What brought you to Cheapassgamer.com?

I was searching for any information on when the next big GS/EB sale would be. I also was looking to sell an import and figured this would be the only place to.

The internet. Also, my cable company gets some credit for connecting me to the internet to begin with, but the internet is essentially what brings me here.

It was back in 2004, I was about to purchase a PS2 game online because I couldn't find it in the store. Did a search on Google for "cheap games" and here I was. I lurked for a bit and then noticed that everyone was cool and not ignorant like they were in so many other places so I decided to join and I've been here ever since.

Friend of mine (MonstaMack) told me about it, joined after trolling a bit. Used to post the Target sales a couple days in advance back in 2003, back before others were able to get them weeks in advance. It is nice though to see how far the community here has grown in the last 4 years.

I think I found CAG off thefrugalgamer .com I think I found that site a while back while searching for video game deals. Frugal Gamer was terrible, I think they just posted the sunday ads when they came out or something. I think when the site was dying they mentioned a link to CAG.

I used to basically run the .01 Strategy Guide thread over on VGTalk.com back when it was still going strong. Someone linked me to this site, and VGTalk.com went down for a long period of time, and I just drifted over here as a consequence. I've scored a ton of great deals thanks to this site, so I'm glad to have found it. :D

I got the link from the forums of atariage, I think. Anyway, I visited the site for about 4 months before I officially joined in April of 04. After that I lurked for several months before my first post.

I kept finding posts from people on gamefaqs about it and wondered what it was, then I joined. The kmart clearance last year was the best, but there were so many other good deals inbetween, and the morning updates, I was never able to get up that early but I always checked EBgames.com as soon as I could get up and usually was able to get some of the leftovers from the updates.

What brought me here was a guy by the name of bluetoast use to post up the best buy ads a couple of days early over at gamefaqs. Then after a while he started posted them here on this site, so i became a member here in order to view them.

It was november last year & I was looking for a Wii. Searched around the web a bit & found this site.
Thanks to Cag: I have a huge backlog of games to play, saved tons of $$ with trades & deals, & manage to snag my launched wii.

I've lurked only for a month - but, now it's a habitual routine to go on cag almost every day.

It's been so long, I don't really remember. I think a buddy from another forum was posting deals or something from here, so I started lurking and eventually joined.

[quote name='fillican']Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine. Somebody was writing a letter about it.[/QUOTE]

Same. Somebody was complaining that CAG was the greatest and had been overlooked in a previous issue. One of the few times I ever had the ambition to actually go to a website discussed in the magazine but I thought what the heck.

Several early postings on deals yet to hit the stores and I was hooked.

[quote name='onikage']I think I discovered CAG through a topic on Gamefaqs that linked to a deal posted here.[/quote]
same with me it was the ff3 deal and i was wondering what the big fuss about cuz ppl were complaining that someone from cheapassgamer posted it 1st and flamed him ur stealing or something like that

I used to regularly read a Transformers board where someone who was a member of both boards brought up CAG and I checked it out. It was so long ago I can't remember who it was but I'm glad they did.

bread's done
Back