What games have you preordered or will preorder?

ready4war

CAGiversary!
What the title says, what games have you preordered or will preorder?

Games I have Preordered
Splinter Cell Blacklist -- 360
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Limited Edition -- Wii U
Pokemon X -- 3DS​
Pokemon Y -- 3DS​
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW! Collectors Edition-- 3DS​
Wii Party U -- Wii U​
Watch Dogs -- Wii U​
 ​
Games I will Preorder
Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby In 8 Bit Land -- 3DS​
Super Mario 3D World -- Wii U​

Current preorders:

:360: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
:ps3: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
:360: Fable Anniversary
:360: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
:360: Ultra Street Fighter IV
:360: Destiny
:ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Also planning on importing the Japanese :ps3: version of Lightning Returns next month since it doesn't hit the US until February.

Don't have any game preorders right now... that is, if you don't include three Kickstarters that I've backed.

My previous preorders for 2013 releases:
:pc: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm CE
:3ds: Etrian Odyssey IV
:wii: Pandora's Tower
:3ds: Rune Factory 4
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
:3ds: Project X Zone
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

I don't think I've ever preordered so many games in one year @_@

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never preordered a game. When I get games on day one I never have trouble finding it. Why do people preorder? For the preorder bonuses or just to make sure you get the game on day one?

Edit: I did preorder SSBBrawl when I first got my wii.

I've never preordered a game. When I get games on day one I never have trouble finding it. Why do people preorder? For the preorder bonuses or just to make sure you get the game on day one?

Mainly for the preorder bonuses. Although I can remember a time where preorder bonuses had physical items like posters or figurines.

Anyway, my preorders for this year included:

The Last of Us

Killzone Mercenary

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

and of course, Playstation 4

Don't have any game preorders right now... that is, if you don't include three Kickstarters that I've backed.

So many quick drops too.

Mirror of Fate and GoW Judgment for me...

Ouch.

BioShock Infinite Songbird edition too.

I don't think I'll preorder again.

A lot of times Newegg and Amazon have deals on preorders. So when I preorder, it's usually because of a deal or because I want the game on release and don't really buy things in store anymore. Or I'll preorder if there's a LE I want to ensure I get it, like I did with Windwaker HD. And theoretically a cool preorder bonus could get me to preorder, but nowadays it seems that most preorder bonuses are just little digital things I don't care about.

I only preorder if I just want the game day one. And I only preorder from amazon.

Maybe some decent in game bonus content could get me to preorder. I couldn't careless about art books, knickknack a etc. I have no interest in that stuff. I don't even collect games (sell after beating), much less game memorabilia.

Mainly for the preorder bonuses. Although I can remember a time where preorder bonuses had physical items like posters or figurines.
A lot of times Newegg and Amazon have deals on preorders. So when I preorder, it's usually because of a deal or because I want the game on release and don't really buy things in store anymore. Or I'll preorder if there's a LE I want to ensure I get it, like I did with Windwaker HD. And theoretically a cool preorder bonus could get me to preorder, but nowadays it seems that most preorder bonuses are just little digital things I don't care about.
Fair enough. Now that I think about it I actually preordered more than I let on. Earlier this year I preordered Bioshock infinite because it had $35 worth of credit and Xcom: enemy unknown for free.

Why do people preorder?
1. Preorder bonus DLC. I like DLC, what can I say.

2. Deals such as the gift certs that Amazon and Best Buy frequently offer sometimes neutralize the advantage of waiting. Why would I wait 6 or 8 months to get GTA5 for $40 when that same deal was available on day one?* I recently preordered a bunch of stuff at Amazon when they had that reusable 20% off coupon that was briefly available.

3. Sometimes I just want to play a game as soon as it's available, and I buy everything online anyway so I may as well put in the order in advance.

*I realize there are caveats here. For me personally, I buy things frequently enough at Amazon and Best Buy that $60 out of pocket plus a $20 cert to use on my next purchase is not that different from $40 out of pocket.

Aw yeah, Kickstarter backer buddy. I technically have Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, and Torment: Tides of Numenera "preordered" (though I didn't actually back Wasteland 2). Unfortunately, Project Eternity is looking like it's going to come out when I'm working up north and I won't be able to play it for a couple months after its release, anyway.

The only games I've ever actually properly preordered were Xcom and Tales of Symphonia.

I haven't pre-ordered a whole lot recently, but this is what I have pre-ordered at the moment: 

Assassin's Creed IV (xbox 360)

Watch Dogs (Xbox One)

Batman Arkham Origins (PS3)

I don't have anything preordered, except for my PS4, and GTA V was really my only preorder of the year. I generally only do it if there's a good credit/cert deal attached. I preordered quite a few games last year thanks to Best Buy's big push.

Aw yeah, Kickstarter backer buddy. I technically have Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, and Torment: Tides of Numenera "preordered" (though I didn't actually back Wasteland 2).
I threw money into a fire pit once, so I guess I'm technically a Kickstarter backer too.

Why do people preorder? For the preorder bonuses or just to make sure you get the game on day one?
In addition to preorder/first-run bonuses, in many cases it's because it's a niche game that I want to support. There are also a few cases where I absolutely do want to play the game day one (or as close to it as possible), and it's much easier for me to do so via an Amazon preorder than going to a Best Buy or what have you on launch day.

Aw yeah, Kickstarter backer buddy. I technically have Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, and Torment: Tides of Numenera "preordered" (though I didn't actually back Wasteland 2). Unfortunately, Project Eternity is looking like it's going to come out when I'm working up north and I won't be able to play it for a couple months after its release, anyway.
Right now I have Barkley 2, Project Phoenix, and Cosmic Star Heroine backed. They're pretty much all in the "niche game support" realm of preorders, so they can take their time in getting completed, as far as I'm concerned. Argh about the Project Eternity thing, though :/

I threw money into a fire pit once, so I guess I'm technically a Kickstarter backer too.
Ouch. You bought Little Inferno?

In addition to preorder/first-run bonuses, in many cases it's because it's a niche game that I want to support. There are also a few cases where I absolutely do want to play the game day one (or as close to it as possible), and it's much easier for me to do so via an Amazon preorder than going to a Best Buy or what have you on launch day.

Right now I have Barkley 2, Project Phoenix, and Cosmic Star Heroine backed. They're pretty much all in the "niche game support" realm of preorders, so they can take their time in getting completed, as far as I'm concerned. Argh about the Project Eternity thing, though :/
Uh-oh. I hope your husband at least backed PE; otherwise, I think he gets kicked out of the hivemind.

For real, though, Project Phoenix is going to be the Charge of the Light Brigade, only with more nerds involved and nobody will write poems about it.

Uh-oh. I hope your husband at least backed PE; otherwise, I think he gets kicked out of the hivemind.
Ayup, and Project Phoenix as well, though I don't know why, since one of my backer rewards is an extra copy of the game. In general, he's a bit more active on Kickstarter than I am.

watch dogs, assasin creed 3 black flag, batman origins. i am still undecided whether i am going to preorder stick of truth, and battlefield 4.

Anyway, my preorders for this year included:

The Last of Us

Killzone Mercenary

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

and of course, Playstation 4
When I preordered Watch Dogs, I got a poster with it. I also got 2 of the same poster for preordering Pokemon X and Y. I did get a cool timeline poster for preordering both X and Y.

DLC is way better than physical bonuses IMO. It's something that's actually part of the game I'm going to be playing. And it's not like my wife is going to let me decorate our house with action figures and game posters anytime soon. :lol:

DLC is way better than physical bonuses IMO. It's something that's actually part of the game I'm going to be playing. And it's not like my wife is going to let me decorate our house with action figures and game posters anytime soon. :lol:
Use the basement or spare bedroom for your man cave

Current Pre-Orders:

Playstation 4

Killzone: Shadowfall

Final Fantasy XV

Kickstarters:

Armikrog

Mighty No. 9

I generally don't pre-order a lot of stuff, especially during the holiday season. It either has to be a game I really want or some kind of special edition that I really want and think will sell out fairly quickly. Pre-Ordering a new console probably isn't helping either.

bread's done
Back