Welcome to the new CAG servers...Please read and post problems here

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
We are now up on our new servers, however, only two of the three are currently operational. By Monday, we should be at full capacity and have our normal URL.
There will probably be some intermittent downtime while we make adjustments to server configurations. Please help us by posting any problems you may have.
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.

A HUGE thanks to John and Mike who have been busting their asses to get CAG online as fast as possible.

Note: This is not the launch of CAG 2.0. This is only a move to the servers we will be using for CAG 2.0.

Outstanding Problems:
  • Any information on your profile in the "Additional Information" section will need to be re-entered manually. This includes xbl gamertags, ps3 id names, wii/ds codes, location, and more.
  • Some users are reoprting their are unable ot edit the content of their threads or the thread titles. A very small number of first posts inside threads appear to have disappeared. We will hopefully have a solution soon.
  • CAG-O-Matic not running.
Some other problems may show up...please let me know about anything not working quite right.

can someone tell me how to stop the thing from telling me have a new pm message, when I don't have one Edit: NVM, I fixed it, I deleted one of my sent messages and it fixed it

You know the real reason it was down was Super Smash Brothers Brawl came out and the Internet could not handle Brawl and being cheap at the same time.

Even though I only come on here once a day, it felt like something was missing when the forums were gone.

Nice to see the site back up. And thanks for ordering the new servers Cheapy, I imagine it wasn't cheap.

Ah, it's great to be back. I don't know about you, but I was going crazy, lol. Good thing there was a CAGcast to hold me over for the last few hours.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but cheapassgamer.com (no www. ) doesn't lead to the main page. It has a fancy CAG logo though (CAG 2.0, or the down server?). I couldn't figure out why I could go to CAG on one computer but not the other. Just the simple www. was the difference.

Can you get some backup servers this time cheapy? Running a popular site like this without any backup on standby sounds risky to me.

[quote name='laaj']Can you get some backup servers this time cheapy? Running a popular site like this without any backup on standby sounds risky to me.[/quote]

He did. From what I understand CAG was basically running one one box before but now we have three.

[quote name='cochesecochese']He did. From what I understand CAG was basically running one one box before but now we have three.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? I had the feeling from last podcast that each section of the site (boards, front page news, blogs, etc) will get its own servers. In that case there aren't any backups.

[quote name='laaj']Can you get some backup servers this time cheapy? Running a popular site like this without any backup on standby sounds risky to me.[/quote]

Everything's under control...;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm now just wondering what 2.0 will be like. Let's pray not like Vista.[/quote]Did you listen to the latest CAGcast? I talk about it pretty early in the show.

[quote name='CheapyD']Did you listen to the latest CAGcast? I talk about it pretty early in the show.[/QUOTE]

Like I said a while ago, I have lately cared less to listen to the CAGcast (again, emphasizing that nothing is wrong with it), but I'll make it a point now to listen in. Shows how ill informed I keep myself >_<

thx for the heads up cheapy.

I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere, but I got this error trying to go the the arcade.

Code:
[COLOR=red][B]The administrator has disabled viewing of the arcade for your member group. If you feel this is a mistake please PM an administrator and let them know.[/B][/COLOR]

Glad to see CAG is back up. I've been fiending for some cheap deals lately and I think the lack of CAG has made me insane. Well, at least moreso than usual, I think.

[quote name='mguiddy']I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere, but I got this error trying to go the the arcade.

Code:
[COLOR=red][B]The administrator has disabled viewing of the arcade for your member group. If you feel this is a mistake please PM an administrator and let them know.[/B][/COLOR]
[/quote]

Fixed.

bread's done
Back