WET - Gen. Discussion & Info - Demo Now Available

OF COURSE they put a demo out on a day where i'm stuck at work til 6.. of course.

hopefully it's a mix of max payne and stranglehold.. been waiting on this game since the first teaser was released.

Goddamn stupid ass CAG and the "No Suitable Nodes" shit.

In anycase, I liked the demo alot. Basically it does play similar to Max Payne/Stranglehold, but it's just ALOT more stylish. That and the presentation adds alot to the game (with the screen filters, the dialouge and especially the music). Plus most bad ass looking health restoration animation? I'd say so. I'll wait until reviews, but it's definitely on the radar now.

I Kinda want to say it achieves what Bayonetta is going for without going anywhere as over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played it, and while it did feel a bit over the top (especially the health restore animation), it was pretty fun. Plus I thought the soundtrack kicked ass.

Game is way too over the top. Feels super mediocre, too.

Maybe some day down the road when there are no other releases I'll play through it. There's too much other shit coming out right now.

Why is it that I can shoot both guns really fast when I'm jumping/sliding/wallrunning, but if I'm standing still or running, I shoot one gun super slow? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

[quote name='Scorch']OF COURSE they put a demo out on a day where i'm stuck at work til 6.. of course.

hopefully it's a mix of max payne and stranglehold.. been waiting on this game since the first teaser was released.[/QUOTE]
While it is a mix of those two games, the gameplay is much weaker with less variety in attack options and imprecise controls. It has the over-the-top tone down well, but doesn't really make it that easy to pull off the cool moves so I can feel like a badass that Stranglehold did well.

I like the game however as many say it owes alot of stranglehold and max payne. But it does go Over the Top Quentin Tarentino style over controls...guess that is why there is no reload just fire until everything is dead...have a feeling this is heading to the bargain bin only because so much other stuff is coming out...

Stranglehold with more style.. exactly how I was hoping it would be. It was very "meh" until the overkill mode.. that brought a smile to my face.. and the QTE chase was awesome. Definitely a rental, will buy when I can find it under $20.

Agh! Dumb demo's that are only available for gold... I'm not really into this game after seeing Bethesda's aggressive marketing campaign. Mainly posing as "forumers" or posters (on almost ALL blogs) and spamming that the game is, "SO FRIGGEN SWEET! AND THE CHICK IS HOT!" That shit annoys me...

I'll definitely give it a try though.

I thought it was fun. But I think what people are getting at is it's not worthy (so it seems) of a day 1 purchase, and I agree with them on that part of it. The soundtrack on the other hand, if that gets made publicly available...

[quote name='JStryke']I thought it was fun. But I think what people are getting at is it's not worthy (so it seems) of a day 1 purchase, and I agree with them on that part of it. The soundtrack on the other hand, if that gets made publicly available...[/QUOTE]
Man, as soon as the soundtrack kicked in during the part where you had to close the doors I immediately hoped for a release. If it's a preorder bonus, then they might have a lure for me to get this first day.

[quote name='Trakan']Game is way too over the top. Feels super mediocre, too.

Maybe some day down the road when there are no other releases I'll play through it. There's too much other shit coming out right now.

Why is it that I can shoot both guns really fast when I'm jumping/sliding/wallrunning, but if I'm standing still or running, I shoot one gun super slow? Doesn't make a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

Yep way to mediocre. I might get it when its cheap or just rent it.

Good stuff- I like this demo- might trade in some games I haven't played in a bit- Really cool concept and the chase scene was one of the coolest things I've seen in a game- hoping there are more of those in the full game!

[quote name='bardockkun']Man, as soon as the soundtrack kicked in during the part where you had to close the doors I immediately hoped for a release. If it's a preorder bonus, then they might have a lure for me to get this first day.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that if you order from Amazon, you get some free soundtrack downloads.

[quote name='bardockkun']Man, as soon as the soundtrack kicked in during the part where you had to close the doors I immediately hoped for a release. If it's a preorder bonus, then they might have a lure for me to get this first day.[/QUOTE]

The name of the song is "Insane" by The Arkhams.

www.myspace.com/thearkhams

uhh... err... :cough: Stranglehold w/ chick instead :cough:

Also, looks like another drunk arse created Tarantino movie. :puts on flame suit:

PASS.

I compared it to Stranglehold too. I was thinking of passing as well until I made it to the second and third sections. And the music makes it so much more awesome. Now I really want this game D:

Eh... the game is pretty dull. I did love the fighting on the freeway moment. But the rest is pretty "done before" and it isnt really that polished or graphically appealing to make it stand out.

this is the kind of game i'd rather watch someone else play rather than play it myself. the whole style of it was awesome, but i couldn't stand the controls

I was so going to get this on Amazon after playing the demo but Scribblenauts also comes out next week. The $15 gift card for Scribblenauts at TRU is a better deal than the $10 off and 5 songs for Wet on Amazon. It's not so often that I would decide to buy a game on release day solely on playing the pre-release demo. If Scribblenauts didn't go on sale next week I would've invested in this.

That segment of the demo where blood splatters on the her face and everything turns red and white.... eyegasm.

As others, I compared it to Stranglehold as well. It wasn't so bad, though it didn't really entice me as much as the Lost Planet 2 demo. I doubt I'll be getting WET though, lol.

Seems like a dumbed down version of strangle hold to me. I played the demo, and the music just sounded like a massive train wreck. I was gonna rent this, but now I don't even think its worth thinking about.

I thought linear, one way, crap games were been there done that. This game isnt worth the 50 bucks, or the 10 min it took to dl the demo. It's major malfunction is that it is trying to spice up a dead style. PROS: cool sword moves, CONS: pretty much everything else, and if your prone to epileptic seizures, please don't play this game, i felt like my head was gonna splode when i was at that red scene. (in demo)

From what I've gathered after playing the demo I'll gladly wait until it hits the bargain bin. It's irritatingly stylized almost to the point of slight nausea with mediocre game play so I would have preferred it had been an upcoming Tarantino flick instead of a video game. I could definitely see myself getting tired of it real quick but the car scene was hilariously enjoyable. Enough that I'll pick up just not on release unless a TRU gift card deal pops up. Even then I'm not sure I could justify dropping $40 on it.

Just played the demo. Thought it was pretty fun, but I'll probably wait until I can pick it up for $20 or less. Definitely on my list though, just not at the current price.

This game is awesome. Easily better than Stranglehold, and probably Max PAyne 3 as well. You are doing yourself a disservice to skip this. Very fun title.

The game is better than the reviews give it. I started playing this the other day. I love the Kill Bill style of just pure violence with the old school film tint to it. The only drawbacks for me are dealing with the controls and dumbness of the AI. The controls can be clunky at time, especially dealing with LB button. I wish they would have just gone with a similar control style as Assassin's Creed. The aiming fairly poor. Besides that, it is a real fun rental.

So I downloaded the demo to try out because every game deserves a test drive. Funny thing is I didn't even get through the entire demo. Around 5 min. into the demo I got the "Disc is too dirty Error" and had to exit the demo. I had to laugh because I don't know how this error could pop up without physical media.

I got this game recently, and currently Im loving it, there are no dull moments I think its really action packed and kept me hooked, reminds me of a movie and brings back memorys of one of my favorite games of all time, which theyre apparently making a third of, Max Payne!

[quote name='ivanctorres']The game reminds me so much of Kill Bill![/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking, after just playing the demo.

Just beat this game over two days. It's really short. Not sure if that's cause your having such a good time and the AWESOME soundtrack or what. But it was worth it, I'm thinking of buying it when it drops to the $20 price range.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Just beat this game over two days. It's really short. Not sure if that's cause your having such a good time and the AWESOME soundtrack or what. But it was worth it, I'm thinking of buying it when it drops to the $20 price range.[/QUOTE]

The music is worth playing the game alone, but all in all it was completely unashamed of what it was and didn't really try to be anything more, and that made it a really fun little game for the most part. Not without faults, but it did what it wanted to do and didn't overstay it's welcome. (Which I think is a big factor working in favor of the game.)

bread's done
Back