What game did you earn your 1st platinum trophy?

[quote name='KingBroly']Burnout Paradise

No one should be surprised.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a USB cam or else I'd have that Plat. as well. It's bullshit they require you to buy an accessory...the ONLY reason I'll forgive Criterion is because they have been awesome in supporting Burnout Paradise.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Fallout 3, May 22, 2009 9:55:36 AM PDT according to http://www.us.playstation.com/go/trophies/

First for me was Burnout Paradise[/QUOTE]

Haha... forgot about that. Thanks a lot!

Personally, I like games that have multiple play throughs required. Just because I don't get to buy all the games that come out and it adds replay value to the games I do have. I used to never play through a game on the hard difficulty setting, now I look forward to it. If you have tons of stuff to play, I can see it being tedious though.

I see alot of you guys got it from fallout 3. Is it that easy to get a platinum for it?

IMO I do think the trophy/achivement system is a good way to get most out of a game. Yeah you have to go through multiple playthroughs but I just like the fact that for being a perfectionist that you get some regonizition for it especially for single player games. Although I do agree that when it involves being online to get a few it's BS like for killzone 2 or Unreal 3.

[quote name='Chitown021']If achievments and trophies had been around when I was younger and in my "gaming prime" (had much more time to play) I would probably have more of them.

I hate it when a game requires on-line play to get platinum.

Some games it's a challange just to find time to complete the single player and with many games you have a limited "window" for on-line play. I might get the games months down the road on a CAG deal but by then there's very few players logged on to play with.[/QUOTE]

thats one thing you have to give capcom props for not forcing you to get the mp dl to get a platinum trophy. that aside i thought thee trophies were going to be incorporated into home somehow ( like youd have a trophy room with 3d trophies in it ).

[quote name='outerheaven']I see alot of you guys got it from fallout 3. Is it that easy to get a platinum for it?[/QUOTE]

Out of mine, Burnout was probably the easiest and quickest. Fallout 3 is not a hard one... it just takes a LOT of gameplay to get it. Fallout is a good example of a game where you can get every trophy on one playthrough and get a TON out of the game.

Mine was Burnout Paradise. For the Guitar Hero games, I hate that i have to have a GH Drum or you can't do the drum tutorial and thus,can't get the tutorial trophy. Everyone I know either doesn't have it or has only the guitars for GH.

[quote name='SynGamer']I don't have a USB cam or else I'd have that Plat. as well. It's bullshit they require you to buy an accessory...the ONLY reason I'll forgive Criterion is because they have been awesome in supporting Burnout Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Does it require a specific USB cam, like the PS EYE, or could you use an old ass Eyetoy from the PS2? If so, $5 @ Gamestop and 7 day return period and there ya go.

Burnout...!

Definitely the easiest so far... I also gotta 100% in High Velocity Bowling ;D

...and bowled a 300!

I wish Metal Gear Solid 4 had trophies. I played the fuck out of that game! The only reason I got the Ghostbusters platinum was because I truly enjoyed the game and I still play it now. From what I've read from the Ghostbusters thread people that want the platinum are having a hard time finding enough players on-line to get it.

To me it seemed like the on-line population exploded for a few weeks after the patch came out then it completely died.

How hard it the RE4 platinum to get? That's another game I'm looking forward to picking up soon.

[quote name='Chitown021']I wish Metal Gear Solid 4 had trophies. I played the fuck out of that game! The only reason I got the Ghostbusters platinum was because I truly enjoyed the game and I still play it now. From what I've read from the Ghostbusters thread people that want the platinum are having a hard time finding enough players on-line to get it.

To me it seemed like the on-line population exploded for a few weeks after the patch came out then it completely died.

How hard it the RE4 platinum to get? That's another game I'm looking forward to picking up soon.[/QUOTE]

its pretty easy imo. the egg collection can be a bitch to pull off.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Does it require a specific USB cam, like the PS EYE, or could you use an old ass Eyetoy from the PS2? If so, $5 @ Gamestop and 7 day return period and there ya go.[/QUOTE]

This would work.

[quote name='js1']How come?[/QUOTE]

If there's a multiplatform game I want to play, I get it/play it on the Xbox 360. It was the first console I had (this gen), and I decided the PS3 and Wii would be used for their exclusives only.

Plus, I actually prefer Achievements over Trophies anyway.

I have 6 Platinums - first was Uncharted (it was tedious but great game).

If you want an easy one - rent Terminator Salvation and play through on hard mode to get it in one playthrough!

Never got one and I'm in the "I'm not hardcore enough to get a platinum"...For me just beating a game at all (through the story mode) is an amazing feat.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Out of mine, Burnout was probably the easiest and quickest. Fallout 3 is not a hard one... it just takes a LOT of gameplay to get it. Fallout is a good example of a game where you can get every trophy on one playthrough and get a TON out of the game.[/QUOTE]

to get all the trophies in one play thru you have to bend the rules a little but it not impossible and its worth it. Not a game where you get one silver trophy for 423523434 online kills egads I hate those....

LittleBigPlanet, I was stuck at 25 hearts as creator for a long time but came back a couple months later and it just unlocked. Mirror's Edge was the toughest but it was damn fun.

Uncharted was my first and Uncharted 2 will be my second. Both those games are so great I just feel as if I have to to get the platinums to really have beaten them all the way through.

Almost got my 1st from Bioshock just need the historian trophy which is getting all the voice recorder things have every other tropy done.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

I win.[/QUOTE]

So you have gotten 13 platinums in the last few months?!?!? Heck even if you don't have a job and play 12 hours a day thats a lot!!!

[quote name='floormat']So you have gotten 13 platinums in the last few months?!?!? Heck even if you don't have a job and play 12 hours a day thats a lot!!![/QUOTE]

13 platinums in the last year and a few of them were close to platinum before I finally got my first one with MK vs. DC.

If I'm lucky, I get to play 3-4 hours a day.

First trophies were in Resistance 2, first Platinum was Uncharted. Strangely enough, Resistance 2 was my 11th Platinum trophy, taking me over a year to complete.

I'm going to go ahead and count my chicken before it hatches. I just finished Uncharted 2 on crushing and now just have to find all the treasures, get some more kills with two guns, and then 10 1-punch kills in a row. None of those will be very difficult, just a matter of time. I couldn't beat Uncharted 1 on crushing, otherwise that would have been my first platinum. I'm closing in on a platinum in inFamous, Dead Space, and Resident Evil 5. I just get burned out and have to change games fairly often.

Little Big Planet was my first platnium.

Followed by
Uncharted 1
Sonic Genesis Collection
Prince of Persia
Uncharted 2
Saw

Next will be Mini Ninjas, Ratchet, or Dead Space.

Being that I have a huge backlog I really only try for platinums that can be done in one or two playthroughs without a lot of annoying tasks. My first was Burnout Paradise. Nothing hard and the game never got boring, setting up the online trops was the only tough part. I think the only other ones I have are LBP, Sonic Collection, and Dead Space. Since I haven't updated I can't get online to finish a couple others that are close.

Uncharted was too long to plat and I try not to be a trophy whore since I play too many games. And some games I know I won't plat. That's if I even play them since I can't stand FPS's without the necessary M/KB.

bread's done
Back