What game did you earn your 1st platinum trophy?

outerheaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just last night I finally beat Uncharted Drakes Fortune on Crushing difficult and got my 1st platinum trophy. It was hard as all hell but not as impossible as I thought it was. There were moments when I wanted to break my controller in half and club baby seals though. But what I wanted to know is what 1st game did you guys get all the trophies for and what game for you was the hardest to get them all?

Killzone 2 was my first and hardest (damn you Elite difficulty and destroy symbols/find intel). Crushing was far from the hardest thing for me on Uncharted. Finding all the treasure was the most painful thing even with a guide.

Fallout 3. It's my only and it took me a little over a year. Mainly because my PS3 wasn't reading disks for a couple of months and I had to wait to fix it.

Burnout Paradise... and I loved every second of it since it was challenging, but not mind-numbingly tedious/compulsive/difficult to obtain. It's bittersweet now that it shows as 89% due to addons, but I might get the Uncharted one if crushing is reasonable.

My next Plat will be Uncharted 2. I want to do that for the 1st game as well,(I have 1/2 of them for both games) but the 1st Uncharted kicked my butt on hard.. So crushing mode I don't know.

Fallout 3 -- though whenever my copy of Wolverine Origins makes its way back to me (whenever I finish a game, I pass it around my friends), I plan to make that the second.

I will definitely try to get a platinum for Uncharted 2 once I get the game. My next one for now I wanna try and get will probably be Dead Space or Ghostbusters.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The only other game I have a platinum on is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

...I don't play multiplatform games on PS3.

[quote name='Rig']Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The only other game I have a platinum on is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

...I don't play multiplatform games on PS3.[/QUOTE]

How come?

Batman: AA. My next one will probably be Uncharted or R&C: ACT. I really want to get the platinum trophy for SOCOM, but I know that it would take me forever, LOL.

Think my 1st was Burnout Paradise. Hardest so far has been Dead Space probably because I had to go through 3 times and it's not the quickest game to go through.

Bioshock...it's actually one of the easier ones, they give you WAY too many supplies and money and stuff, it's almost impossible to run out of health packs.
I'm finding Uncharted 1 very frustrating to platinum, I'm at Ch. 6 Crushing, I'm not finding it fun. Uncharted 2 is very fun though, so that Platinum shouldn't be as painful.

[quote name='IRHari']Bioshock...it's actually one of the easier ones, they give you WAY too many supplies and money and stuff, it's almost impossible to run out of health packs.
I'm finding Uncharted 1 very frustrating to platinum, I'm at Ch. 6 Crushing, I'm not finding it fun. Uncharted 2 is very fun though, so that Platinum shouldn't be as painful.[/QUOTE]

LOL I share your pain. Any time where your in a open area gun fight its just a pain in the ass cause of one shot kills and the damn pirates gang up on you.

Uncharted, even though I'd already beaten it well before the trophy patch. Most of the ones I have were pretty simple; I was going to go for the one in Wet but I didn't care enough to play through that thing 4 times.

[quote name='Zoglog']I've never gotten a platinum, i'm not obsessive enough[/QUOTE]

Second'd. Actually, it's not that I'm not obsessive enough, it's just that I don't give a shit. Most times when a trophy notification pops up on the screen, I go 'oh I got a trophy', then I go right back to the game and tend to ignore the rest of the pop-ups.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Followed by...
Burnout: Legends
Bioshock
Resident Evil 5
Batman Arkham Asylum

And soon...
Uncharted 2
Dead Space (Iffy)

I need to beat Uncharted 1 on Crushing for a Platinum in that game...sold the game though, no intention of trying that again :p

resistance 2. 10K ranked online kills . it was so annoying because i did it when there wasn't any of the more helpful patches. every time you had finished a game, it didnt auto spawn into next one.

My first and only Platinum is LittleBigPlanet. I am missing Uncharted 1 only by its Crushing difficulty trophy... I played the first Uncharted prior to patch and then came back to do some of the trophies (i.e. playing it 3-4 times)... just didn't have it in me to play it a 4-5 time... maybe 6 months to a year later I will go back and finish it.

IMO you shouldn't have to play through a game 3 4 5 times to get a platinum. Thats just the developer not being creative enough... Even if I was a teenager in high school with near unlimited time 100's of hours doing a menial task to get a trophy to get a platinum is just silly...

[quote name='floormat']IMO you shouldn't have to play through a game 3 4 5 times to get a platinum. Thats just the developer not being creative enough... Even if I was a teenager in high school with near unlimited time 100's of hours doing a menial task to get a trophy to get a platinum is just silly...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Forcing the player to play through multiple times is not 1. cool, 2. going to happen (for me at least), and 3. likely to make me not want to buy any other games by that developer. Demon's Souls, while fun, is likely to remain Platinum-less for me because I'm not going to play through 3-4 times to get everything. I have other games to play...

If achievments and trophies had been around when I was younger and in my "gaming prime" (had much more time to play) I would probably have more of them.

I hate it when a game requires on-line play to get platinum.

Some games it's a challange just to find time to complete the single player and with many games you have a limited "window" for on-line play. I might get the games months down the road on a CAG deal but by then there's very few players logged on to play with.

Mine was super easy, it was the sega genesis collection. I am one trophy shy of wanted. I have to find one more collectable an have gone through every level over and over with a guide and can't find what I'm missing. Could it be a glitch?

[quote name='Chitown021']If achievments and trophies had been around when I was younger and in my "gaming prime" (had much more time to play) I would probably have more of them.

I hate it when a game requires on-line play to get platinum.

Some games it's a challange just to find time to complete the single player and with many games you have a limited "window" for on-line play. I might get the games months down the road on a CAG deal but by then there's very few players logged on to play with.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I hate online achievements and trophies. For instance I know I will never get Band vs Band on any guitar hero game because not enough people play them and also matchmaking sucks.

Never. I will get up to around 70-80% just to not platinum a game. I'm spiteful and I will never have a platinum. Infact I'm thinking of getting 99% on some games just out of spite.

bread's done
Back