What Famous People/Celebs/Pro Sport Players have you met?

Torque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I met Mickael Pietrus once while walking home and passing along the Apple Store. He was with french entourage and in a suit , definately standing out from the crowd in downtown San Francisco. I wasn't very excited, i was just coming back after a long day of school and such. Got his autograph on one of my notebooks, too bad i don't have it anymore. Never would have expected to leave warriors and thrive with the magic. Air France sure has my respect.

other than Mickael Pietrus i've met some SF Giant players and HOFers at Fanfest. Wut about you guys?

Many NHL players throughout the years. Including Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Jaromir Jagr, Dominik Hasek, Martin Brodeur, Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull and other greats.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I met Bill Clinton once. I should have washed my hand after I shook his.[/QUOTE]

ahh, i forgot I met him too. He came to my Public Elementary school, my sister presented Flowers to him from the School.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Many NHL players throughout the years. Including Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Jaromir Jagr, Dominik Hasek, Martin Brodeur, Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull and other greats.[/QUOTE]
Thats pretty sweet. What team are you a fan of?

[quote name='fazfznz']ahh, i forgot I met him too. He came to my Public Elementary school, my sister presented Flowers to him from the School.[/QUOTE]

Ha! This is almost exactly how I met him. He was doing a Whistle Stop Tour before the 1996 election. He stopped in my town and gave a speech on the steps of my public library. My elementary class was with him on the stage they constructed, and a couple of kids read a book with him for some reason.

Lol! that sort of reminds me of NBA Cares, most of the time all i see the Players do is read to children. Hah did you see any Secret Service close to him?

They were all over the place, man. A few little kids got sent home because they ran to the park behind the library, and that's were the presidential limo was parked. Apparently, Secret Service flipped the fudge out.

Wow, Even when my sister gave the flowers to him, there were like 6 Secret Service Guys circled around them. They parked the limo for him right in front of the school. I'd like to see obama come to my old elementary school.

[quote name='fazfznz']Thats pretty sweet. What team are you a fan of?[/QUOTE]
Detroit Red Wings so I'm a little depressed right now.

That reminds me, I've still got my signed Brendan Shanahan jersey from when he was still on the Wings. Met him at a sports cards store, where he was signing autographs for free. Really, really nice guy.

On my mom's side of the family I'm related to the Bridges acting family (Beau, Lloyd, Jeff, etc) but never actually met them. My cousin Mike Caruso played for the Chicago White Sox in 1998 (third place AL Rookie of the Year)... but I never met him either.

I met several of the 1991-92 season Portland Trailblazers and also a lot of the cast of Kindergarten Cop (sans Ahnold, who stayed in his trailer smoking cigars during the entire filming) and Free Willy 1 & 2 including Michael Madsen who was very cool. I also met most of the cast and crew of the Goonies but that doesn't really count because I was too young to remember. And I've met a lot of professional wrestlers.

So most famous person? It's either Clyde Drexler if you're a sports fan or The Rock if you're a wrestling/movie fan.

I ate lunch with President Bush, the second one, his wife, and Connie once.
Then I was subjected to Rachel McAdams trying to be incognito at my work place for 2 weeks, although I had figured out who she was, but it was still cool to have her around. Very nice people.

[quote name='Wolve11']
Then I was subjected to Rachel McAdams trying to be incognito at my work place for 2 weeks, although I had figured out who she was, but it was still cool to have her around. Very nice people.[/QUOTE]

Um, Why?

The only famous person I've met is Jack Hannah, but between my parents and grandparents, people in my family have met Leslie Nielson, Burt Reynolds, Herbert Hoover, Gerald Ford, Richard Byrd, Lindbergh, Czar Nicholas II, and more that I can't remember right now.

[quote name='lordwow']I'd imagine having a celebrity in Iraq would be a good way to become a target.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='specialk']Um, Why?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't in Iraq. She was in the US in my Army unit incognito to study up for her role in the movie "The Lucky Ones". It was pretty cool cause she was treated like any Soldier would cause her leadership didn't know any better at the time. She was really cool though.

i met michael vick one time in atlanta . i was staying the week with my cousin and we just got done playin football and we walked past a sunglasses shop and michael vick walked out and that wild cause i had my football and so i asked if he could sign it and he did.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']
So most famous person? It's either Clyde Drexler if you're a sports fan or The Rock if you're a wrestling/movie fan.[/QUOTE]

Clyde is married to the sister of a family friend and I went to school with his niece but never got a chance to meet him.

Well here a list:
Mike Tyson (Boxer Former Heavyweight Champ)
Mike Epps (Comedian starred in Next Friday)
Isiah Thomas (Basketball played for Pistons current College Coach)
Joe Dumars (Basketball played for Detroit Pistons current GM)
Barry Sanders (Football one the greatest Running Backs in history of the NFL)
Chauncey Billups (Basketball plays for the Denver Nuggets)

Well, I forgot to mention all the NFL Players and former players I met when the Superbowl was here:
Doug Williams (First Black QB to win the Superbowl)
Kevin Greene (Played with Carolina and most notably with Pittsburgh)
Vince Young (When he first entered the league)
Matt Leinhart (Actually met him & Young at the same time)
Reggie Bush (He was the funniest one because only me and a few other people recognized him on the street)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was in the fifth grade basketball team, we used to practice at Hellenic College in Brookline which was the Celtics practice facility in the 80's. One day, the Lakers were in town and were using the facility just before our practice time. They ran about an hour late into our practice time and they were classy enough to hang around a little and talk to us. I got to shake Magic Johnson's hand which was pretty cool.

I've taken care of a couple famous patients during my residency (a basketball player and a musician) but I can't disclose their names for confidentiality reasons. The musician though was a pain in the butt.

I worked at a few record stores back in the day so I met a couple of bands: Slayer, Smashing Pumpkins, Morrisey (He was an asshole), Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Actors I have met: Elizabeth Taylor, John Malkovich, Holly Hunter (I didn't recognize her - a few people told me that I served her after she left my workplace).

Sports Figures: Mike Tyson

Authors: Kurt Vonnegut

Music: Lots of local bands, but that doesn't really count. Hung out with Angie Aparo in Nashville once, really cool guy. Ran into Amy Grant at the airport and had a quick conversation. Also saw Charlie Daniels hammered at the bar in the airport, but on a different day.

Sports: Just some wrestling guys.. Owen Hart, Mick Foley, Jerry Lawler, Matt and Jeff Hardy, and The Rock.

my mom was just up north at our trailer on the lake... and she met Bruno Samartino at the bar, he owns a place up on the lake too...

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']On my mom's side of the family I'm related to the Bridges acting family (Beau, Lloyd, Jeff, etc) but never actually met them. My cousin Mike Caruso played for the Chicago White Sox in 1998 (third place AL Rookie of the Year)... but I never met him either.

I met several of the 1991-92 season Portland Trailblazers and also a lot of the cast of Kindergarten Cop (sans Ahnold, who stayed in his trailer smoking cigars during the entire filming) and Free Willy 1 & 2 including Michael Madsen who was very cool. I also met most of the cast and crew of the Goonies but that doesn't really count because I was too young to remember. And I've met a lot of professional wrestlers.

So most famous person? It's either Clyde Drexler if you're a sports fan or The Rock if you're a wrestling/movie fan.[/QUOTE]

I have Mike Caruso's MLB Showdown card, that was and is the greatest card game.

i see dave mathews everywhere

that's sorta it

i've seen dave matthews like 5+ times but never anyone else

i mostly hate dave matthews

I met Sinbad when they were having a Tops in Blue performance in North Dakota.

http://www.topsinblue.com/

My sister got to meet President Obama when he came to the college this year, so its safe to say she won that competition. She even got him to sign a picture of her son and took a pic with him.

Musicians: Andrew WK (kinda), Emmy the Great, Lightspeed Champion, Opposite Day's bassist, and a good portion of the Taikoproject.

Authors: Alison Bechdel

This loser, when he was on this team. My aunt won a contest for him to come to her house and have our family meet him, along with a bunch of gratis baseball equipment. I was like 7. He was actually a pretty nice guy back then.
pg2_a_canseco_200.jpg

Also this guy at a gaming convention. He was there playing poker. He looks EXACTLY like he did on TV.
013006WilliamHung.jpg

People famous I have met:
Shaquille O'Neal (NBA Player)
Penny Hardaway (Ex-NBA Player for Orlando Magic)
Nick Anderson (Ex-NBA Player for Orlando Magic)
Amare Staudamire (NBA Player for Phoenix Suns)
Von Wafer (NBA Player for Houston Rockets)
Buster Davis (NFL Player for Houston Texans)
Ernie Sims (NFL Player for Detroit Lions)
Leon Washington (NFL Player for New York Jets)
Lorenzo Booker (NFL Player for Philadelphia Eagles)
Earthquake (ex-WWF wrestler)
Poison the Well (Jeff Moriera & Derek Miller) (Band)
Deftones (Band)
Taproot (Stephen Richards) (Band)
Finch (Band)
Nonpoint (Elias Soriano) (Band)
I have met other bands... just forgot
James Patterson (author)

[quote name='lordopus99']People famous I have met:
Shaquille O'Neal (NBA Player)
Penny Hardaway (Ex-NBA Player for Orlando Magic)
Nick Anderson (Ex-NBA Player for Orlando Magic)
Amare Staudamire (NBA Player for Phoenix Suns)
Von Wafer (NBA Player for Houston Rockets)
Buster Davis (NFL Player for Houston Texans)
Ernie Sims (NFL Player for Detroit Lions)
Leon Washington (NFL Player for New York Jets)
Lorenzo Booker (NFL Player for Philadelphia Eagles)
Earthquake (ex-WWF wrestler)
Poison the Well (Jeff Moriera & Derek Miller) (Band)
Deftones (Band)
Taproot (Stephen Richards) (Band)
Finch (Band)
Nonpoint (Elias Soriano) (Band)
I have met other bands... just forgot
James Patterson (author)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm thats quite a few FSU players....

- Three Doors Down lead singer
- Ex-DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff
- Bo Bice
- Mario Vasquez (I insulted this guy by accident. I recognized the face but couldn't remember where from, so I asked him if he ever worked at McDonalds where I used to work. LOL)
- Tons and tons of wrestlers that fly out of the airport I work at

I know there are more but I can't remember right now.

Will Smith (@ Ozzfest supporting Jada's not so good band)
Charlie Weis (ex- Patriots coordinator/current Notre Dame football coach)
Bam Bam Bigelow
Kane
Lacuna Coil x10 or so times
Killswitch Engage
Phil Anselmo
Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi
Arch Enemy
Zakk Wylde/BLS
Flyleaf
Kerry King

james edward olmos, Pat Summit oh yeah Peyton Manning. went to college the same time he did saw him around but didnt talk to him since i was anti football at the time.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Many NHL players throughout the years. Including Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Jaromir Jagr, Dominik Hasek, Martin Brodeur, Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull and other greats.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Nice list.

My best friend's dad took a piss next to Lionel Richie. He wasn't sure it was him but walked out and the Commodores tour bus was in the parking lot. He was so excited he danced on the ceiling. Oh what a feeling!

Adrian Zmed of Grease 2, Morrie Turner (Creator of the Wee Pals comic strip), and Robert Beltran of Star Trek: Voyager fame. I didn't actually manage to meet former NBA players Scot Pollard and Jon Barry, but I did sit one table over from them at a strip club in Sacramento once.

EDIT: I also met former NFL player Mike Merriweather when I was a kid. He was retired and his wife was a student in my mom's college class. I got invited over to his house and he signed a few cards for me.

Motorcycle racers Jeremy McGrath, Tim Ferry, and Ivan Tedesco in the pits before a supercross event in Salt Lake City.

Current Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable when he was the head coach at the University of Idaho. It was in the local gaming store up in Moscow and he was standing transfixed in front of a TV showing the Xbox version of NCAA 2002 that was showing a CPU vs. CPU game of the Idaho Vantals vs. the Boise State Broncos. He was, honest to god, taking notes. He sucked as a coach back then and sucks as a coach now.

hmmmm, randy orton and those from the wrestling threads may know the story behind this one.

wayne static at a concert after he performed.
chuck palahniuk at a signing.
mike e clark (old music producer for ICP) when i was 16 he came in to the chick fil a i was working at only reason i even recognized him was cause my juggalo buddy and i had just watched big money hustlas
dirtball, big b, and daddy x all at the same KMK show

all i can remember currently

bread's done
Back