what are your favorite non best seller game franchises??

cthcky33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (94%)
^^^^^

my two favorites are the Shadow Hearts and Fatal Frame games. i am really hoping the just-announced sequels get a US release.

Im talking about game franchises that arent super popular and sell millions of copies.

Shin Megami Tensei. However, I've only played a bit of Nocturne, but it's pretty good. Looking forward to Digital Devil Saga.

Also add in Guilty Gear and Viewtiful Joe (does this count?)

Magic Pengel... even with all the differnet names it keeps getting for its sequels. The game never played that super... but the whole concept was really groundbreaking.

oh... and Incredible Crisis... :)

That's tough. To be a "franchise" I assume a series must have at least two installments. These still sold okay, but they're not triple-A franchises by any stretch.

Super Monkey Ball -- just got Deluxe for Xbox today
Tenchu -- up until the newest one, that is
Z-Axis' extreme games -- this includes the Dave Mirra series, Aggressive Inline (my fave), and yes, even BMX XXX
Dead to Rights -- pt. 2 isn't technically out, but it looks promising.

Fatal Frame, Harvest Moon, Tenchu.

I haven't played through Fatal Frame, but I know i'll be hesitant to open Fatal Frame 2 on XBox. I might try to find another copy used and dirt cheap somewhere, i'd hate to open this one and play it, especially when it's pretty hard to find sealed.

Illusion of Gaia was great as well. Freedom Fighters is a series? They making a sequel? I have FF on PC and XBox, it's freakin' great.

Phantasy Star Online

Mobile Light Force

Shenmue

Frequency/Amplitude

Crazy Taxi (I don't know if they ever sold enough to be considered a hits)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That one game with the dude and the thing...that's my favorite.[/quote]

xbox_The_Thing.jpg

I've been meaning to get around to this one. Have had it for ages.

Deception
Clock Tower
Persona
Jumping Flash
Devil Dice

I could also add Tenchu to the list, but there have been 4 games already and a revision for XBOX, plus some more releases in Japan.

[quote name='Spruce'][quote name='SteveMcQ']That one game with the dude and the thing...that's my favorite.[/quote]

xbox_The_Thing.jpg

I've been meaning to get around to this one. Have had it for ages.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the stuff. Hostess.

bread's done
Back