What are some good pick-up and play PS3 games?

Vhehs2

Banned
There are a couple that I've thought of already (mostly any online FPS, SFIV, Tekken, LittleBigPlanet), but I'm looking for more.

Infamous - You can spend 15 minutes or 3 hours. It's great.
LittleBigPlanet - Very good for short gaming sessions.
Motorstorm - Races go quick.
Hot Shots Golf - Once you get the hang of it, 9-18 holes is very easy to pick up and play.

Burnout Paradise is a good pick up and play title. You could just drive around the city for fun, and select any "mission" you want. Everyone should own that game I feel, it's cheap enough.

Castle Crashers is pretty fun to play especially with randoms lvling my industrialist 30 min a day playing with randoms helping them beat the game usually on a daily basis.

Thanks for the suggestions. They're all great so far.

[quote name='jousley']Heavenly Sword[/QUOTE]

I remember playing this one time at a store kiosk. It was fun, but is it good for playing on random occasions?

I only played a little, but it seemed like the kind of game that would be hard to get back into after 2 or 3 months of not playing.

I beat Heavenly Sword in a few days and I traded it in. I really enjoyed it, and think it's a bit underrated, but I'm not sure if it has a lot of replay value. With that said, i did recently re-buy it because there are some missions using the SIXAXIS that I'd like to play again.

I would suggest Unreal Tournament 3 ^.^ it still has online, and matches can go by pretty fast(given you avoid ctf, or warfare)

as an added bonus there is tons of free dlc/mods

[quote name='Serpentor']Uncharted 1 and 2, All of the GoW games :)[/QUOTE]

Do the GoW games implement a chapter system? I find action/adventure games hard to get into after a long break unless they utilize one.

After Burner on PSN. Very easy to pick up and play, and it has a a lot of cool "EX" options/abilities that you can unlock. I collected all the trophies for it in one sitting. Well worth it.

Bioshock 2 was quite fun, with the exception of it being really short (I beat the game, in two days, though to be fair, I put it on easy just to get a feel of everything before I thought about even getting into it.)

not sure if some of these are jokes or not...

Anyway- My definition of "pick-up and play" are that I don't have to do anything but pick up my controller. I always find myself playing a handful of PSN titles:
Burnout Paradise
Critter Crunch
Blast Factor
Commando 3
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

I like Burnout Paradise great game to pick up and play. you can spend 5 minutes or 6 hours and have the same amount of fun.

Fat Princess is good in theory but in practice I have to admit that even doing one round can sometimes take 45 minutes. You can jump in and out whenever you want but if you want to play Fatty P you generally want at least one good round and considering how hard it is to find a random half full match you 're looking at more like an hour.

Pixel Junk Eden and Shooter are my pick up and play games for a while. I beat shooter and now when I have a few minutes I'm going thru and 100%'ing each level. When I'm done I still have like 4-5 gardens to do in Eden. Monsters.. well monsters is a fun game but (and maybe I just suck at it) it's hard. The levels are very SET in terms of time obviously but they're also more likely to fail and thus ruin your hour.

Castle Crashers (once you've beaten it once yourself) is a fun PuaP game.

Ratchet and Clank F Tools of Destruction is fun. I tend to play for a few hours at a time but you could probably breeze thru a single level pretty fast. Especially if you're in new+ mode. New+ mode in that game is like pure fun. You're almost Mega Man 2 overpowered.

Resistance 2 Co-Op. I haven't played the campaign (waiting till i get Res1) but the co-op is easy to find players and not overly long and involved.

LittleBigPlanet - the game never really clicked for me personally .. i still need to finish the single player but in theory it's really easy and fun to pick up and play.

bread's done
Back