What albums are you looking forward to in 09?

xeno

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Post the albums you're looking forward to in 09. Im looking forward to the following albums:

Skold vs KMFDM
KMFDM- Blitz
Orphaned land- The Never Ending Way of ORWarriOr
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Combichrist Today We Are All Demons
Reel Big Fish Fame, Fortune and Fornication
Franz Ferdinand Tonight: Franz Ferdinand
... And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead-The Century of Self
U2 - No Line On The Horizon
MSTRKRFT Fist Of God
MAstadon- crack the sky
Black eyed peas- The E.N.D
Lacuna coil-Shallow Life
DethStars-Night Electric Night
Gaint Squid-The Ichthyologist
Untitled Yeah Yeah Yeah's album

[quote name='xeno']Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Franz Ferdinand - Tonight: Franz Ferdinand
... And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead-The Century of Self
MSTRKRFT - Fist Of God
Mastodon - Crack the Sky
Untitled Yeah Yeah Yeah's album[/QUOTE]

Those and these, off the top:

Andrew Bird - Noble Beast
Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
Untitled Weathermen album
AC Newman - Get Guilty
Mos Def - The Ecstatic
Dan Auerbach - Keep It Hid

And these that might come out:
Untitled album from the Roots
Talib Kweli - Prisoner of Consciousness
Untitled album from Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek

Queens of the Stone Age - TBA
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
Kate Havnevik - TBA

fuck, I forgot that QotSA's working on a new one...same with SSPU. And like bs said, I read that Ben Gibbard said a new Postal Service album is really unlikely.

Oh, new Arctic Monkeys, too.

On November 7, 2008, Matt Helders claimed that the recording for the album could be completed by December, and that the band are soon going to a UK-based studio to finish the album.

And new Desert Sessions, too, methinks.

dead prez: Information Age

Oh, and any of the combination of the Big Boi/3000/Outkast albums that are supposed to come out.

I didn't even realize Queens were working on another album. Good news.

Mono's got one coming out in April and Mr. Lif has one dropping, too. Silversun Pickups - Swoon, already preordered Giant Squid's next, and I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting. This year is looking good already.

EDIT: Circle Takes The Square and 65daysofstatic, too.

Queens of the Stone Age - TBA
Silversun Pickups - Swoon (early 09)
Giant Squid - The Ichthyologist (Feb 3)
Circle Takes The Square - TBA
65daysofstatic - Escape From New York[/i] (Ap 20)
Pure Reason Revolution - Amor Vicit Omnia (Mar 9)
All Leather - Hung Like A Horse EP (09)
Mono - Hymn To The Immortal Wind (Mar 24)
Mr. Lif - I Heard It Today! (Ap 14)
MSTRKRFT - Fist of God (Mar 17)
Dan Deacon - Broomst (Mar 24)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz (Ap 14)
Metric - Fantasies (Ap 14)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bioshocked360']A new Postal Service album would be fantastic, but I don't think it'll happen.[/quote]

Gibbard doesn't really have the desire to do it.

[quote name='rabbitt']I didn't even realize Queens were working on another album. Good news.

Mono's got one coming out in April and Mr. Lif has one dropping, too. Silversun Pickups - Swoon, already preordered Giant Squid's next, and I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting. This year is looking good already.[/quote]

Mono that released the album Formica Blues?

Well looking at my signature...That's one. Other then that...

KMFDM: Blitz (hooray! More Ultra Heavy Beats!)
Between the Buried and Me (untitled)

new Melt Banana album, maybe? It has been a while since the last one. A new Dan Deacon album would be great too. And how about a new Lightning Bolt album.

I dunno if any of this is coming out, I usually find out after the fact from friends/random times I end up on music sites.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the KMFDM/Skold collaboration...neither of them have done anything worth praising in years, but they almost always get my money out of some perverse sense of loyalty.

Also:
Morrissey - Years of Refusal
Soman - Sound Pressure 2.0
Front 242 - Moments Live
Combichrist - We Are All Demons

new AFI (March/April?)
new Antony and the Johnsons (1/20)
new Bird and the Bee (1/27)
new Lily Allen (2/10)
new Kate Nash
new Brand New
new Cursive
new Marilyn Manson
new VNV Nation
new Decemberists (3/24)
new Tori Amos (June?)
new Depeche Mode (April?)

[quote name='DestroVega']Gibbard doesn't really have the desire to do it.[/quote]

Especially since he's got a wedding to plan.

[quote name='rabbitt']Mono's got one coming out in April[/QUOTE]Is that the one you told me Shellac was working on with them?

[quote name='Liquid 2']Is that the one you told me Shellac was working on with them?[/QUOTE]

whoa if true.

Shellac collaboration or Albini produced...either way, day 1.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm cautiously optimistic about the KMFDM/Skold collaboration...neither of them have done anything worth praising in years, but they almost always get my money out of some perverse sense of loyalty.[/quote]
They got Lucia. That's enough for me...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album for sure.
I liked the Spinerette EP and can't wait for the full album.
I heard there's a new No Doubt album, bout time Gwen put that solo shit on hold.
There might be a new Tool album in 09 based on semi-credible rumors, at the least maybe the constantly delayed live DVD.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Danger doom 2
Next Talib kweli
Next reflection eternal
Doom/ ghostface
Next daft punk[/quote]

fuck you, are these really coming out?

Doom and Ghostface? :drool:

I'm not sure whats coming out, but from what I read in this thread, a new U2 album and a new Black Eyed Peas album would be Day 1's.

I'd also enjoy some new material from Gnarls Barkley, Jack Johnson, Corinne Bailey Rae, Arcade Fire, Jet, Billy Talent, Evanescence and a whole whack of more stuff.

A DOOM and Ghostface track, "Angeles," leaked in 2007, I think, and it was pretty damn good...but that's it so far, unfortunately.

All the new KMFDM stuff, Combichrist Today We Are All Demons... hopefully something new from Mindless Self Indulgence, even if its just another single.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well looking at my signature...That's one. Other then that...

KMFDM: Blitz (hooray! More Ultra Heavy Beats!)
Between the Buried and Me (untitled)[/quote]

You never let me down. I was afraid no one would mention BTBAM.
other than that, Killswitch, and Megadeth, there's nothing else I'm overly excited for.
but I'm hoping and praying for a new Black Dahlia Murder.

[quote name='epyon399']You never let me down. I was afraid no one would mention BTBAM.
other than that, Killswitch, and Megadeth, there's nothing else I'm overly excited for.
but I'm hoping and praying for a new Black Dahlia Murder.[/quote]
I Know Black Dahlia DVD is due out in March.

Also new Slayer and Dimmu Borgir may catch my attention as well this year.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']A DOOM and Ghostface track, "Angeles," leaked in 2007, I think, and it was pretty damn good...but that's it so far, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Every ghostface interview he says its 75-90% done

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Alice in Chains - TBA
Down - IV
Heaven and Hell - TBA
Megadeth - TBA
Iron Maiden - TBA[/quote]

DuVall is pretty good. Lachman was okay. I hated Anselmo. He sounds too much like Lemmy. Outside of AIC's signature dual-vocals, is there a reason why Cantrell doesn't just lead it himself? Cantrell sounds almost exactly like Staley.

[quote name='georox']All the new KMFDM stuff, Combichrist Today We Are All Demons... hopefully something new from Mindless Self Indulgence, even if its just another single.[/quote]

The new MSI single for "Evening Wear/Mark David Chapman" comes out on January 20.

[quote name='Chase']DuVall is pretty good.[/quote]

Have you heard Comes with the Fall? I wasn't aware of them until I started hearing his name through AiC news. I checked them out, and was pleasantly surprised. They're a good solid rock band.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Danger doom 2
Doom/ ghostface[/quote]

not coming out... probably ever... if you get any new doom album this year it will be "Born Into This"... and I have my doubts about even seeing that released.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']A DOOM and Ghostface track, "Angeles," leaked in 2007, I think, and it was pretty damn good...but that's it so far, unfortunately.[/quote]

That song is on an album from Nature Sounds. That's the only song they rap on together other than "The Mask" on DangerDoom...

But Doom produced like 9 beats for Ghost on his last three albums.

By produced I mean Doom let him rap over 9 of his beats that were already released in some form, some already had been used by other people, some were just on the Special Herbs albums, and I think 1 or 2 were brand new beats.

[quote name='Chase']DuVall is pretty good. Lachman was okay. I hated Anselmo. He sounds too much like Lemmy. Outside of AIC's signature dual-vocals, is there a reason why Cantrell doesn't just lead it himself? Cantrell sounds almost exactly like Staley.[/quote]

I personally think they should change the name of the band; I haven't heard the new singer though and it could be an AC/DC situation where the new singer was unique enough to stand on his own.

bread's done
Back