What games do you think have the best story???

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I never played Shenmue 2. Is the story really good? Plus does the X-Box version have English voice overs?[/QUOTE]

Shenmue 2's story is quite good, in my opinion. Especially during the later chapters of the game.

And yes, the X-Box version does have English voice overs.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Shenmue 2's story is quite good, in my opinion. Especially during the later chapters of the game.

And yes, the X-Box version does have English voice overs.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm about to pick up an X-Box for free and this is one of the games on my hit list. I can expect the voice acting to be pretty bad, right?

Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid :Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty
Solid Snake

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Cool, I'm about to pick up an X-Box for free and this is one of the games on my hit list. I can expect the voice acting to be pretty bad, right?[/QUOTE]

yea its not great, but par for the course with the original. I think it gets bashed a little too much but bad voice overs do not bother me (though I love it when companies go all out with voice overs because it makes the experience a hell of a lot better).

as far as the game is concerned, it is amazing. Lot more action and the story goes a lot farther. Definately worth playing through

[quote name='CaseyRyback']yea its not great, but par for the course with the original. I think it gets bashed a little too much but bad voice overs do not bother me (though I love it when companies go all out with voice overs because it makes the experience a hell of a lot better).

as far as the game is concerned, it is amazing. Lot more action and the story goes a lot farther. Definately worth playing through[/QUOTE]

Honestly I kinda liked the crappy, dry voice acting in Shenmue. I was definatly entertaining.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Honestly I kinda liked the crappy, dry voice acting in Shenmue. I was definatly entertaining.[/QUOTE]

then you will enjoy it in Shenmue 2 as well. Make sure to work the docks with Delin

As mentioned before:

Silent Hill
Legacy of Kain

But by far, the best plot (that I bet goes over the top of most people's heads with it's esoteric occult theme)

Xenosaga!!!

[quote name='camoor']As mentioned before:

Silent Hill
Legacy of Kain

But by far, the best plot (that I bet goes over the top of most people's heads with it's esoteric occult theme)

Xenosaga!!![/QUOTE]

didn't go over my head, but it did go in one ear and out the other :p

I thought they were on to something with ep 1. then, ep 2 was completely uncalled for. they could've fit in more content, with less dramatics, and covered more ground. instead we were forced to watch cutscene after cutscene regarding the dynamics of Albedo, Gaignan and Juniors relationship-- which could've been summed up in about 5 minutes tops.

sorry for the rant, but I feel completely burned by that series.

[quote name='Apossum']didn't go over my head, but it did go in one ear and out the other :p

I thought they were on to something with ep 1. then, ep 2 was completely uncalled for. they could've fit in more content, with less dramatics, and covered more ground. instead we were forced to watch cutscene after cutscene regarding the dynamics of Albedo, Gaignan and Juniors relationship-- which could've been summed up in about 5 minutes tops.

sorry for the rant, but I feel completely burned by that series.[/QUOTE]

LoL I havent played ep 2 yet.

But seriously, I played ep 1 before I knew what was going on and thought it was sweet. When I learned what it was really all about - it blew my mind.

Ep. 1 sets up a nice serve, Ep.2 whiffs it....that's the best way i can describe it. I'd just skip 2 and watch the recap DVD that will probably come with ep.3 :)

as you can probably tell, i do like Futurama. I have played the game, and it isnt the greatest but i like futurama so i enjoyed the game also. The cut scenes were definatly worth it.

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you enjoy the Futurama series, you may be able to trudge through the mediocre gameplay in order to watch the cinema scenes which unfold like an episode of Futurama and are quite funny and the show's style of humor is maintained during the gameplay. It's fairly short, about 6 or 7 hours, so you don't have to endure for too long, and the good news is, once you see the scenes the first time there unlocked in the theatre mode so you can watch them whenever you want :).[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back