What do you eat to keep you .. uhhh .. regular?

Im the complete opposite of the OP, I take at least 5 to 8 shits a day

Im afraid to eat breakfast in the morning before work because i know 5 min's later i'll be in the bathroom. Same thing with lunch. It take about 5 to 10 min's for me to digest food and then its down the hatch.

I cant even eat a freaking Cracker without getting the urge to drop a stool. for me any food will do. Ive checked with doctors, im not sick or anything I just seem to have a really fast metabolism.

But what really works for me is Oranges, Orange Juice, just one or two wedges or a glass of OJ and Bam! not even 1 minute goes by before i gotta blow one out.

[quote name='joe2187']Im the complete opposite of the OP, I take at least 5 to 8 shits a day

Im afraid to eat breakfast in the morning before work because i know 5 min's later i'll be in the bathroom. Same thing with lunch. It take about 5 to 10 min's for me to digest food and then its down the hatch.

I cant even eat a freaking Cracker without getting the urge to drop a stool. for me any food will do. Ive checked with doctors, im not sick or anything I just seem to have a really fast metabolism.

But what really works for me is Oranges, Orange Juice, just one or two wedges or a glass of OJ and Bam! not even 1 minute goes by before i gotta blow one out.[/quote]That seems really....odd. Doesn't your asshole get sore from wiping all the time?

Back in July 07, I started having major intestinal pains. It would keep me awake at night and I was having major constipation. I would'nt go for days. I had just got back from my honeymoon in Cancun. So, I went to the doctor. He thought it might be giardia. He gave me antibiotics. That did nothing. The pain was so bad. I finally went to a gastroenterologist who scheduled a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy turned up normal. He told me it was probably just a case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

So he gave me a list of things to do. Here is that list.

1. Fiber supplementation with Citrucel, Metamucil or Benefiber capsules. Take two capsules, twice a day with 8oz of liquid.

2. Stool softener such as Colace (Docusate Sodium) 2 at bedtime every night.

3. Increase fresh fruits, (particularly those fruits which start with the letter "p", i.e., plums, prunes, pears, peaches,...), vegetables, and bran fiber in your daily diet.

4. Drink between 6 & 8 ounce glasses of water or other clear beverage per day, every day.

5. Increase fluids if you are exercising, working outside or have any other increased physical activity.

6. If you have had no bowel movement for 3 days, on the third day, use Milk of Magnesia (1 to 2 ounces) followed by 8oz of water and repeat in 6-8 hours if needed.

I started on the fiber capsules and ate some of the "p" fruits and took the Docusate Sodium. My pain finally went away and I became "regular" again. Also, I noticed that if I didn't stick to taking the capsules, some of that pain would start to come back.

I hope this helps. I know how frustrating and miserable it feels. And this may not work for you, but I just wanted to give you the information in case it may.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That seems really....odd. Doesn't your asshole get sore from wiping all the time?[/quote]

I bought flushable Wet Wipes before I had my colonoscopy, because I knew the preperation would be heck on my anus. They help a lot.

[quote name='electronicthroat']I bought flushable Wet Wipes before I had my colonoscopy, because I knew the preperation would be heck on my anus. They help a lot.[/quote]Seems really odd for someone with the Oreo Pizza "shit smear beard" avatar to be giving BM advice...

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Seems really odd for someone with the Oreo Pizza "shit smear beard" avatar to be giving BM advice...[/quote]

hahaha

I'm in the same boat as you are OP. I'm lucky to go 3 times in a single week. Normally it's more like 1-2. I kinda prefer to keep it this way though. I mean, taking a shit is fun and all, but I don't know that I want to have that much fun everyday. It would be a fun overload. I don't eat much, only one meal a day, usually, and with lots of sleep, I just don't have to go. But try some spicy foods and definitely cereal like frosted mini-wheats or raisin bran.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That seems really....odd. Doesn't your asshole get sore from wiping all the time?[/quote]

I am not about to reveal the status of my asshole to a stranger

And I buy alot of soft roll TP

[quote name='lilboo']Mmm! Taco Bell doesn't give me the shits. It gives me the smiles :)[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You need to sell this slogan to the Bell ASAP. Thats definitely thinking outside the bun!

Okay now i'm curious. What's the problem with shitting 2 times a week? It's like god wants you to be lazier.

Greens and fiber. Also look into taking some fiber supplements. Also keeping active and exercise can help speed up you metabolism.

[quote name='Apossum']Fiber is good.

so is spicy food-- hot sauces, hot peppers, anything spicy. be warned though, if you eat enough, it's spicy on the way out as well. but just like normal spiciness, you build up a tolerance to that too.[/quote]
Yep. Hot goin' down...hot comin' out.

In the past, it was once a day for me. I was on a schedule (about 9 PM).

The last year or so, it seems I only have 3-5 a week.

Most (if not all) fast food will make me run to the bathroom an hour or two after eating it.

[quote name='btw1217']I'm in the same boat as you are OP. I'm lucky to go 3 times in a single week. Normally it's more like 1-2. I don't eat much, only one meal a day, usually, and with lots of sleep, I just don't have to go.[/quote]

That's probably my problem (if it's a problem) right there. Usually, it's one meal a day for me, and I get a decent amount of sleep.

For those who go only a couple times a week: WTF. Try drinking some water. You know, eight 8oz glasses of water a DAY.

Jesus, that's disgusting.

Pooping less means you're full of shit more often.

I believe that's risky for polyps, cancer. Your guts are supposed to be like a laundry chute, not a meat locker.

[quote name='Koggit']Seriously, what's wrong with pooping less? Seems like people would want to poop less, not more.[/QUOTE]

How could you even compare something as frivolous as convenience to your health?

[quote name='mikej012']Wanna know if your bathroom behavior is normal? Check out this survey's results and compare with your experience, or take the survey yourself!

http://www.poosurvey.com/results.php[/quote]
Who the fuck Stands on the seat and Sqauts to take a shit?! What the hell man! and "Hovering"? what the hell?

Ignore any recommendations for coffee or tea. Anything with caffeine is a diuretic which will only help constipate you. Avoid caffeine - instead drink lots of water and juice. You need to stay hydrated and eat a lot of high-fiber things like fruits, vegetables, and grains.

[quote name='Machine']Ignore any recommendations for coffee or tea. Anything with caffeine is a diuretic which will only help constipate you.[/quote]

Really? Maybe thats my problem. I drink a lot of home made fresh brewed ice tea (from tea bags) in the course of a day and generally the only thing I drink other than that is coffee or diet soda (and water of course).

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oep4mRpmrkQ&feature=related[/MEDIA]

Just eat some damn fiber people. Metamucil aint just for old folks!....or is it?

colonblow.jpg

[quote name='Brak']Caffeine stimulates your metabolism.[/quote]

it does, but it doesn't outweigh the diuretic effect if you're only booboo'ing 2-3 times a week. staying away from it and only drinking clear liquids is sound advice. fruit, leafy greens, whole grains and EXERCISE are the only way to do help that naturally.

If you need to have it all come out ASAP, have chinese food and vault red blitz. It will get the job done. I know this from personal experience.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Not that I eat them for the purpose but I never have a problem taking a crap.[/QUOTE]

Best advice ever. It helps keep your skin healthy too and you live longer.

[quote name='chakan']Ripped from SD: 60 fiber bars for $17

Add two cases to the cart and use code BOBGREEN for discount

chocolate:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000UVN63C/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

peanut butter:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000UVN63C/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

From the feedback on Amazon, these will make you poop.[/QUOTE]

Fiber makes you poop! I always eat a banana after a meal to help my digestive system. Banana has a lot of fiber. Fiber causes movement within your digestive system. Its like someone pushing you and you pushing back. That's how fiber works and you end up pooping.

One thing guaranteed to clean out your system in a hurry: a 12-pack of Schaefer Beer and 10 to 20 burgers from White Castle.

I found that Grapefruit has an immediate effect on your digestive system. I eat one every morning and I can feel activity in my intenstines...

It's like God's liquid Drano for your pipes...

-Pepsi
-Lucky Charms (for Breakfast)
-French Fries
-Popcorn Chicken (fried from KFC or I try stuff I buy at stores)
-Pillsbury Ready 2 Bake Sugar Cookies
-Kroger Brown'N Serve Rolls
-Minute Premium Rice

Outside of some meat when I go home, that's pretty much what I eat and drink all the time. I haven't really gained weight or lost much of it (I stay around 125lbs to just over 130lbs).

bread's done
Back