What does the Call of Duty series have to fix in its next installment?

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I loved Modern Warfare 2, for what its worth, its hands down the best shooter I have played in a long time. The quick snappy reaction is what made that game so good. But not every game is perfect, it has its flaws.

I have two complaints. One of em, is it needs dedicated servers for the console versions. How many fucking times has there been recon to host and it ended in failiure?

Two is commando. That shit is insane, nuff' said.

As for noob toobs, nearly every game I played in fps multiplayer history has had them. Some do it better than others, but I have become accustomed to the rampant use of these mechanics.

What do you think needs to be fixed?

Games over Live are never going to have dedicated servers unless they're EA Games or 2K Sports games so you're just going to have to deal with it.

There's so many things wrong with the multi I don't want to even start listing them.

For the PC it needs the dedicated servers. Other than that I don't know because I have never played it. I will never play it and COD4 is chances are my last COD that I will ever play.

the maps are bland and plain. they need more maps like the carnival level. im tired of playing freaking the middle east or south america. maybe a map in a football stadium would be cool or a map at a movie theather.

Nothing is hurting their sales, so all they really need to do is make some shiny new achievements, different kill/death rewards, and a few more perks along with another slew of terrible map design that they'll charge an additional $30 for after release.

The only reason this game is so enjoyable is because they've made it impossible for you to not feel like a winner. Brilliant idea, it really is. I just wish it wasn't the norm these days. Hell, they don't even need to fix the broken PC version because millions of PC gamers are just having too much fun winning that they'll buy whatever comes next.

Since "Everything..." is already taken I'll go with... Not be a tOOl magnet.

Actually, I think that might be a good thing now that I think about it since I can go about my more realistic shooters without running into so many.

In all seriousness I'd like the following changed:

Perma-Ban people using modded controllers or any other cheats/exploits. Flat out ban the console from going online in that game. Get the cheaters OUT. fuck 'em, you already got their cash...

Keep games from dropping because of host issues (like the OP said)

Maybe making a game that requires skill...

Nah.

As for the guy that said 360 games will never get dedicated servers -- Gears of War 3 will have dedicated servers.

I think, and this is probably an obvious one, more gamemodes. I pretty much only play Domination/Ground War, but thats because I love objective based games. Willy-nilly modes like TDM are a bit too slowly paced for my liking, because nobody knows where to find each other. Especially in a big map like Estate, Sub Base or Karachi, it can take a while to get into some good action.

Obviously the usual "a couple new perks" (and maybe some less useless ones like SitRep/Lightweight) and new maps (I think some more smaller maps could be good too)

[quote name='RobMinhas']JETPACKS! Or is that joke already old?[/QUOTE]

You joke, but I'd bet money on it happening.

bread's done
Back