what do you think is the rarest Xbox game?

asuitor

CAGiversary!
Xbox does not have many "obscure" titles

Games I think are rare
Toe jam and earl
metal dungeon
black stone

I have found no articles regarding this topic. Sorry if it is a double post

I think besides Steel Battalion that is just rare cause its so expensive would probably be Sneakers, that horrible mouse game for the Xbox...the reason its so rare was it was only sold in Toys R Us for some reason....dont think you are missing anything though cause I hear its terrible.

Phantom Crash - $8.99 shipped
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/226309.asp

DOA:XBV - $20.24 shipped
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224739.asp

MotoGP2 - $29.99 shipped
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/233625.asp

Toe Jam & Earl 3 - $14.99 shipped
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224247.asp

Metal Dungeon - $9.74 shipped
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/228907.asp

Black Stone - $18.74 shipped
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/228909.asp

Steel Battalion - $199 new
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/227919.asp

These games aren't rare people :)

But if I can't find them 2 miles from my house they MUST be rare. It's the law, check the books if you don't believe me.

A little harder to find would probably better describe the above games. I live in a fairly small town and it is unlikely that most of those games will be found at Wal-Mart, Target, or Hastings, but if I venture out to Houston I'd be able to find any of them. So basically, they are not really "rare" just more difficult to find at large retail B&M stores.

You can't really tell which games are rare for any console until it's lifespan is complete. Only in certain extreme circumstances will you be able to tell in the middle of a console's life.

Also, just because a game is cheap doesn't mean it's not rare. There are so many non-rare Square/enix games for the PS1 that are nowhere near as rare as other games on the system, but they fetch a much higher value.

why do people insist on thinking there are "rare" games for this generation. Give it about 5 years before anything of this current generation becomes even remotly rare. Every game listed so far as rare can be easily found just a few clicks away on the internet for cheap ass prices, as proven by Cornfedwb.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='nneace']Kajuto Chopin[/quote]

It's Kakuto Chojin :) .[/quote]

Naw, you're thinking of the easily found despite the recall fighting game. The one referenced is the exceedingly rare action RPG set around the life of the famed composer, Chopin. Exceedingly rare because it has only come into existence mere moments ago in my mind. But it does have a virtual production run of ten million units, making it the most numerous nonexistent Xbox game.

[quote name='boyward']Rent-A-Hero No. 1 is extremely rare.[/quote]

Did this even come out yet? I was looking for it and it never seemed to materialize.

I saw a few reviews for it (mediocre or worse) in U.S. magazines, but I'm not positive that the game actually made it to these shores.

[quote name='boyward']I saw a few reviews for it (mediocre or worse) in U.S. magazines, but I'm not positive that the game actually made it to these shores.[/quote]
It was planned for release, but I don't think it ever made it to the shelves.

Rent A Hero never got released, and EB Games canceled my preorder for that game long, long ago. Funnily enough, there's a used game listing for it on Gamestop.com, though it will forever be "Back Ordered." I guess the only rare version of the US Rent A Hero will be the review copies given to the game magazines over a year ago.

Shin Megami Tensei IX rare? Maybe, I dunno, but it can be found here on the cheap (for an import):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-4q-77-3-15-shin+megami+tensei-70-1uq.html

I would agree with Kakuto Chojin, not necessarily because it is extremely rare, but because it's the game that "doesn't exist." After Microsoft "recalled" it (actually, at least Gamestop stores, we were ordered to destroy them, which usually means "give to the employees"), the listings for the game (including the guide!) were removed from the system. Try searching for it at ebgames.com. No listing there. Try looking for it on Microsoft's Xbox website. Not listed there either.

I have a copy, and although the game is blah, it's fun to own a game that "doesn't exist." And where else can you own a fighting game with Batman, Jet Set Radio, Britney Spears, and "Fight Club" Brad Pitt look-alikes?

[quote name='frx']I would agree with Kakuto Chojin, not necessarily because it is extremely rare, but because it's the game that "doesn't exist." After Microsoft "recalled" it (actually, at least Gamestop stores, we were ordered to destroy them, which usually means "give to the employees"), the listings for the game (including the guide!) were removed from the system. Try searching for it at ebgames.com. No listing there. Try looking for it on Microsoft's Xbox website. Not listed there either.

I have a copy, and although the game is blah, it's fun to own a game that "doesn't exist." And where else can you own a fighting game with Batman, Jet Set Radio, Britney Spears, and "Fight Club" Brad Pitt look-alikes?[/quote]

This? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8143259376&rd=1

[quote name='specialk']super mario bros.[/quote]

....so anyways lol. I dont think anything besides MvC2 mentioned so far is rare...and i dont know why you would want it when you could get it for dreamcast and there are other fighters on xbox that are capcom and online

[quote name='PsyClerk']Rent-a-Hero was partially translated for the US before they dropped the project.[/quote]

What I find upsetting is that Rent-a-Hero was one of the original reasons I bought a Dreamcast. They promised it for that, never brought it over, then promised it for Xbox, got me interested again, then cancelled that, too. On a similar note, Capcom's AD&D game was one of the original reasons I bought a Saturn. I'm not really complaining, I got good use out of the systems, but it is still annoying.

[quote name='xzafixz']
This? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8143259376&rd=1[/quote]

I'm not saying that the game can't be found anywhere, or that it's low price isn't that shocking. I'm just saying that it's a game that Microsoft and the major game stores have wiped clean from their memory (most likely at the request of MS), as though it never existed at all. And for those who don't know why it was recalled, it's because one of the background music tracks has lines from the Koran being read in the background. Microsoft appologized for offending anyone and the game was "recalled."

[quote name='frx'][quote name='xzafixz']
This? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8143259376&rd=1[/quote]

I'm not saying that the game can't be found anywhere, or that it's low price isn't that shocking. I'm just saying that it's a game that Microsoft and the major game stores have wiped clean from their memory (most likely at the request of MS), as though it never existed at all. And for those who don't know why it was recalled, it's because one of the background music tracks has lines from the Koran being read in the background. Microsoft appologized for offending anyone and the game was "recalled."[/quote]

I think you're on the right track, but I don't think that explanation is quite right..

I'm going to have to agree with Cornfedwb on this one. Most of the games said aren't even remotely rare. I'll give you Kakuto Chojin and Marvel versus Capcom 2 though. I know that if you ask for Kakuto Chojin anywhere, they'll look it up and see that it's not even in the system/can't be found. At the moment it is not going for much on Ebay, but give it some time and I can almost guarantee that it will be difficult. I lucked out and found one at BB that by chance went out but was supposed to have been destroyed. They still gave it to me though for $20. MvC2 isn't the rarest but still is quite difficult to find outside of Ebay at any B&M shop, be it a used store or a BB or something of that nature. Metal SLug 3 I believe will also be rare due to its limited amount of copies that were made for it. Broken Sword could possibly become rare down the line as it is quite difficult to find anywhere and even for cheap.

Metal Dungeon, Blackstone, and a few othersthat you have claimed rare are absolutely NOT RARE. I see these all the time now. Toe Jam and Earl is slightly difficult to find coompared to the others but definently not rare.

Truly I think that it is too early to tell what is rare this generation outside of the PS2. I think we should wait a couple yaers after the systems too decide. Look at how many games got Re-releases, Rex anyone. ALso the Xbox IMO is notorious with re-releases, case in point look at House of the Dead 3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta. At one point they were very rare and hard to find anywhere ouside of ebay. Now you can find them at most places.

Steel batalion either one is mucho rare, only because it had a super limited run and was super expensive.

DOA:XBV is not rare at all. I think it will probably be made into a PH title soon anyway since the DOA team is basically in cahoots with Microsoft since they have pledged all their stuff there. It is also easy too find and for cheap. I've seen it even cheap than what Cornfedwb posted.

The rarest X-Box game of all is a game actually worth playing on the system, which is something I've yet to find. ZING!

... I kid, I kid.

The current Jap version of SF Anniversary may end up as a rarity, since it got recalled/pulled due to it being region-free.

I think that Guilty Gear X2 #Reload will be rare later in the xbox life span. Fighters tend to raise in value since so many people are fighter nuts. I think it came out at a poor time with a flood of games plus since it came out at 20 bucks the stores won't discount it, they will stop selling it all together.

Also you have to realize that Marvel vs Capcom 2 is out on the DC & the PS2 so it's never going to fetch huge amounts of money.

[quote name='KingDox']Also you have to realize that Marvel vs Capcom 2 is out on the DC & the PS2 so it's never going to fetch huge amounts of money.[/quote]

Not Necessarily true, Resident Evil 2&3 are easy to find on PS & DC but are worth a lot on GC.

EDIT: Though I think Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is the rarest game on XBOX. I got it for $10 on DC and I'm happy with that.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']A brand new factory sealed copy of Battle Engine Aquila, is very hard to find...[/quote]

But it is easy to find used... $15 at Gamestop.com

the only game rare for xbox is air force delta and that will be the only game that is rare for xbox, also another rare game is f1 2001, as well. Trust me on these.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']The majority of video games are easy to find pre-owned...[/quote]

Not Exactly.

[quote name='spankmenow420']the only game rare for xbox is air force delta and that will be the only game that is rare for xbox, also another rare game is f1 2001, as well. Trust me on these.[/quote]

AFD got a reprint and is no longer rare really. My GS has about 3 or 4 copies new, and about 5 used. I will agree with F1 though. I can't recall seeing that more than twice.

[quote name='spankmenow420']the only game rare for xbox is air force delta and that will be the only game that is rare for xbox, also another rare game is f1 2001, as well. Trust me on these.[/quote]

I've seen F1 2001 used at my local GS, it's like $12 used + my 20% off. I am really thinking about getting it. I hear it's a pretty good game.

[quote name='jousley']I'm telling ya.....Sneakers for Xbox is one of the rarest games ;) Only four of them for sale on Ebay even.[/quote]

It's rare in the stores but quite common on the net.

I'm having a hard time finding Guilty Gear whatever #reload..

If you're going by net standards, NOTHING is rare, everything's on the net.

Store-wise.. Moto GP2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Fatal Frame are all kinda "rare".. FF not so much anymore, though..

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='jousley']I'm telling ya.....Sneakers for Xbox is one of the rarest games ;) Only four of them for sale on Ebay even.[/quote]

It's rare in the stores but quite common on the net.

I'm having a hard time finding Guilty Gear whatever #reload..

If you're going by net standards, NOTHING is rare, everything's on the net.

Store-wise.. Moto GP2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Fatal Frame are all kinda "rare".. FF not so much anymore, though..[/quote]

I've actually seen it at my TRU of all places.

bread's done
Back