Weinergate is finally over OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Ned's head is on a stick on a wall. fucking dude deserves better.

Also, this Cranberry Bog wine takes a lot to actually get me drunk, but once it does, wheeeee.

I kind of regret watching Food, Inc. since it just made me sad.

[quote name='Maklershed']Dat Game of Thrones. I can't believe the season is over already. :([/QUOTE]

I just watched the whole season this past week. I need to get the books before next season. It was cool that it felt like there was a bunch of foreshadowing so I hope they can just get even better.

I'm in the middle of Game of Thrones, and the book is incredible. Freaking HUGE though. It's like 1000 pages with size 8 font. Very very descriptive and a ton of symbolism, not sure how the show picked up on it all.

[quote name='Rocko']Got OoT. But I don't want to start it while high. ;-;
[/QUOTE]

I heard today that in the new hitman game you can kill a cop with a bong.

Everyone is waiting for book 5 to see if Martin can save the series.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm in the middle of Game of Thrones, and the book is incredible. Freaking HUGE though. It's like 1000 pages with size 8 font. Very very descriptive and a ton of symbolism, not sure how the show picked up on it all.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I didn't know they were that long. If it's as good as Lord of the Rings I should be able to ready it rather quickly.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']What kind of loser would get the book? It'll ruin the show for you. F that shit mang.[/QUOTE]

Well, if I didn't watch all the show you (and the entire internet) spoiled the fuck out of it already.

Btw, this OTT needs more cowbell.

1280733_o.gif

[quote name='Temporaryscars']And how did I spoil it exactly?[/QUOTE]

You just said this a few posts ago:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I can't believe Ned's head is on a stick on a wall. fucking dude deserves better. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been two days since that episode aired. If you haven't seen it by now, then fuck you! The world isn't going to hold it's tongue just because you're dragging your feet.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm in the middle of Game of Thrones, and the book is incredible. Freaking HUGE though. It's like 1000 pages with size 8 font. Very very descriptive and a ton of symbolism, not sure how the show picked up on it all.[/QUOTE]

Someday I will not just play games and will read a book.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Everyone is waiting for book 5 to see if Martin can save the series.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you talking about? The series is great and gets better and better with each book.

[quote name='flowery']Damn, I didn't know they were that long. If it's as good as Lord of the Rings I should be able to ready it rather quickly.
[/QUOTE]

The books are huge but if you're like me you'll love so much you'll read through them instantly. I read the first two in a week.

I still call it game of saving throws because it seems like it appeals to D&D geeks.

AMIRITE?

Edit: Confession time:

I think, subconsciously, I like to play puzzle games, game show games and JRPGs because I'm hoping it will attract the alternative/hot gamer chics. But it's not working. I'm still single.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']What the fuck are you talking about? The series is great and gets better and better with each book.
[/QUOTE]

The entire narrative drive of the books is the intrigue between the Lanisters, the Starks and house Baratheon. The moment they killed off Robb in book 3, that entire interplay fell apart. Everything from that point on was pre-ordained due to the logics of the power structure. House Lannister had to fall because house Stark did fall. Thus Martin wrote himself into a hole.

His argument for book 4, that he wrote so much stuff that he had to split things up, is poppycock. The fact is, he's written himself into a hole where the entire narrative interplay and suspense of the series is now missing. The reason book four is considered medocre is not because it contained characters that no one wanted to hear about. It was because nothing happens! Why does nothing happen? Because the entire conflict that drove the first three books and made them so interesting no longer exists.

The question in book five is, how can Martin bring that interplay back into the series. I think he's been trying to figure that out. Remember, the books were originally planned for three, and then he expanded it to seven. And while he had a mental construct of how to get from three to seven, I don't think he really thought it out. Thus, when he got the end of book 3 he ended up writing himself into a narrative hole.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
The entire narrative drive of the books is the intrigue between the Lanisters, the Starks and house Baratheon. The moment they killed off Robb in book 3, that entire interplay fell apart. Everything from that point on was pre-ordained due to the logics of the power structure. House Lannister had to fall because house Stark did fall. Thus Martin wrote himself into a hole.

His argument for book 4, that he wrote so much stuff that he had to split things up, is poppycock. The fact is, he's written himself into a hole where the entire narrative interplay and suspense of the series is now missing. The reason book four is considered medocre is not because it contained characters that no one wanted to hear about. It was because nothing happens! Why does nothing happen? Because the entire conflict that drove the first three books and made them so interesting no longer exists.

The question in book five is, how can Martin bring that interplay back into the series. I think he's been trying to figure that out. Remember, the books were originally planned for three, and then he expanded it to seven. And while he had a mental construct of how to get from three to seven, I don't think he really thought it out. Thus, when he got the end of book 3 he ended up writing himself into a narrative hole.
[/QUOTE]

Well yeah I guess if all you cared about was the struggle between Lannisters and Starks the progression of the books would be a let down to you but I for one never focused to much on that conflict. I think that was more or less just to show how ruthless and powerful the Lannisters are and how easily they can defeat their equals and rival major houses. There's so much more to the book then just Lannisters vs Starks though .. much more interesting stuff in my opinion. The contest between the Baratheons, Dany's story, Arya's story, the siege of the wall, the return of magic to the kingdom, the rise of the Martell's, etc. To each their own but I personally think all of the books have been great so far and I think its just getting better and better. And I don't really care that the last book was split into two .. the people that don't have ereaders can't be carrying around a 2,000 page door stop.

Anybody want to trade something for Bulletstorm? Its a great game.

EDIT: Damn looks like I missed out on that deal to get the 3 month xbla card and 800 points for $14.99 :cry:

Heard it looks exactly the same as the iPhone 4. Only difference is the internal stuff like using an A5 processor (same one found in iPad 2) and an 8 megapixel camera.

[quote name='Maklershed']Are you referring to
the dialogue after the credits
?[/QUOTE]

Everything,
the post credits shit, NOT killing Sarrano, Trishka and Gray just flying off. No fucking closure

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, it's been two days since that episode aired. If you haven't seen it by now, then fuck you! The world isn't going to hold it's tongue just because you're dragging your feet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Besides, you knew he got the chop 9 days ago. Is it really a spoiler to say they put it on a pike? Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

Some people don't watch shows exactly when they air. I waited until the last week to start watching on this show. I already had it spoiled before you mentioned it so I was just giving you a hard time. It is nearly impossible to avoid spoilers these days anyways.

[quote name='Chika']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...suicide-using-genetically-modified-crops.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making me sadder. All of that shit gets under my skin.

[quote name='Maklershed']The books are huge but if you're like me you'll love so much you'll read through them instantly. I read the first two in a week.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I haven't had anything that solid to read in awhile.

Also, it's unreal. For a small town, the sirens go off an awful lot. The latest casualty? An RV catches on fire a little more than 10 feet from my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Temporaryscars']Also, Sons of Anarchy is great.[/QUOTE]

I finally started watching this show last week and I can't stop at all. I blew through the first season and now I'm halfway through season two. It's such an awesome show. I love whenever Jax snaps on someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back