What game do you like that almost everyone else hates?

haha yeah Double Switch was pretty damn good.... and I paid $60 for it when it came out... oh how I kinda miss FMV games LOL

When Independence Day came out in theaters, I was in a big space shooter frenzy. I bought 3 games, ID4: The Game, Star Fighter and ____ ____ Assault (the name escapes me)

HATED ID4 which got 6's in EGM I believe, but LOVED THE HELL out of the other two which scored 4's and below haha

Solar Eclipse for the Saturn was one of my favorite games on that system. I broke it out a couple of months ago and still find it pretty enjoyable. Wow... I miss those days. And what do you know, it had FMV in it haha

There are more, I'm sure...

Good topic, OP! I like LOL

I used to love Evil Zone, a shnitty fighting game for PSX. All my friends laughed because there were soo many better fighters out there, but I just loved the super cheesy plots and characters.

[quote name='GenDV138']Thrasher Skate & Destroy[/QUOTE]

Love that game. My brother paid full price for it one year for my birthday. I refuse to get rid of it, mainly because of the price he paid and how awesome it is.

Red Faction 1 & 2

How can people hate those games?

As for me.. Driv3r, Van Helsing, Enter The Matrix, State of Emergency. I also have Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness on PC that I picked up for like.. $1.25 back in that 75% off preowned PC game sale at EB on Black Friday weekend, I am determined to (eventually) play that and I think I'll like it..

Oh, and Black and White. I'm not sure why everyone hates that game.

I loved Spawn for DC. Very fun co-op. Got terrible reviews.

Drakengard was awesome, not sure on reviews, but no one i know liked it.

I really enjoyed South Park Rally for N64. It was a bit different than your typical racer, wince you had different goals and did more than just drive in a circle. The South Park jokes were pretty damn funny too.

More recently, I enjoyed Mad Maestro quite a bit. Mainly because I liked the songs a lot though.

[quote name='Scorch']Love that game. My brother paid full price for it one year for my birthday. I refuse to get rid of it, mainly because of the price he paid and how awesome it is.

How can people hate those games?

As for me.. Driv3r, Van Helsing, Enter The Matrix, State of Emergency. I also have Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness on PC that I picked up for like.. $1.25 back in that 75% off preowned PC game sale at EB on Black Friday weekend, I am determined to (eventually) play that and I think I'll like it..

Oh, and Black and White. I'm not sure why everyone hates that game.[/QUOTE]
damn scorch, you like a bunch of crap :wink:

The Maximo games...I don't know why they didn't get the attention that Jak and Ratchet got.

In my opinion, both of the Maximo games were way better.

[quote name='bouncingsoul119']I loved Spawn for DC. Very fun co-op. Got terrible reviews.

Drakengard was awesome, not sure on reviews, but no one i know liked it.[/QUOTE]

Spawn for DC is damn good, I don't know why everyone hates on it.

I thought Enter the Matrix was fun. I also liked Commados 2 on the xbox. Friends thought I was crazy for playing an rts on the xbox. not sure if people hated it or they just never played it.

Strike Force Bowling for Xbox.

Critics bashed it hard, especially IGN. They gave it a 3.5.

Somehow, the game is Live enabled though.

Breakdown is one of my faves for the Xbox but got mediocre reviews from the critics. It sold so poorly that it was discounted to $19.99 at many stores a few weeks after it's release (like Beyond Good & Evil).

Devil May Cry 2. No it's not as pretty as the first one, but dammit that endless gauntlet mode ALONE sells the game. Plus the bosses are a lot more varied and interesting from a gameplay perspective.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']that game is crazy, by the way were you ever able to play as darth maul, the cheat never worked for me[/QUOTE]
nope, never got to play as darth maul. would've kicked ass though.

[quote name='pigeonpickup']The Maximo games...I don't know why they didn't get the attention that Jak and Ratchet got.

In my opinion, both of the Maximo games were way better.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that...

A fave of mine that others don't like...?

Postal
Mark or Kri

Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Turok Evolution, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Galerians: Ash, Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse, Legion of Excalibur, some others.

Yeah I also enjoyed Turok:Evolution. Of course, I quit playing it in the middle of stage 8 when I got some better games from the TRU sale :)

I played the long box PS version of Lemmings 3D for weeks until I beat all 100 levels. I love the game and thought it was a great puzzler - but it got really horrible reviews. I think the camera controls were the biggest problem, but if you could get past that issue, there is a really solid game there. I haven't played anything like it since.

Most Grandia fans hate on Grandia Xtreme. I actually love it. The story may be subpar but the it has the most refined version of my favorite battle system - plus amusingly bad voice acting by Dean Cain and Lisa Loeb!

Gotta say Frequency and Amplitude for PS2. Vagrant Story for Ps1. General Chaos and Lost Vikings for Genesis (dunno bout the reviews, but these games rocked!)

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Victorious Boxers[/QUOTE]
Gotta definitly second that. Another game that comes to mind is urban reign

Seek and Destroy and Tiny Tank

Both are games where you get to be a Friggin tank, a talking tank too. The first one is in line with the Choro-q people so everything has really odd porportions while the second is an old PS game that I saw in EB the other day.

[quote name='mentos888']um, war of the monsters? at least most critics hate it...[/QUOTE]

that games awesome, although i don't think it really counts b/c it got some good reviews too

it's not a ps2 or ps1 game, but it IS a psp game...i really enjoyed "The Con" on PsP while noone else seems to..

i also like the maximo games...and manhunt

[quote name='Gameboy415']Mick & Mack: Global Gladiators for Sega Genesis.

Its some insane McDonald's sponsored game that is basically 2 kids with goo-spitting (yes, its very very wrong) guns that are out to fight pollution. And what happens when you beat the game? YOU GET TO EAT DINNER AT MCDONALDS WITH RONALD MCDONALD!!

![/QUOTE]

Man why did you spoil it for me!! lol I was trying to beat that yesterday.
I loved Alundra 2 when it came out, challenges puzzles, touching music.
I didn't really read reviews back then, every game was almost equally fun, and I actually beat them all , not like now lol

I second Shaq-Fu, old guy with the staff can whoop anyones ass, does like 20 flips when he jumps

The game I like that almost everyone else hates is romance series.The game mechanic is slightly tuned each series and story is always the same,but I always average about 100-200 hours each romance game.When TRU sold Romance X for $10 I jump all over on that.

Great Topic Op! I'll post more when I remember...

Star Wars Ep 1 for psx(my first psx game)
Quest 64
Final Fantasy 8(seems to be a lot of people who bash it so they can fanboy FF7)
Sno-Cross Championship Racing
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
specops_boxshot.jpg

Pariah (Xbox), I'll admit the storyline sucked, but I thought it was fun. I also enjoyed XIII (PC). I also noticed someone posted Red Faction 1 and 2, I also liked those games, however Red Faction 1 was the best in the series.

"Gotta say Frequency and Amplitude for PS2"

Those are two of the most-liked games of all time. This isn't an "underrated" game topic, it's one that other people hate =p. I've never met anyone who plays Amp and didn't fall in love with it.

For my choice, it has to be Armada on Dreamcast. Nobody really likes this game, and it's only rave review was from IGN; ODCM panned it hard.

EDIT: Sonic Adventure 2 also comes to mind. Terrible voice acting and generally horrible music, a terrible camera, and two of the six characters are unplayably boring at times, and the Chao minigame sucks up hours upon hours with very little reward. Still it's almost my favorite game of all time -_-.

bread's done
Back