What are the RARE XBOX games?

i don't think there are any...is Jet Set Radio Future rare? Fatal frame 1 is also a little difficult to find. those aren't in that high of demand though

LOL @ you thinking JSRF is rare.. it's everywhere here for $5 or less.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, both Fatal Frames (though 2 seems a bit easier to find than the first), MotoGP2 is uncommon, Kakuto Chojin was stopped in production but is easy to find, and The Guy Game is pretty uncommon now.

[quote name='Scorch']LOL @ you thinking JSRF is rare.. it's everywhere here for $5 or less.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, both Fatal Frames (though 2 seems a bit easier to find than the first), MotoGP2 is uncommon, Kakuto Chojin was stopped in production but is easy to find, and The Guy Game is pretty uncommon now.[/QUOTE]

Cheap and rare are two different things...it's all about demand :p
I just said that cause I don't see it around much and heard it had a low production run, despite being packed in with the xbox.

Air Force Delta Storm was rare for like a few months before they rereleased it. Other than that I would say Steel Batallion and Marvel VS Capcom.

No major stores I know of besides EB carry Obscure (PS2 or XB version, but especially the XB)... so that might be rare someday.

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, I could've swore I saw a Marvel vs Capcom at my local EB....oh well. Is Panzer Dragoon rare...I saw that used too.[/QUOTE]

I see Panzer all the time in the used section at EB and Gamecrazy, which is how I got my copy of the game for the ultra-low price of $4 (trading in Legends of Wrestling II and Rogue Ops thanks to TRU's 90% off green tag and GC's extra $10 bonus)... but I guess a sealed copy is pretty rare. Haven't seen that anywhere besides EBay.

[quote name='Apossum']Cheap and rare are two different things...it's all about demand :p
I just said that cause I don't see it around much and heard it had a low production run, despite being packed in with the xbox.[/QUOTE]

How could it have a low production run yet still be in every xbox? I guess the Xbox console is pretty rare too.

Panzer is not rare, JSRF is defiantely not either. It did not have a low production run at all. Obscure has potential.. there's like one copy on EBay that's NTSC.

[quote name='Scorch']JSRF is defiantely not either. It did not have a low production run at all. [/QUOTE]

Jet Set Radio Future initially had a low production run and was getting hard to find. I payed $30 for a copy when I accidently came across it at Meijer. Soon after that, and to every JSRF fan's surprise, Microsoft started the bundle. After that, new JSRF copies were popping up everywhere. Mind you, there is a distinction between the combo disc and the stand alone game. To collectors the stand alone is worth a lot more. (Although in this case, neither are worth much at all.)

I am one of the people that are working on the Future Collector's Guide over at Digital Press, and my section just happens to be US Xbox releases.

JSRF - stand alone or combo is not rare by any means
Panzer Dragoon - not rare, if anything, mildly uncommon, but I've have seen it around a lot
Spikeout: Battlestreet - I heard so many rare / common arguments, I don't know right now...but I do have my copy
Steel Battalion - uncommon to rare
Air Force Delta Storm - uncommon to rare
Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness - uncommon to rare (but I don't have enough info yet)
Sneakers - mildly uncommon
The Guy Game - I believe this was recalled, so possibly
Metal Slug 3 - will be watching these
Capcom games - uncommon to rare (have to watch them)

[quote name='tholly']I am one of the people that are working on the Future Collector's Guide over at Digital Press, and my section just happens to be US Xbox releases.

The Guy Game - I believe this was recalled, so possibly
(have to watch them)[/QUOTE]

Fry's has a pile of these... Also seen them in other stores (Gamestop?) new.

What about Silent Scope Complete? Not as rare or valuable as Marvel vs Capcom 2, but it is uncommon.

[quote name='io']Fry's has a pile of these... Also seen them in other stores (Gamestop?) new.

What about Silent Scope Complete? Not as rare or valuable as Marvel vs Capcom 2, but it is uncommon.[/QUOTE]

yes, but is that your local Fry's or every Fry's....1 store doesn't mean too much in the whole rarity thing...if it was infact recalled, they may have just not sent it back...i don't know enough about the game though

we won't really know how rare anything is for the xbox for a while yet, it is alright to speculate though

silent scope complete may very well end up being rare, im not sure....i don't know everything about every xbox game, but that is one that i will watch out for no and see what kind of trend it takes

I'm working on collecting the entire US Xbox library and I have to say there's really not that many rare games. And the ones that are rare aren't really worth that much.

Here are some of the most uncommon games for Xbox.

F1 2001 - without question the rarest game on Xbox
Black Stone: Magic And Steel
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Frogger Beyond
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Really, the only game that I would ever be surprised to see at a store is F1 2001. I've seen it once within the past year and I always check everytime I go into a store. Every other game can be found pretty easily.

Oh, and The Guy Game was not recalled. That was just a rumor when that lawsuit started.

Beyond Good and Evil seems to be "rare" for Xbox, but I question whether it will be an in-demand game; it was released for all 3 systems, so while the Xbox flavor is rare, the game seems not to be.

Rare or not, I do not plan on ever parting with my Steel Battalion. :)

[quote name='bookishboy']Beyond Good and Evil seems to be "rare" for Xbox, but I question whether it will be an in-demand game; it was released for all 3 systems, so while the Xbox flavor is rare, the game seems not to be.[/QUOTE]

No, its not rare it all.

[quote name='mmn']No, its not rare it all.[/QUOTE]
Really? I never seem to see it anywhere, either on websites or on storeshelves when I'm in-store. Just luck of the draw for me, perhaps.... I'd love to snag a copy, though. Guess I'll keep looking.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']How could it have a low production run yet still be in every xbox? I guess the Xbox console is pretty rare too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i think that because i grew up sniffing glue and eating paint chips. no. it's because of this---

Jet Set Radio Future initially had a low production run and was getting hard to find. I payed $30 for a copy when I accidently came across it at Meijer. Soon after that, and to every JSRF fan's surprise, Microsoft started the bundle. After that, new JSRF copies were popping up everywhere. Mind you, there is a distinction between the combo disc and the stand alone game. To collectors the stand alone is worth a lot more. (Although in this case, neither are worth much at all.)

So, it was almost rare.

[quote name='bookishboy']Beyond Good and Evil seems to be "rare" for Xbox, but I question whether it will be an in-demand game; it was released for all 3 systems, so while the Xbox flavor is rare, the game seems not to be.

Rare or not, I do not plan on ever parting with my Steel Battalion. :)[/QUOTE]

it seems like it's geting there-- they definitely aren't making any more. If they decide to complete the trilogy, it'll shoot up in price. But the only remotely rare version of this game is the gamecube one.

Keep in mind there is a difference between rare and expensive. Some of those games might have a low print, but since there isn't a lot of demand it is very easy to find for a low price.

[quote name='gizmogc']Obscure, Ive never heard of it. Sounds kinda neat for $20 or less. Anyone seen any in stores?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from Gamestop B&M last week. It was the only one they had (one of those open "new" copies). I hate buying open new games but for $19.99 (and the fact it was the only one) I jumped on it.

I think Kakuto Chojin is uncommon because it was recalled (religious controversy) but don't quote me on that.

[quote name='eldad9']RARE xbox games?

Grabbed by the ghoulies, Conker: Live and reloaded, and Kameo: elements of power.[/QUOTE]

I thought Conker hadn't come out yet? Wasn't Kameo postponed?

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Hardest game to find for Xbox?.....Gunvalkyrie.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I've seen 4 used copies of 2 stores the last two days.

Alien vs Predator has been creeping up in value slowly on ebay. Sealed copies go for 40-50. Also sealed copies of Futurama might be climbing. As for future rarities, you gotta wonder about a lot of these low budget, poorly reviewed games, like Judge Dredd vs Death and Memoricks apprentice; games like this are only available thru EB and Gamestop, they never hit the shelves at major retailers like Walmart, Target etc, and they probbly never sell very many. How many copies of these games are going to be floating around in 5 years time?

alien vs predator extinction could have been had at circuit city during their $5 sale a while back....thats how i got my copy

[quote name='dinovelvet']Alien vs Predator has been creeping up in value slowly on ebay. Sealed copies go for 40-50. Also sealed copies of Futurama might be climbing. As for future rarities, you gotta wonder about a lot of these low budget, poorly reviewed games, like Judge Dredd vs Death and Memoricks apprentice; games like this are only available thru EB and Gamestop, they never hit the shelves at major retailers like Walmart, Target etc, and they probbly never sell very many. How many copies of these games are going to be floating around in 5 years time?[/QUOTE]

The AvP price is interesting to note, as I remember purchasing two copies for $5 from the CC sale, then selling them to fellow CAGs for $10 or less.

On another note, I have my third sealed copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Xbox now, and I'm tossing around whether or not I want to sell it.

[quote name='tholly']alien vs predator extinction could have been had at circuit city during their $5 sale a while back....thats how i got my copy[/QUOTE]

yep me too...part of the reason its in demand is every store clearanced it last year, CC had it for $5, and I got another one at Target for 7.48. If you just want it to play, its easy enough to find used ones at EB or the 'bay, but sealed copies are a different story, especially with EBs stupid practice of opening sealed games and keeping the discs in a drawer.

[quote name='tholly']yes, but is that your local Fry's or every Fry's....1 store doesn't mean too much in the whole rarity thing...if it was infact recalled, they may have just not sent it back...i don't know enough about the game though

we won't really know how rare anything is for the xbox for a while yet, it is alright to speculate though

silent scope complete may very well end up being rare, im not sure....i don't know everything about every xbox game, but that is one that i will watch out for no and see what kind of trend it takes[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your sentiment (even if one store has a pile they might still be rare everywhere else) that is not the case for The Guy Game - I have seen it for sale new at several stores in my area - so the one is not a fluke - they just have a bunch of them at Fry's (in OR) so that was my example. But I guarantee you someone will chime into this thread saying Marvel vs Capcom 2 isn't rare because their Walmart has had one forever just sitting there (Oh yeah, when was this - 2 years ago?).

But I would watch Silent Scope Complete as well as some of the ones people mentioned later in the thread - esp. Aliens vs Predator.

As of right now I would say there are none. If you need an xbox game you can find it, unless it's an import in that case you would have to pay extra for it.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']The AvP price is interesting to note, as I remember purchasing two copies for $5 from the CC sale, then selling them to fellow CAGs for $10 or less.

On another note, I have my third sealed copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Xbox now, and I'm tossing around whether or not I want to sell it.[/QUOTE]

I'll fess up to having a little side hobby finding a few hard-to-find games here and there and selling them on ebay (purely to fund my gaming habit - I figure I'm out looking for good deals all the time I might as well use that time and effort to arbitrage the game market a bit). I found 2 copies of Aliens vs Predator at, of all places, Rite Aid for $20 (2 different Rite Aids actually). Because the volume of these sold on ebay is so small the price fluctuates wildly - it is simply not correct (or not as simple) that sealed copies go for $40-$50 as a previous poster (not the one I quoted) said. I sold one for almost $50, then the second one a week later for $22. Both were sealed and in exactly the same condition (a price sticker which I blotted out) and I posted pictures for both. The PS2 version, as with most semi-rare games, goes for more on a consistent basis though.

F1 2001 is pretty hard to find. I've only seen it once used and Am angry that I didn't pick it up.

Next time I see it for 20 or under I am going to be all over it.

[quote name='fashoinfightpause']what about that yager game?[/QUOTE]

At my local Best Buy in Colorado, they have like 10 copies of Yager for only $9.99 along w/ Max Payne 2, Phantasy Star Online, and a few others. It doesn't seem so rare to me.

Picked up Obscure for Gamestop tonight. Seems decent, but the best part is peeking up a blondes skirt to see her white thong ;-)

bread's done
Back