what does YMMV mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mileage may Vary. In reference to deals which may not be happening at your store. There is a thread running now that has all the terms explained for noobies.

your mileage may vary, as in not all stores will have this deal. i think someone did create a thread here for abreviations commonly used on the site. u should check that out.

You know, there really ought to be a glossary on this site for these abbreviations.

YMMV= Your Milage May Vary
TRU= Toys R Us
B&M= Brick and Mortar (physical store)

and all the sort...

Maybe it would help cause heck, I dindn't realize what TRU was until last month and I have been here since December.

it's funny how YMMV and B&M still make little sense in their real terms. who the hell made up this shit anyway?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You know, there really ought to be a glossary on this site for these abbreviations.

TRU= Toys R Us

and all the sort...

Maybe it would help cause heck, I dindn't realize what TRU was until last month and I have been here since December.[/quote]

Is this sarcastic? Because there is a glossary...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='GuilewasNK']You know, there really ought to be a glossary on this site for these abbreviations.

TRU= Toys R Us

and all the sort...

Maybe it would help cause heck, I dindn't realize what TRU was until last month and I have been here since December.[/quote]

Is this sarcastic? Because there is a glossary...[/quote]

You ought to know by now with these numbnuts, if they have to search, read a different forum, or otherwise seek their information in any other way than "New Topic" they're totally dumbfounded.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Nah, she probably just soaks cork for a living.[/quote]

Ask her to get a autograph from Janet then

Nah, I was being serious. I don' do the sarcasm thing because I see enough of that crap on GAMEFAQS.

Damn, I didn't even realize the abbreviations were in the FAQ. I didn't look at it because I thought it was just FAQ on how to use the board.

[quote name='dsullo']your mother must vibrate[/quote]

wow, I almost took offense to that. . . until I realized you were making a joke (didn't see the correlation to the acronym). or I thought I was being ostracized for liking Vandal Hearts.

whew.

[quote name='Darkstar'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Nah, she probably just soaks cork for a living.[/quote]

Ask her to get a autograph from Janet then[/quote]

Haha... that makes no sense whatsoever, but its still funny (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back