what gifts do men want for valentine's day?

[quote name='Javery']Nothing for me. I'll usually buy my wife a card and have the kids sign it. I can't remember the last time I actually got anything though.[/QUOTE]

Forge a kid's signature. "I love you, Mommy. Daddy loves you, too. He would also love [insert wish]."

[quote name='perdition(troy']jeez, what kind of guy makes his girlfriend grill for him on valentines day.[/QUOTE]

One who loves his girlfriend's cooking? :lol:

Believe me, he doesn't "make" me do it. I like cooking for him. Besides, he tends to go all out with Valentine's gifts more than I do. I should be grilling steak more often to even things out.

[quote name='Clak']Very smart woman, got a gift for herself and somehow convinced you it was for you. ;)[/QUOTE]Someone get Mrs 83 a sammich!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I think the better question is what do men want the day or week after Valentine's Day. Cheap and delicious chocolate!!![/QUOTE]
Ha, you know my honey too well. Though he still thinks it's 1988 when the day after everything is 25¢.

Metaphysics, I like the idea of only doing hand-made cards. That's such a brilliant way of truly expressing yourself but also not allowing it to be a wholly commercial event.

Thanks guys, for your honesty. it's more important that I don't get an idea of what to get for Cyric, but what will mean a lot to him at any time of year. Keep all the posts coming. They're all helpful and fun to read.

Personally, I dont like Valentines Day much at all because it feels like such a commercial holiday. My girlfriend and I (about 2 years) are more the type to pick up occasional gifts for each other at random points during the year, after one of us has had a long day at work, etc. Last week my girlfriend bought me a Reese's when I saw her after work just because she knew it had been a long week and I love Reese's. Its such a simple and inexpensive gift (under $1) but because she knows me so well its a very loving gesture. Simple things like that are far better for me than some extravagant gift.

That said, some ideas:

-One of his favorite shows on Blu-Ray (that hes been holding off on buying himself)
-Quirky collectible for one of favorite shows, movies, comics, etc
-Homecooked dinner (or you treat him to takeout. But dont go out to dinner because restaurants get so crowded and neither of you will really enjoy yourselves)

[quote name='SynGamer']

Not sure why everyone goes crazy over presents for VD...[/QUOTE]

Are we doing presents for giving diseases now? Is that how things work? I can never tell any more.

agh...I don't want anything for VD. It's a time where restaurants charge more for shit than usual. Stay away from places like the melting pot.

[quote name='jza1218']Are we doing presents for giving diseases now? Is that how things work? I can never tell any more.[/QUOTE]

It's more of an apology than a gift. The VD was the "gift."

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Based on my experience with anime, you should dress up like a Japanese schoolgirl and give him shitty homemade chocolates made with like fish paste or something.[/QUOTE]

Nonono, it is BEAN paste shaped like a fish.

Forget him, the only stud you need in your life is me! =P

How serious are you guys? Maybe you can turn the table and propose to him, I know it's a cliche on Valentine but for you to do it, I guarantee he will never forget Valentines day again.

Most men love peace and quiet, buy a movie, get a bottle of wine, and enjoy the night, if you really need to buy him something buy a watch to go along with this.

If you really want to mess with him tell him your pregnant.

[quote name='guinaevere']you last few are fired. get back to answering the OP's question.[/QUOTE]Fine, geez. You women are so naggy. :p

Get him a season of a TV show he likes, cook a meal he loves but doesn't get to eat too often, maybe get him a new thingamajig that is broken or breaking down (razor, power tool, etc.).

Oh yea, and whatever outfit he finds you sexiest in.

[quote name='ajh2298']Stick it in HIS pooper for a change up, maybe?[/QUOTE]
11 posts. Sounds about right.

Seriously though, how about you let him put it in your pooper? Make this Valentine's one you'll both remember.

From what you guys have been saying I don't see how that movie is pro-torture. Granted I haven't seen it, so I can't say from my own first hand knowledge.

[quote name='munch']From what you guys have been saying I don't see how that movie is pro-torture. Granted I haven't seen it, so I can't say from my own first hand knowledge.[/QUOTE]

I think you're in the wrong thread, Munch...

[quote name='munch']From what you guys have been saying I don't see how that movie is pro-torture. Granted I haven't seen it, so I can't say from my own first hand knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Pats his hand gently, There there, sir, I think the thread you want is over here. Come on now., I'll help you find where you're going.

[quote name='eldergamer']Pats his hand gently, There there, sir, I think the thread you want is over here. Come on now., I'll help you find where you're going.[/QUOTE]

Haha

[quote name='Number83']I think you're in the wrong thread, Munch...[/QUOTE]
and here I thought he was replying to the 'sex with the lights on' request.

bread's done
Back