What are the best multiplayer games FOR TWO PEOPLE IN THE SAME ROOM?

seanw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Went shopping for a new TV, ended up with a PS3. We have a Wii for family gaming; most of my "grown-up" gaming is playing first-person shooters with a friend of mine who doesn't have a PS3. But when I skim reviews, it's hard to separate comments about offline multiplayer from those about online multiplayer. Pretend I can't go online: What multiplayer games do I want?

We prefer good cooperative mission-based, but we like competitive as well. And if there's something besides an FPS that you'd want to recommend, I'd like to hear that too.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are very fun for groups in the same room. Also COD MW2 has a spec-ops mode that is made for co-op and is pretty fun, not sure if it's worth buying just for that but if you like COD it's a must buy.

[quote name='madcyantist']PixelJunk Monsters available on PSN[/QUOTE]

x2.. great game if you like tower defense games

Red Faction's wrecking crew mode is a riot for multiple people in the same room.

It doesn't have any story or overarching gameplay though, but it's a great addition.

Street Fighter 4
Critter Crunch (PSN)
LittleBigPlanet

Use the search function on CAG, I asked the same question earlier this year, and there is a link there to a big list of local multiplayer games,

COD: MW2 Spec Ops mode on Veteran mode is so fun when co-op'ing.

And like the others have said: PixelJunk Monsters, Critter Crunch, and LittleBigPlanet.

Warhawk is fun with two to four players in the room... HOWEVER! You still need to be on the internet, so you can play as a team on against others online. You will appear online as Username 1, Username 2, etc., Resistance 1 has good story based co-op.

There's just so many nowadays. Last night we had 4 players locally doing Virtua Tennis 09 and Madagascar Kart (lame). Sacred 2 has 2p local co-op which is decent as Lord of the Rings Conquest. UP and Monsters vs Aliens have 2p local co-op for less serious games. Resistance 2 has a 2p co-op mode that's not the main story. Of course any rhythm based game ala Rock Band and SingStar or most sports games also qualify.

Plus there's a ton of PSN games that qualify ....

I really like Calling All Cars, it's a blast with four people in the same room.

MaxDense.png

bread's done
Back