What commericals do you HATE.

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Those first damn Boost Mobile Phone commercials pissed me off completely. Those are the ones with the old ladies trying to be "cool". That made me never want to buy anything Boost Mobile made. How they go from that to Kanye West is beyond me.

Couldn't you make a single thread.. What commercials do you love or hate?

And quite frankly, I love my family and my fiance.. not a commercial.. and I have yet to ever see a commercial I've truly hated.

It would make for a much shorter list to say which ones I don't hate. So much of advertising is just the same kinds of inanity endlessly repeated. For instance, have you ever noticed how many ad campaigns are based around the premise the product has driven previous customers insane? Yet we should seek to destroy our own minds by purchasing this stuff?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Couldn't you make a single thread.. What commercials do you love or hate?

[/quote]

I thought about that, but since they are two separate things I think it's fine as it is.

Has anyone seen those Boost Mobile billboards that depict the "strait chirpin'" guy? That's the downfall of western civilization right there....

[quote name='epobirs'] For instance, have you ever noticed how many ad campaigns are based around the premise the product has driven previous customers insane? Yet we should seek to destroy our own minds by purchasing this stuff?[/quote]

Actually, I don't know what you mean by that.

I hate the new Burger King commercial. Wake up with the King. The King just freaks me out with that plastic face smiling at me just before he pulls out a knife and adds me to the meat of his new double Crois'sandwich. What is a King doing in my bed watching me sleep? Wait that's no king, it's a plastic face wearing axe murderer wearing a robe of human organs.

Burger King, get out of my nightmares.

Yeah, those Truth ones try way too hard.

OMG the "gellin like a felon" commercials suck major ASS. I forget the product its for though. Those rank right up there with the Mentos commercials for stupidity.

[quote name='Squirms']I hate the new Burger King commercial. Wake up with the King. The King just freaks me out with that plastic face smiling at me just before he pulls out a knife and adds me to the meat of his new double Crois'sandwich. What is a King doing in my bed watching me sleep? Wait that's no king, it's a plastic face wearing axe murderer wearing a robe of human organs.

Burger King, get out of my nightmares.[/quote]

Hmm, somehow that commercial makes me laugh every time I see it.. and I agree, the Truth commercials and the Stand commercial are terrbile.. all they do is make me want to smoke.

[quote name='Squirms']I hate the new Burger King commercial. Wake up with the King. The King just freaks me out with that plastic face smiling at me just before he pulls out a knife and adds me to the meat of his new double Crois'sandwich. What is a King doing in my bed watching me sleep? Wait that's no king, it's a plastic face wearing axe murderer wearing a robe of human organs.

Exactly. I can just see that smile on the king's face, stony and unloving, as it's sprayed with flecks of blood. A raspy voice from behind the mask whispers, "whopper this, bitch".

Another suck ass commercial...

Nasuea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea... Yay! Pepto Bismol!

I don't want to see someone dancing and holding their ass while yelling DIARRHEA.

That's a hilariously creepy commercial.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, those Truth ones try way too hard.

OMG the "gellin like a felon" commercials suck major ASS. I forget the product its for though. Those rank right up there with the Mentos commercials for stupidity.[/quote]

It's for Dr. Scholls, and I agree that it's annoying as hell.

Sometimes...it's all about the codes.

Sometimes...it's all about the gold.

Sometimes...Overstock.com commercials make me want to jump out of a window.

Six Flags and that scary dancing guy.

Old Navy...the ones where people are like "I love (insert stupid/inane task here)" all enthusiastic and stuff. Utterly wrist-slitting inspiring.

And if you live in New England, the Mohegan Sun commercials...because if you've seen them, you're humming the song with it right now..."round and round she goes..."

I am a non-smoker and hate the act of smoking but man I hate the truth commercials.

Also I hate the new McDonalds add campaign both radio and television. I hate the crappy songs that make nosense. Man I hate those!

I am not typically a hateful person either :)

bread's done
Back