What boardgame would you want to see on XBLA?

kaypatch

CAG Veteran
Dungeon Twister!! If it ever comes out...

I think Heroscape would be REALLY impressive too. I could totally see that one!

[quote name='uglyteradon']Not really a board game... but I would kill for a Munchkin game on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Well they did Magic, so that shouldn't be too far off.

Also not a boardgame, but The Weakest Link needs to be the next game they put on Xbox Live Primetime. I already got that feeling when trying to get the "everyone in your group of 4 get 3 questions right in a row" achievement while playing with randoms. Some people were so stupid I just wanted to kick them out of my group, haha. I think the game would work well though.

[quote name='Yamato']Was Risk ever a good game? I don't even remember.[/QUOTE]

The board game or the xbla game? The board game is wonderful!

[quote name='Brownjohn']The board game or the xbla game? The board game is wonderful![/QUOTE]

Board game. Is there an XBLA game of this? If not, there should be.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The board game or the xbla game? The board game is wonderful![/QUOTE]

Yeah, when it doesn't take days to play ;)

[quote name='bardockkun']Zombies

They announced this last year and no news since.[/QUOTE]

Because there is no developer now. Twilight Creations pulled the game from Big Rooster. They are looking for someone to do it. I hope they do, because my wife and I love the board/tile game.

[quote name='Yamato']Board game. Is there an XBLA game of this? If not, there should be.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I saw a trailer for Risk just the other day. It's going to be some Cats v. Dogs type of thing but I heard there will be a 'Classic Risk' option.

/edit: Risk Review on Joystiq.

Monopoly is the easy answer. The gimped version they released on disc for the 360 had no online play. If I wanted to play multiplayer Monopoly with people in the same room, I'd play the damn board game. Online Monopoly would rape.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Because there is no developer now. Twilight Creations pulled the game from Big Rooster. They are looking for someone to do it. I hope they do, because my wife and I love the board/tile game.[/QUOTE]
Dammit! I Was so damn excited when it was announced, especially if they had expansions to download (school, sewers, military/super zombies, etc.). The game is so fun, especially when someone is on last heart and near helipad and decide to toss a shit ton of zombies at them. So much cursing amongst friends.

[quote name='Kevlar281']Pretty sure I saw a trailer for Risk just the other day. It's going to be some Cats v. Dogs type of thing but I heard there will be a 'Classic Risk' option.

/edit: Risk Review on Joystiq.[/QUOTE]

Oh interesting, thanks for the research!

[quote name='JJSP']Isn't there already a Monopoly game for 360?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']Monopoly is the easy answer. The gimped version they released on disc for the 360 had no online play. If I wanted to play multiplayer Monopoly with people in the same room, I'd play the damn board game. Online Monopoly would rape.[/QUOTE]

;)

[quote name='lolwut?']Candyland. I haven't played that game in forever, lol[/QUOTE]

Seconded. They could do the original board game and add a few little quirky tweaks. They could pump in out in a month no problem.

[quote name='Ruined']Life
Axis & Allies
Acquire
Hotel[/QUOTE]

I was going to say LIFE as well, but it just seems like it would be too messy for a video game. All of the life tiles, choosing salary, house, career, etc..buying insurance..career perks..idk, not something I would want to play over the actual board game.

[quote name='Matt Young']I've never heard of 85% of these games.[/QUOTE]

Let me break it down for you: The ones I suggested are fucking awesome.

I don't know about some of these other ones.

I'd like them to go back and redo the crap versions they've done of every board game so far. Monopoly and all the family game night games blow.

[quote name='matters38']Hive would be amazing[/QUOTE]

It'd be super simple to program, too. Unfortunately, most of the board/card games they've tried on XBL that are 2 player only are impossible to find matches after a while. The 4 player games are usually more of a draw.

munchkin for sure, I would play that game soooooooo much since our group of friends no longer meets up for games :(

Not a board game, but why the hell isn't oregon trail on XBL Arcade? That was a fun game back in the day, and would be nice to have an update.

Fireball Island! They could do a lot of neat stuff with computer graphics, and a pretty good re-creation of the marble physics given modern computing power, although I am not sure that it would ever replace the actual feeling of fireballing someone.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Fireball Island! They could do a lot of neat stuff with computer graphics, and a pretty good re-creation of the marble physics given modern computing power, although I am not sure that it would ever replace the actual feeling of fireballing someone.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

LMFAO. I remember that and so does James Rofle.....

NSFW - http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=4219

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back