West Side Story Special Edition at Target for $7.50 ??

sman113

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The $7.50 price has been posted under the ad, but i dont know if anyone noticed that the West Side Story pictured in the ad is the Special Edition, 2-disc set that comes with a 'scrapbook' or something. I went to target today to get it, but the one that is actually on sale is the regular single-disc edition despite the picture in the ad being the special edition. My Target didnt have any of the SE in stock, so i didnt bother complaining.

I would think this is definitely a YMMV.

However, my Best Buy had it in stock, so i bought it at the normal price of almost $30 and will be going back in a couple days w/ the Target ad for a price match.

P.S. I bought full price from BB first instead of them just price matching b/c if the price match right out of an ad they have to call to confirm it is in stock. But if i've already bought it, they never call they just match it.

yeah my Target didn't have the special edition either. I was going to try and point it out to them but didn't even bother.

[quote name='tenzor']yeah my Target didn't have the special edition either. I was going to try and point it out to them but didn't even bother.[/quote]
which target did u go to?

Has anyone tried to Price Match Guarantee this at CC. Because you know that they will PM and give 10% of the difference off the sales price. If I have found on the CC site where this is $22.99-$7.50=$15.49 you would get an extra $1.54 off the price which would mean that the grand total after discount would be $5.96 before tax.

That is if you can catch a store where a lot of people haven't tried this already.

http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?v_id=V++++53850&prodid=MGMV1004353DVD

I think I will try to do this when I get off of work early today. I will post my findings at the CC on Ford Rd. in Dearborn, MI.

This deal will probably will work at CC because all you have to do to qualify for the PM Guarantee is have the product In-Stock at a store that is within 50 miles of the CC you are dealing with. The wonderful thing about the CC located at where I mentioned above is that PMing Target is easy because there is like 30 within a 50 mile radius of this store.

Everytime Target has done this they haven't honored the Special Editions. Some others they did like this was Good, Bad, and Ugly SE. You can always PM it at BB, CC, or Walmart.

Awesome. So that's in this week's ad?

I picked up Good, Bad, Ugly SE for this same price ($7.50) on a PM at CC when they did that misprint several months ago.

the PM worked at BB in NJ - my total was $6 including tax

all the CC's local to me discontinued carrying the SE, and according to the CSR, they arent expected to get anymore in

thx OP :D

wubb: here's the link to the circular page

Cheap ass link

Damn!! I thought I would be able to do it at CC but I went this evening and they only had the single disc edition. I didn't really want the movie but for $6 bucks I can't pass that up. I will have to go up to BB when I get paid later on this week and PM it there.

Did the PM at BB today. Thanks for highlighting this sman, or I probably wouldn't have discovered this price mistake.

Since it was at BB I didn't get an extra 10%, but $7.50 each for 2 is a great deal. One for my gf and one for my sister's birthday. Sweet.

Ad price mistakes are some of my favorite deals :lol:

bread's done
Back