

What's the best thing to buy that fits these criteria in a B&M store? We have Target, BB, H.H. Gregg, Walmart (obviously) down here. No Fry's.

Edit: Maybe from this category: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...id&list=y&iht=n&st=processingtime:>1900-01-01

Edit 2: Apparently my mother is more impatient than I thought, lol, I'm going to pick this up now I guess. http://www.target.com/Samsung-Class...olution-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1[/QUOTE]

I have the same Samsung I believe Rocko, and I love it.

Figures I jump in the shower and get ready to play some DNF, not five minutes later I get called down to work in the pool. I have such great timing.

I play COD every other day too. Just not 4. I've got copies of mw2 and blops though. Xbl: sweetberrywinee
----
Counting the days till I move in to my apartment. It was originally supposed to be me and a buddy, which turned into me, my buddy, his bitchy girlfriend (I haven't seen that side of her yet, but everyone says it's coming ^__^), and their two dogs. One is a calm mid sized mutt dog and the other is a deaf, malnourished bull terrier they found on the side of the road. I had to tell him I wasn't going to be putting money in a box to get groceries for all of us, not taking care of the dogs (I love pets but I hate fur everywhere) and my entertainment stuff is all on a borrow basis, and he seemed kinda surprised, but yeah.. I'd love my own place, but of course can't afford it. Really hoping I get in with this county clerk job though. That'd probably push me into my own place in a few months.

She has a nice body. Her attitude toward everything is a turn off though. Not like that matters. :Lol:

They seem to argue quite a bit though. I'm sure that'll get old quick. I've heard stories of huge fights from a buddy that lived with em up in San Marcos, but my buddy says they've calmed down quite a bit and they're pretty civil.

Will you be able to just pack up and leave once they stop giving a fuck and you realize it sucks to live there? Or is your name going to be all over the lease and bills?

Naw, I can leave whenever. I told him if shit got too crazy or there was a situation that just wasnt working that I'd bounce at the end of that month, or give em some type of notice. His gf is living there for free, and my buddy says she'll be pulling alot more weight around than us as far as cleaning and stuff to make up for it, but I doubt it. He seemed to understand, since the conditions are nowhere near the same as when first discussed, but I know he'd be pretty upset over it.

One thing I know will suck is having to keep quiet at night, since they both sleep pretty early and that was a big issue with the buddy they lived with up north. I'm always up at night. :/

Get some of those surround sound headphones dawg! I was hoping the ones in amazon's goldbox were going to be the new 7.1 wireless PS3 headphones, then I remembered they haven't been released yet.

Well good luck dude. I had a friend do what you're doing a while back. Two months into it it was just my friend and the ex chick living together.

Yeah, I guess that's something I should look into. I've used some really best turtlebeach sets at the LAN center that closed down..... Maybe I should ask the dude which model they were and hope I can get em cheap.

EDIT: yeah, my buddy that lived with them signed a year lease with them and from what I understand the g/f did nothing but bitch, and it ended pretty badly with my buddy and his gf leaving my other friend out in the cold to pay the lease, but luckily I can just jump out as quickly as I need to. I honestly just need a break from the depressed drug addict I live with as it's the most draining thing physically and emotionally and I really just need a break. It's selfish, considering the person is my mother, but after Jess, and the shenanigans my mom keeps pulling, I reaaaaalllyyyyy need to gtfo. Thx though.

I've got a pair of the DPX21's (the PS3 focused Turtle Beach ones) and they're pretty good. I don't use them often because I don't need to but they sound damn nice during BFBC2. Can be had for not a ridiculous price as well.

I got them to agree not to smoke jays and blunts inside the apt too, so that's a good step in our move-in relationship. He doesnt care about the stench, since he works from home and stays home all day long but that stank lingers and penetrates your clothing pretty badly.

Last week one of my patients came in with her son, who was 6-7 years old. He was playing a handheld, and I'm not sure which since I didn't really look at him, but i think it was a DSLite since it was white. I asked what he was playing (the sound was off), expecting to hear something like "Mario Kart" or "Pokemon" or some shit. His response "Modern Warfare 2". He then turns to his mom and asks her to beat the boss for him, because "this boss is really hard". She takes the DS, the sound goes on to violent screams and gunfire and is like "yeah, this one is really hard".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back