What do you want to be when you get older?

dmpolska

CAGiversary!
My question here for the CAGs is: What do you want to be when you get older?

or (if you've already reached that age)

What do you do for a living?

For me, I either want to become a lawyer, a psychiatrist or a veterinarian... I can't really decide :(

I too would like to be a veterinarian or an actor, hopefully I can finally get some major work. I've only done some commercials, a few afterschool special movies, and two appearances on SNL. But I want to be in major movies or be a leading role in a TV show.

I want to be happy and making a living doing something that isnt real work. I want to be an artist or some such and live with my now girlfriend and have a family. I dont have high hopes nor do I want them, because happyness doesnt always come with success.

I'd like to direct films as my life's work.

Only problem is everyone thinks they can write and direct their own movie -- of course, some are right -- so my career choices are limited in the field of film. If not a director, I wouldn't mind being a Cinematographer (DoP), Screenwriter, Editor, or possibly anything relating to those jobs that pays significantly more than minimum wage.

i wana be happy, wife , good stable job, live in a nice neighborhood, and well..sumthing jsut nice :)..
job-wise, prolly an industrial psych.

I am pleased with the restraint showed thus far.
I would have bet by thing point that someone would have said "on top of your mother/wife/girlfriend"

[quote name='Listen To Dylan']Jesus, Moses, or a combination of the two.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Nice.
And I'd now like to be Bob Dylan. I don't quite know how I'd do this, but it'd be memorable, trust me.

Dont really know, but i have a philosophy:

I can either be miserable and well to do (lawyer, accountant, all things ive got the brains for, but would hate)

Or be happy and poor (I've got some good ideas for inventions/card games/whatever the hell I can think up)

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Dont really know, but i have a philosophy:

I can either be miserable and well to do (lawyer, accountant, all things ive got the brains for, but would hate)

Or be happy and poor (I've got some good ideas for inventions/card games/whatever the hell I can think up)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but sometimes the job you want is the job that will pay well... that's why I'm considering becoming a veterinarian... still pays good and I just love that kind of stuff.

this is a question i often ponder.

there's no definite answer to this, i just want to stay true to myself and never actully get older, ill be singing "young til i die" until i die. and if i dont then i dont know how happy i could be.

[quote name='dmpolska']Yeah, but sometimes the job you want is the job that will pay well... that's why I'm considering becoming a veterinarian... still pays good and I just love that kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'd like that, but I hate blood and insides (It was very difficult for me to even sit through high school biology classes, even writing with a pen was difficult since my body became uber sensitive and holding the pen became extremely uncomfortable). I also get fed up with the way people treat pets, even many of the ones who do go to the vet.

a 1 hit rap sensation. i'll sell an album full of crap except 1 single and i'll make millions.

I'd really love to be granted Top Secret(or even just Secret) security clearance at some point in my life, which is why ROTC may become the name of the game. If that doesn't work then, pardon me Mr. Sweeny, on top of your wife/mother/daughter.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I'd like that, but I hate blood and insides (It was very difficult for me to even sit through high school biology classes, even writing with a pen was difficult since my body became uber sensitive and holding the pen became extremely uncomfortable). I also get fed up with the way people treat pets, even many of the ones who do go to the vet.[/QUOTE]

The pen problem and stuff seems bad... I hope you're okay... and yeah I hate the way people treat pets... some of them just don't care at all.

Like on Animal Planet, the pet police people (their job is cool) always find hurt and abused animals and it makes you wonder what kind of world we're living in when there are people who do this kind of stuff to animals.

So I would love to be a vet... I'm okay with the "gross stuff" but something I absolutely hate is going up on stage/public speaking... now that gets me squimish...

And another thing is that if I see that a person brings in an abused animal or a hurt animal I think I would have right to detain the pet and call the police under suspicion of abuse... I'm not sure though...

[quote name='dmpolska']The pen problem and stuff seems bad... I hope you're okay... and yeah I hate the way people treat pets... some of them just don't care at all. [/quote]

Ya, I'm fine with seeing blood and things like that. When people start showing insides, describing them, or showing/describing poking holes in the skin I get extremely squeemish. When writing notes, for example, I keep holding the pen looser and looser till it gets to the point where I'm just barely touching it, just enough to guide it, and often it keeps dropping out of my hand. I never really had in depth biology (I'm good with things such as evolution and biology in that sense, but not good with the actually functions of the body), and my human bio class was the lower level one, it was just a requirement, so it was very rare that it got too bad. I remember a few times through high school they would talk about these things somewhat in depth for a good amount, or all of the class ( I had 1 and a half hour classes), and I'd often keep going to the bathroom just to get out of the class since it bothered me so much physically. It wasn't even that I thought it was gross.

Like on Animal Planet, the pet police people (their job is cool) always find hurt and abused animals and it makes you wonder what kind of world we're living in when there are people who do this kind of stuff to animals.

So I would love to be a vet... I'm okay with the "gross stuff" but something I absolutely hate is going up on stage/public speaking... now that gets me squimish...

And another thing is that if I see that a person brings in an abused animal or a hurt animal I think I would have right to detain the pet and call the police under suspicion of abuse... I'm not sure though...

Another problem is you'll have someone who has a pet who needs surgery and the, reluctantly, agree. But then start nitpicking over a 40 antibiotic treatment for afterwards and other small things, when the surgery itself was 400 dollars or so. Or someone who has a pet that will either die painfully or require surgery or somewhat pricy treatment. They just put it to sleep or don't even bother with that and let it die. Talking to one of the vets I used to go to, some people didn't even want to put it to sleep because it cost too much. Obviously I know some people really can't afford it (in which case they shouldn't have them in the first place), but I'm talking about people who have the money but don't want to spend it. Personally, I have pet rats and my credit card is filled with vet expenses for them, including surgery. I had the card for emergencies and to build credit it, and at the vets is really the only time I use it.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Ya, I'm fine with seeing blood and things like that. When people start showing insides, describing them, or showing/describing poking holes in the skin I get extremely squeemish. When writing notes, for example, I keep holding the pen looser and looser till it gets to the point where I'm just barely touching it, just enough to guide it, and often it keeps dropping out of my hand. I never really had in depth biology (I'm good with things such as evolution and biology in that sense, but not good with the actually functions of the body), and my human bio class was the lower level one, it was just a requirement, so it was very rare that it got too bad. I remember a few times through high school they would talk about these things somewhat in depth for a good amount, or all of the class ( I had 1 and a half hour classes), and I'd often keep going to the bathroom just to get out of the class since it bothered me so much physically. It wasn't even that I thought it was gross.

Another problem is you'll have someone who has a pet who needs surgery and the, reluctantly, agree. But then start nitpicking over a 40 antibiotic treatment for afterwards and other small things, when the surgery itself was 400 dollars or so. Or someone who has a pet that will either die painfully or require surgery or somewhat pricy treatment. They just put it to sleep or don't even bother with that and let it die. Talking to one of the vets I used to go to, some people didn't even want to put it to sleep because it cost too much. Obviously I know some people really can't afford it (in which case they shouldn't have them in the first place), but I'm talking about people who have the money but don't want to spend it. Personally, I have pet rats and my credit card is filled with vet expenses for them, including surgery. I had the card for emergencies and to build credit it, and at the vets is really the only time I use it.[/QUOTE]

What's your job now alonzo, or are you a student?

And yeah... I would just have to deal with those people, but the reward of finally helping out a sick animal is great. And I don't know If I could be the kind of vet to put an animal to sleep...

bread's done
Back