What do Cheap Ass Gamers Wear?

To be honest I dress as plainly as possible. I am 6'6" and I don't need to stand out any more than I already do. I don't follow fashion trends because most trends are started with popular music and I don't live the music. The only thing I always buy name brand is shoes. I prefer Nike and Converse but I'll wear Reebok on occasion.

[quote name='karmapolice620']I dont see how you call yourselves cheapass's when you name off: Polo,AE,A&F, and all the like...those are EXPENSIVE...no wonder you have to be on here to buy games...IMO thats a disgrace...50 bucks for a Gdammed shirt????...I buy at goodwill,thrift,and target...cheap...I dont go "in style"...im actually starting to make my own clothes out of old stuff from thrift stores...[/quote]

The most I pay for a shirt is 15 bucks, and that is a rarity. Most of my shirts are 7 bucks, and most of my pants and shorts are less than 20.

Birks are one thing I got no problem spending 100 on as they are worth every penny

I dress in metal band shirts that i have(Metallica, Brand New Sin, Korn), goona be getting some new ones, and i wear Gat pants(Hot Topic, 55$).

I'm surprised you guys wear such expensive clothing. I only started wearing Dickies in the last 5 months or so, and I only have a few shirts. Everything else is Cherokee and Old Navy.

i think dickies are a good deal. only 5 bucks more than a pair of pants at walmart, and they are the most comfortable pants,and ive never ripped the crotch out on one........now that my friends is a rarity since i skate alot and rip alot of pants

ive also started wearing the sweatpants from walmart, they are 5 bucks

20 is my limit for a shirt. And it has to be abso-fuckin-lutely amazing to get me to spend that. 30 for pants. 45 for shoes.

I get shirts that I like. Its as simple as that for me.
Anyone know of any good sites with videogame shirts? I need to buy some new shirts.

Ya, I get most of my clothes at outlets, on clearance or at ross. I like designer brands more just because they fit better. But for just hanging out with my friends I really dont give what I wear. The most I've ever paid for a shirt is 20 bucks and that was a kenneth cole shirt I bought on ebay for parties and special occasions. You guys should check ross out, they have some great stuff.

I wear nike, and a collection of soccer tournement shirts ive got over the past few years by playing soccer :wink: I dont wear any pants lol even when its cold, I always wear shorts. I dont wear my shorts all geeky, I wear em a little past the knees about a 2cm. I also wear my favorite cap, Notre Dame, all white cap with a three leaf clover on it, goes well with my red hair :wink: I wanna pick up some sweat pants though, those are sexy :eek: .

[quote name='chess380']Fubu, South Pole, Sean John, Polo, Nautica, Karl Kani, Nike, Michael Jordan, Fruit of the Loom, Shaq, some off brand, Reebok, Enyce, Timberland, some other stuff too.[/quote]

wow dude, you sound like all the cool kids at my school, when i was in 8th grade ^^

shirts-only 3 places i buy shirts. thrift stores, shows, and ebay.
pants- usually for jeans i go to rue 21, they are really comfortable and usuallt $10-15. if i can find them at thrift shops i get dickies, but theres a dickies trend right now so the price of a pair went up like 5 bucks and im not paying for fashion! i usually make shorts out of old dickies (works REALLY well)
shoes-i just got 2 pairs of shoes from footlocker.com for $23.

yeah i hate preps that wear all the skater type clothes or try to be punk and all, they all wear dickies and the most expensive shirts(like atticus, made, hurly)

if you look around, dickies can be had 2 for 50$ www.ccs.com has this deal going on now i believe

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']yeah i hate preps that wear all the skater type clothes or try to be punk and all, they all wear dickies and the most expensive shirts(like atticus, made, hurly)

if you look around, dickies can be had 2 for 50$ www.ccs.com has this deal going on now i believe[/quote]

2 for FIFTY?! The most I've ever paid for pants is $5.

[quote name='punqsux']2 pairs of workpants for $50 is crazy. before punk was cool again dickies were like 15.99 at walmart.[/quote]

true, but you gotta do with what you have, and this is the best deal i can find for them

fucking posers

sometimes you can find a TON of dickies at thrift shops all at once.

when factories get new uniforms they donate all their old stuff, and alot of factories wear dickies work pants and work shirts. so if you keep you eyes open youll prolly find some soon enough. but odds are they will all be either black or navy blue.

something bugs me about buying used clothes................i dont know what happened to them, it grosses me out, its lo me..........its kinda gross, but since my mom will only buy me pants and i have to buy the rest.......ill live

but damn them wannabees and their good charlette music saying IM SO PUNK!!!!!

[quote name='punqsux']sometimes you can find a TON of dickies at thrift shops all at once.

when factories get new uniforms they donate all their old stuff, and alot of factories wear dickies work pants and work shirts. so if you keep you eyes open youll prolly find some soon enough. but odds are they will all be either black or navy blue.[/quote]

totally off topic but didn't you have in your sig.. 'and alcohol is a drug...'?

I don't know why but buying clothes at a Thrift Shop seems to scare me. I mean WHO KNOWS what people have done and exposed those clothes to. :shock:

[quote name='Lootr2Core'][quote name='punqsux']sometimes you can find a TON of dickies at thrift shops all at once.

when factories get new uniforms they donate all their old stuff, and alot of factories wear dickies work pants and work shirts. so if you keep you eyes open youll prolly find some soon enough. but odds are they will all be either black or navy blue.[/quote]

totally off topic but didn't you have in your sig.. 'and alcohol is a drug...'?[/quote]i had that in my old sig (the shaq-fu one) why?

Dickies shorts, Cargo shorts, I have worn pants probably 2-3 times in the past couple years, besides at work. Shirts, regular colored shirts, a few select screen'd, American Eagle Polo's, and sandals.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Lootr2Core'][quote name='punqsux']sometimes you can find a TON of dickies at thrift shops all at once.

totally off topic but didn't you have in your sig.. 'and alcohol is a drug...'?[/quote]i had that in my old sig (the shaq-fu one) why?[/quote]

Punq is straightedge xxx

here is an example of what i wear

a cleveland cavs shirt passed down from my dad

2 dollar pants from target(they are really thin pants)

and a 1$ rasta sweatband snagged from a store next to the dollar store(one of those expensive stores who had an accessory sale!)

MYFOTOZZZZ013.jpg

I like to dress well.

Express, Banana, A/X, AE, and Guess. With all the money I spend on clothes I have to buy cheap games lol ^_^

Being a cheapass afraid of thrift shops/goodwill (you never know WHERE those clothes have been or WHAT they have done) my wardrobe is almost completely furnished by the clearance racks of Old Navy, Target, and when I'm really feeling like splurging, Gap. I like getting shoes from the Sketchers outlet. And outlet shopping at Gap and Old Navy is the best.

Cargo pants and drawstring pajamas are the most comfortable clothes to wear while video game playing, next to being naked.

I go clearance all the way. Being married made me lose whatever image of cool I once held. I love going to the thrift shops and getting old ass 70's style clothing. A few months ago I picked up a jacket like the one Tyler Durdan wore in Fight Club for 5 bucks. Awesome jacket, but my wife absolutely hates it.

these are your essential brands buy nothing else

polo (ralph lauren not the ghetto knockoffs)
calvin klein
Kenneth cole
dkny
express for men
A&F
AE
Armani Exchange
Guess
brooks brothers
jos. A Bank
Banana republic
Hurley
Hollister
J.crew
quicksilver
billabong
rusty
hawaian island creation
rip curl
any hot looking surfshop brand
also some club clothes can be found in the occasional mall cluby type store although the quality will be inferior but the fit tight

you follow my list bitches will eat u up trust me never go cheap on your clothes find sales within this list if you can but never compromise. dress well and girls will see that thats one thing they never have to change about u. when your wardrobe is worth about 10 grand more than any womens like mine is they take notice.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Today (or rather yesterday) I wore a plain black t-shirt and some cargos. I plan to wear something very similar tomorrow.[/quote]

:lol: I often sleep in my clothes as well. I'm also wearing exactly what you are describing here. Eerie.

oh P.S.

follow this list below if you are black
follow my list above if you are white
my list is defintiely more expensive but you get the idea

chess380 wrote:
Fubu, South Pole, Sean John, Polo, Nautica, Karl Kani, Nike, Michael Jordan, Fruit of the Loom, Shaq, some off brand, Reebok, Enyce, Timberland, some other stuff too.

[quote name='cag1000']these are your essential brands buy nothing else

calvin klein
Kenneth cole
dkny
express for men
A&F
AE
brooks brothers
jos. A Bank
Hurley
Hollister
J.crew
quicksilver
billabong
rusty
hawaian island creation
rip curl
also some club clothes can be found in the occasional mall cluby type store although the quality will be inferior but the fit tight

you follow my list bitches will eat u up trust me never go cheap on your clothes find sales within this list if you can but never compromise. dress well and girls will see that thats one thing they never have to change about u. when your wardrobe is worth about 10 grand more than any womens like mine is they take notice.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. You can easily look good without spending the insane amount of money some stores charge you for the name-brand clothing.

After high school, it really doesn't matter what kinds of clothes you wear as long as you don't look like a slouch.

I like to dress casual, but I still think I look nice, and I never ever spend the money to buy name-brand clothes. Old Navy or Target is always a good place to get some pants or shorts. I usually buy my shirts from them, Thrift stores or find clearance items from various stores.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cag1000']these are your essential brands buy nothing else

calvin klein
Kenneth cole
dkny
express for men
A&F
AE
brooks brothers
jos. A Bank
Hurley
Hollister
J.crew
quicksilver
billabong
rusty
hawaian island creation
rip curl

you follow my list bitches will eat u up trust me never go cheap on your clothes find sales within this list if you can but never compromise. dress well and girls will see that thats one thing they never have to change about u. when your wardrobe is worth about 10 grand more than any womens like mine is they take notice.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. You can easily look good without spending the insane amount of money some stores charge you for the name-brand clothing.

After high school, it really doesn't matter what kinds of clothes you wear as long as you don't look like a slouch.

I like to dress casual, but I still think I look nice, and I never ever spend the money to buy name-brand clothes. Old Navy or Target is always a good place to get some pants or shorts. I usually buy my shirts from them, Thrift stores or find clearance items from various stores.[/quote]

if you have a high class finance job such as i do and u actually go out into public and hit clubs and bars by the beach where all the tan hotties are then yes it does matter

[quote name='cag1000']if you have a high class finance job such as i do and u actually go out into public and hit clubs and bars by the beach where all the tan hotties are then yes it does matter[/quote]

Dude, GA is married with kids. I think hitting clubs and cruising for hotties are pretty low on his priorities.

And does it make you feel good to adhere to a lifestyle in which you are judged upon income and looks? I can only pray that I don't have that mindset by the time I enter the 'real' world.

Spending more than $15 on any one piece of clothing besides shoes is ridiculous.

[quote name='cag1000'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cag1000']these are your essential brands buy nothing else

calvin klein
Kenneth cole
dkny
express for men
A&F
AE
brooks brothers
jos. A Bank
Hurley
Hollister
J.crew
quicksilver
billabong
rusty
hawaian island creation
rip curl

I like to dress casual, but I still think I look nice, and I never ever spend the money to buy name-brand clothes. Old Navy or Target is always a good place to get some pants or shorts. I usually buy my shirts from them, Thrift stores or find clearance items from various stores.[/quote]

if you have a high class finance job such as i do and u actually go out into public and hit clubs and bars by the beach where all the tan hotties are then yes it does matter[/quote]

I have a question, then. If you're rolling like you say you are, then why the hell are you on Cheapass Gamer?

[quote name='cag1000']
if you have a high class finance job such as i do and u actually go out into public and hit clubs and bars by the beach where all the tan hotties are then yes it does matter[/quote]

you can go out into public without "hitting clubs" getting drunk, and i think tan girls look disgusting (the obsessivley tan girls that look orange)

so clearly your advice is not for everyone ^^

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='cag1000']if you have a high class finance job such as i do and u actually go out into public and hit clubs and bars by the beach where all the tan hotties are then yes it does matter[/quote]

Dude, GA is married with kids. I think hitting clubs and cruising for hotties are pretty low on his priorities.

And does it make you feel good to adhere to a lifestyle in which you are judged upon income and looks? I can only pray that I don't have that mindset by the time I enter the 'real' world.

Spending more than $15 on any one piece of clothing besides shoes is ridiculous.[/quote]

yes it does feel good living a lifestyle like that if you have it spend it im a college grad i deserve it

also please dont advise anyone to buy anything under 15. i mean come on with clothes u get what you pay for and u look like a cheapass. its one thing being a cheapass and its another thing looking like one

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cag1000']these are your essential brands buy nothing else

calvin klein
Kenneth cole
dkny
express for men
A&F
AE
brooks brothers
jos. A Bank
Hurley
Hollister
J.crew
quicksilver
billabong
rusty
hawaian island creation
rip curl

I agree with Grave Addiction. Those are the kinds of clothes stores that people shop in before they grow up, i.e. the late high school/early college years. Older men that persist in shopping at these stores are often gay.

of course my advise isnt for everyone but im sure i would get more opposition for my advise on a videogame forum than other places. Comicbook guys, videogame kids, computer geeks. They all have a reputation for a certain dress for a reason. I on the other hand do not like to advertise my interests when i dress. And yes tan girls are hot, and pale girls can be very hot also, but saying that a tan girls is distgusting is something that would defintiely come from a videogame forum. And i dont say to just dress this way going to clubs. look good in everyhting you do

[quote name='cag1000']yes it does feel good living a lifestyle like that if you have it spend it im a college grad i deserve it

also please dont advise anyone to buy anything under 15. i mean come on with clothes u get what you pay for and u look like a cheapass. its one thing being a cheapass and its another thing looking like one[/quote]

Congrats on graduating, and you're right, if you've got the money to spend, go for it I suppose.

It just sounds like your rationalizing your purchases with the thought that people will see something inherently wrong with you for not buying ridiculously overpriced brand-name clothing.

whattttt?
clothes that kids wear before they grow up??

so all the target and kmart and thrift stores are what grown men wear????

wow classic

i guess joseph a bank, j crew, polo, armani, and brooks brothers is for just high school kids

high school kids wear ghetto shit mostly except for the preppy click(ie rich kids)
i went to a prep school it was like a fashion show everyday
should have put a disclaimer on the bottom of my posts.........
use my list only if u have money......

[quote name='"cag1000"']I on the other hand do not like to advertise my interests when i dress. quote]

*looks at long list of overpriced name brand clothing*

Wow, you sure could have fooled us.

bread's done
Back