What games are in your 'sealed' stack?

callmesteam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
First, if there is a thread about the piles of games we've accumulated and never played, it's damned hard to find... so please excuse the double post if it exists.

As Cheap Ass Gamers, I'm sure many of us have piles and piles of unopened or unplayed games that we got at a great price, and just haven't had the time to dig into.

What games are in your stack?

Mine are under the cut:
iconxbox360.gif

Bomberman : Act Zero
AllPro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017
The Outfit
Superman Returns

iconds.gif

Brain Boost: Beta Wave
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
Chocobo Tales
Math Play

iconxbox_r2.gif

Stacked
Battlestar Galactica
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
NHL Rivals

icongbasp_r1.gif

Spiderman/Spiderman 2 Bundle
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: Kaznapped!

icongamecube.gif
DonkeyKong Jungle Beat
DonkeyKonga 2
Geist
One Piece Pirates: Carnival
StarFox Assault
Super Bubble Pop

iconps2_r2.gif
Justice League Heroes
Evil Dead Regeneration
Rygar
24: The Game
Everquest Online Adventures
DDRMax2
The Bouncer
EyeToy Groove
Herdy Gerdy
Legacy of Kain
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
Primal
Mark Davis' Pro Bass Challenge
Rise of the Kasai
The Suffering: Ties that Bind
Viewtiful Joe 2
Rogue Ops
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

Total: 39 Games

I have none that I haven't unwrapped.

Unplayed I have:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2
Orange Box (though I did beat Portal)

And that's it. I made a goal of not having a back log this generation (not buying games until I need a new one to play), and have done pretty well at it so far.

I have so many it's hard to name. Here's a few though: All the Final Fantasies for GBA, Okami, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for PSP, Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness (PSP), DDR Universe, Flash Focus (DS), Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS), Puzzle Quest (DS/PSP), and MANY others. This CAG way of life really means you buy a LOT more than you need, even if you're in fact saving money (in theory). It's really funny. Goozex doesn't help me either as I have WAY more games than I'll ever need and still getting more every day haha.

usually open my games and dont play them :lol:
but i actually do have a game still sealed atm
fire pro wrestling returns

Ever since I bought a DVD and it was missing the second disc, I always open all of my games, movies etc. I would hate to have a sealed game for a long time only to find that when you open it, there is something wrong or missing with the game. There's also the fact that you may not even have the receipt anymore so then you're stuck with a dud.

Killer 7 GC is the only one sealed.

Unplayed? Grim Grimoire, Xenosaga 3, and Baten Kaitos are the ones that instantly enter my thoughts, but there are plenty more unbeaten.

If your not keeping a game for collecting reasons then you should open your games. For all you know there could be an AOL cd in those games or no disk at all. It has happened to me, and other CAGs here on the site.

[quote name='ryanbph']xbox 360

assasins creed
orange box
kane & lynch
mass effect
bioshock
viva pinata
call of duty 3

ps3
uncharted[/quote]

Dang! Those are all AAA titles! not old, stale, cheap titles... i've been holding off on Mass Effect until I finish Galaxy or Zack and Wiki... it could be a while.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have none that I haven't unwrapped.

Unplayed I have:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2
Orange Box (though I did beat Portal)

And that's it. I made a goal of not having a back log this generation (not buying games until I need a new one to play), and have done pretty well at it so far.[/quote]

I've tried that... not buying new games until I finished the old ones, and it's helped quite a bit on 'new' titles, but i still can't pass up a deal. I've been waiting on Mass Effect, despite having a ton of gift cards in my pocket from old trades. That $8.96 CC sale last week didn't help anything.

:ds:
custom robo arena
phoenix wright 2
phoenix wright 3
dragon quest heroes: rocket slime

:ps2:
gungrave
gungrave overdose
okami

[quote name='KingDox']If your not keeping a game for collecting reasons then you should open your games. For all you know there could be an AOL cd in those games or no disk at all. It has happened to me, and other CAGs here on the site.[/quote]

Well for PS2 games, there is a distinct noise you can hear if you tap the side of a case with a game in it.

Other systems I don't know about.

:xbox:
Psychonauts
Sid Meir's Pirates (Trade my open copy that I'd already played)
Advent Rising
Conflict Vietnam
Urbz
Mechassault (Best of Platinum Hits)
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Driver Parallel Lines
Drake and the 99 Dragons (I just had to be the owner of the worse Xbox game :p)
Blinx 2

The Great Escape
Ultimate Spiderman CE (Own an open copy on Xbox)

:wii:
Trauma Center: New Blood

:gc:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Guitar Hero II (game only)

:psp:
Christmas with the Kranks (UMD)
Burnout Dominator
Daxter
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
PoPoLoCrois

:ds:
Lunar Knights: Vampire Hunters

[quote name='callmesteam']Dang! Those are all AAA titles! not old, stale, cheap titles... i've been holding off on Mass Effect until I finish Galaxy or Zack and Wiki... it could be a while.[/quote]

some of them were xmass gifts...I had preordered assains creed over a year ago at play asia, and had forgotten about it....3 of them I got with the toys r us buy 3 get 1 free sale, as I bought games for my mother to give to either me, my brother or my cousin and I had to buy 2 games for friends xmass gifts...so in the end I needed to buy 5 games...i just added 3 to the total and got 2 of them for free.

Sealed but unplayed, will open when I get around to playing it:

Touch Detective 2 1/2
Phantom Hourglass
Metroid Zero Mission

Sealed but unplayed, will buy a 2nd copy to play when I get around to it:

Wild Arms 5
Persona 3
Ar Tonelico
SMT: Devil Summoner
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Growlanser: Heritage of War

Played already, just have a sealed copy for the collection:

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2
SMT: Nocturne (1st Printing)
Growlanser Generations Deluxe
Makai Kingdom
La Pucelle Tactics
Disgaea
Phantom Brave (special edition)
Stella Deus
Gradius 5
Atelier Iris 1
Zelda 1 (GBA)
Zelda 2 (GBA)
Zelda 4 Swords (GBA)
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Super Robot Taisen 1 (GBA)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (GC)

[quote name='callmesteam']I've tried that... not buying new games until I finished the old ones, and it's helped quite a bit on 'new' titles, but i still can't pass up a deal. I've been waiting on Mass Effect, despite having a ton of gift cards in my pocket from old trades. That $8.96 CC sale last week didn't help anything.[/QUOTE]

I don't have too much problem with passing up deals. I tend to buy most games I want to play somewhere around launch and just sell them off when I'm done with them. So it's not all that often that there's a must play in the $8.96 type sales for me that I haven't already played.

That or I'll just wait for them to hit $20, I'm too lazy to do much deal hunting.

[quote name='Liquid 2']None.

Backlogs are stupid.[/quote]
Agreed. If you're not going to play your games, give them to me so I can play them.

[quote name='Fragonard']Agreed. If you're not going to play your games, give them to me so I can play them.[/quote]

Well the idea is to get them while they're cheap and enjoy them without worrying about rare games and such.

Truth be told, I hate having a backlog, and I've got about 25 sealed PS2/GBA games.

I intend to play every single game in my backlog eventually. Thankfully, this generation I only see a handful of games I really must play.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Sealed but unplayed, will open when I get around to playing it:

Touch Detective 2 1/2
Phantom Hourglass
Metroid Zero Mission

Sealed but unplayed, will buy a 2nd copy to play when I get around to it:

Wild Arms 5
Persona 3
Ar Tonelico
SMT: Devil Summoner
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Growlanser: Heritage of War

Played already, just have a sealed copy for the collection:

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2
SMT: Nocturne (1st Printing)
Growlanser Generations Deluxe
Makai Kingdom
La Pucelle Tactics
Disgaea
Phantom Brave (special edition)
Stella Deus
Gradius 5
Atelier Iris 1
Zelda 1 (GBA)
Zelda 2 (GBA)
Zelda 4 Swords (GBA)
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Super Robot Taisen 1 (GBA)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (GC)[/quote]If you feel a tingling sensation running down your left arm right now, that's my burning rage.

Still sealed, never played:

Stranglehold
Doom 3
Burnout Revenge
Big Bumpin'
Pocket Bike Racer
Getting Up
Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf LE
Lumines 2
Jam Sessions
Death Jr. 2

Just not enough hours in the day.

When I buy a game, I open it the second I get home and at least play it for a few mintues. I may not get back to it for a long time, but at least I played it for a bit.

[quote name='Fragonard']When I buy a game, I open it the second I get home and at least play it for a few mintues. I may not get back to it for a long time, but at least I played it for a bit.[/QUOTE]
Me too. It would drive me insane to have a game sitting there I've never played.

Let's see...Mass Effect, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, and Assassins Creed (ps3). I have only COD4 to blame. DAMN that addictive multiplayer.

I got a few games for Christmas that I haven't gotten to yet...

Time Crisis 4
Flash Focus
Brain Age 2
Super Mario Galaxy

I usually try to complete a game before moving on to the next one.

My sealed list..
:gc::Baiten kaitos:Origins, Geist, Metroid Prime 2

:ps2::FFXII

:ds::Lunar knights, Children of Mana, Magical Starshine, Skurge, Trace Memory, Lost Magic

Just checked, I have 147 sealed games. No way in hell am I typing that shit out.

And no way in hell am I going to play through all of them.

:)

Only one I have is Persona 3. I got it on clearance, figured it'd be one of a few chances to get it for $30, have no time for it yet. Might as well keep it sealed, if I ever really get sick of seeing it on the shelf and not having time, it'll be worth more.

I currently have Call of Juarez, Monster Maddness, Bladestorm: The Hundread Years War, and WarTech all for 360 still sealed. I just really haven't had time to play them yet between Blue Dragon, CoD4 and EDF:2017.

Good lord, what games DON'T I have in my "sealed" stack? :rofl:

It has got to be at least 100. And this is after I had a "clearance" on eBay before Christmas to get rid of a lot of kids games for the Gamecube that I have bought over the last few years thanks to CAG, but which my kids have never shown any interest in. At least I made money on every one of them (sold 'em cheap compared to MSRP, but more than I paid), so that was good... I'd do it again with more of my own games but there isn't another Christmas for a while (to get those higher purchase prices ;)). At least I freed up enough space (which was more important than the money) to move most of the stacks of games in my office onto the closet shelf. ALMOST enough space...

[quote name='Fragonard']When I buy a game, I open it the second I get home and at least play it for a few mintues. I may not get back to it for a long time, but at least I played it for a bit.[/quote]

i did this for a while, but what happens is i would play through the tutorial, then come back to it several months later and have no idea what the controls are because im already past the tutorial. i decided to just wait until i had some time to devote to them.

i could write up a whole other list of games that i'm just on the second level of from doing this...

None. I have a huge backlog, but every game I buy is one I intend to play, so I see no reason to leave it in its wrapper.

I had around 40 unplayed games last time i checked. If we talk unbeaten that number is probably 100+.

Well about 99% of the time I open a game as soon as I get it and play it for at least a little while. This Christmas I got so many games that I still have one that I didn't open and this is basically the only time it has ever happened, so here's my one game: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

I mostly have less-well-reviewed 360 games that I got cheap (although I have Ape Escape 3 on PS2 sealed and no PS2 to play it on.)

360 games

Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Bionicle Heroes
World Chapionship Poker
Bullet Witch
Blitz the League
DDR Universe
Open Season
Farcry Predator
Hour of Victory
MOH: Airbourne

Just before the holidays I opened a bunch of games I was keeping sealed to take back to the UK with me to play there. Things like Stuntman Ignition, Stranglehold, Spiderman 3, Pimp My Ride, Tomb Raider Anniversary etc.

bread's done
Back