What games am I missing?

Draekon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been meaning to ask this somewhere and figured this might be the best forum to post it in. The official Playstation forum and GameFAQs don't seem to know anything beyond Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, and Resident Evil so I'd get nowhere there. Other ones are far and few in between but in the end I think CAG might be the best place to ask.

Anyways, these two lists are my PS2 and PSX collection as well as my future buys that are already out that I don't own yet. It's easier to just combine owned and yet-to-down than doing each one seperate. I'm not including any pre-order games in the list as I keep good track of future releases now-a-days.

Some exceptions I hold no interest in is the Metal Gear and Resident Evil series, so please don't suggest them. I also have no interest in spots games, fighting games, or racing games so don't bother with them either please. I don't classify beat'em-up as fighting so feel free to recommend them, especially co-op ones. Imports welcomed too.

** Added Later by Recommendation

PS2
.hack//G.U. vol. 1//Rebirth
.hack//Infection
.hack//Mutation
.hack//Outbreak
.hack//Quarantine
Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Atelier Lilie: Salburg no Renkin Jutsushi 3 (Import)
Atelier Marie + Elie (Import)
Atelier Yudie: Gram Nato no Renkin Jutsushi (Import)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Bouncer, The
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Castle Shikigami 2 **
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness **
Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms
Contra: Shattered Soldier **
Culdcept **
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore
Demon Stone
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening **
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Drakenguard
Drakenguard 2
Dual Hearts
Dynasty Warriors 3
Ephemeral Fantasia
Evergrave
Extermination
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII CE
Forever Kingdom
Front Mission 4
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Goblin Commander
God Hand **
God of War
God of War II **
Gradius V **
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grandia II
Grandia III
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser Generations Deluxe
Growlanser IV: Return (Import)
Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of the Time (Import)
Growlanser V: Generations (Import)
ICO
Jade Cocoon 2
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy **
Jak II **
Jak 3 **
Katamari Damacy
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (Import)
La Pucelle Tactics
Langrisser III (Import)
Langrisser IV & V Final Edition (Import)
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Legend of Alon Dar, The
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Saga
Midnight Club
MS Saga: A New Dawn
Musashi Samurai Legend
NEO Contra
Okage Shadow King
Okami
Onimusha: Warlords
Phantom Brave
Radiata Stories
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Red Faction
Red Faction II
Red Star, The
Rez **
Rise of Kasai
Rogue Galaxy
Romancing SaGa
Sega Ages Vol. 01: Phantasy Star Generation (Import)
Sega Ages Vol. 17: Phantasy Star Generation 2 (Import)
Sega Ages Vol. 18: Dragon Force (Import)
Sega Ages Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes (Import)
Sega Ages Vol. 27: Panzer Dragoon (Import)
Sega Ages Vol. 29: Monster World Complete (Import)
SEGA Genesis Collection
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Shadow of the Colossus
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga I
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga II
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shining Force EXA
Shining Force NEO
Shining Tears
Shinobi **
Socom II: U.S. Navy Seals
Soldier of Fortune Gold Edition
Space Channel 5 Special Edition
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
State of Emergency
Steambot Chronicles
Stella Dues: The Gate of Eternity
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden Tactics
Suikoden V
Summon Night 3 (Import)
Summon Night 4 (Import)
Summon Night EX: These Wings of Dawn (Import)
Summoner
Summoner 2
Tales of Destiny II (Import)
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Rebirth (Import)
Tales of the Abyss
Timesplitters
Unlimited Saga
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Violet no Atelier (Import)
We

Very nice list, jw how many of those have the GH logo? Anyway I'd reccomend:

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
DMC3
DMC3: Special edition
GOW II
Jak Series. (1-3)
Onimusha 2,3,and 4

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Very nice list my man, jw how many of those have the GH logo?[/quote]

Not a single PS2 game does and in my PSX collection sadly Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy VII but will some day be replaced and I'll sell off the GH versions. Use to have the originals but they broke in a moving accident where I lost a whole box of PC games and a small handful of PSX.

[quote name='Draekon']Not a single PS2 game does and in my PSX collection sadly Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy VII but will some day be replaced and I'll sell off the GH versions. Use to have the originals but they broke in a moving accident where I lost a whole box of PC games and a small handful of PSX.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats so awesome man congrats on not having any PS2 GH games. Sucks about your PSX games but hey it's only two not that bad considering the amount of games you have.

Gitaroo Man for the PS2 i say is a definete must simply because its an odd fun story that makes you actually want to play a rhythm game.

Godhand definetly deserves a spot on there too.

Cookie & Cream for co-op games.

But if youre including future pre-order titles i'd say Odin Sphere (out later this month), Persona 3 (in July with artbook and soundtrack included) and Atelier Iris 3 to complete your American colleciton of it (plus it's $40 and comes with an artbook). Other then that I know Japan should be getting Ar Tonelico 2 sometime soon, though dont know if its coming to America or not.

[quote name='bardockkun']Gitaroo Man for the PS2 i say is a definete must simply because its an odd fun story that makes you actually want to play a rhythm game.[/quote]

Not into music (believe it or not) but sometimes the games are rather fun. I skipped it before I started trying music and rhythm games since I have no interest in music but have picked up a few like Elite Beat Agents and enjoyed it a lot. May consider getting it now.

[quote name='bardockkun']Cookie & Cream for co-op games.[/quote]

Cookie & Cream? The hell kindof name is that? lol. I'll look into that more before I add it to the list.

[quote name='bardockkun']But if youre including future pre-order titles i'd say Odin Sphere (out later this month), Persona 3 (in July with artbook and soundtrack included) and Atelier Iris 3 to complete your American colleciton of it (plus it's $40 and comes with an artbook). Other then that I know Japan should be getting Ar Tonelico 2 sometime soon, though dont know if its coming to America or not.[/quote]

Already have all those pre-ordered. Though I'm wondering if Persona 3 will include the continuation FES in it here in America. I also wish they'd import the better Atelier games to the US, heh. Hell even the main Summon Night series would be great to see over here.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Have you beaten them all?[/quote]

A vast majority of the ones I do own on the list, yeah. I don't have a lot of imports yet so most of them I haven't beat yet but am working on Summon Night 4 and EX right now. There are a few I haven't even opened out of the sealed packaging yet but with how many other games that have been coming out that I've been anticipating recently it's hard to get myself to play and beat them.

...Need to finish Rogue Galaxy and Ar Tonelico too... At the last dungeon in both and haven't touched the game in weeks. -_-

That is a pretty nasty collection, Draekon. Actually, I think I will use it as point of reference for future purchases of my own!

[quote name='Draekon']A vast majority of the ones I do own on the list, yeah. I don't have a lot of imports yet so most of them I haven't beat yet but am working on Summon Night 4 and EX right now. There are a few I haven't even opened out of the sealed packaging yet but with how many other games that have been coming out that I've been anticipating recently it's hard to get myself to play and beat them.

...Need to finish Rogue Galaxy and Ar Tonelico too... At the last dungeon in both and haven't touched the game in weeks. -_-[/quote]

That's awesome, but I would recommend you RE4 if you don't have a gamecube and Silent Hill 2, unless you don't like those kind of games at all. It's all about what games you want.

Here's a few PS2 games to consider:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Gradius V
Gradius III/IV
Twisted Metal Black
Way of the Samurai
Way of the Samurai 2
Shinobi

Have you ever tried a game in the Armored Core series? I see you don't have one on either list. The Tenchu series also might be something to look into, though you might not enjoy them if you don't like stealth games such as Metal Gear.

I would also recommend Timesplitters 2 and 3, unless you already have those for another system.

Try to track down a copy of Culdcept. It's a fantastic card battle/board game that's a bit of a niche title but it might be right up your alley.

Drakan: The Ancients' Gate - A very underrated action-RPG.

Otherwise, that is a heck of a nice collection especially for RPG's; I'm jealous.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']That's awesome, but I would recommend you RE4 if you don't have a gamecube and Silent Hill 2, unless you don't like those kind of games at all. It's all about what games you want.[/quote]

Tried Resident Evil 4 and while I like it better than the older games, it's not something I could push myself to buy. Zombie games haven't been really big with me and neither has horror but on rare occasions I do buy games here and there from genres I'm not normally interested in. Also tried the first Silent Hill but didn't like it at all.

[quote name='onikage']Here's a few PS2 games to consider:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Gradius V
Gradius III/IV
Twisted Metal Black
Way of the Samurai
Way of the Samurai 2
Shinobi

Have you ever tried a game in the Armored Core series? I see you don't have one on either list. The Tenchu series also might be something to look into, though you might not enjoy them if you don't like stealth games such as Metal Gear.

I would also recommend Timesplitters 2 and 3, unless you already have those for another system.[/quote]

Gradius the bane of my existance... At least the original on NES was. Actually have the Gradius Collection on PSP. I'll probably go ahead and add Gradius V to the list as well as Contra.

Played Armored Core and the first was ok but I didn't like the later installments much. And yeah, I don't care much for stealth games.

I have Timesplitters 2 on Gamecube but I never bought 3 for whatever reason. May grab Future Perfect but undecided on what platform I would want it on. Probably wouldn't get it on Xbox since it's not backwards compatible and it's a big pain to pull out old consoles every single time I want to play an older game. The online play wouldn't be used by me so it may be best to get it for the Cube.

I'll look into the rest. Will probably add Shinobi to the list though since I hear a lot about it all the time and wouldn't mind playing it. Though I hear a lot about the ending too, lol.

[quote name='dopa345']Try to track down a copy of Culdcept. It's a fantastic card battle/board game that's a bit of a niche title but it might be right up your alley.

Drakan: The Ancients' Gate - A very underrated action-RPG.

Otherwise, that is a heck of a nice collection especially for RPG's; I'm jealous.[/quote]

CULDCEPT! I always search ebay while I'm at work but never add it to my excel sheet game list that I carry around on my thumb drive with me, lol. Always wanted to play it.

[quote name='Draekon']Not into music (believe it or not) but sometimes the games are rather fun. I skipped it before I started trying music and rhythm games since I have no interest in music but have picked up a few like Elite Beat Agents and enjoyed it a lot. May consider getting it now.[/quote] Gitaroo Man is from the same people responsible for EBA. Though in my opinion Gitaroo man is the far superior game.

Also Cookie & Cream is basically a puzzle/platform game meant just for co-op. One of the lesser known gems, but great fun with friends.

As for Persona 3 FES, according to all my fellow CAG's so far it isnt coming, but that may change depending on sales for it.

bread's done
Back