What happened to this place?

AftComet

CAGiversary!
All I see are tumbleweeds rolling. Every week there used to be deals, no matter how small. I miss Zelda's weekly ads.

What happened? Where is everybody?

Pretty sure everyone is still around, but there hasn't really been anything noteworthy recently. Besides the $100 3ds.

It's (almost) the summer. The games market cools and so does the electronics retailing industry. Deals will be back in September in full force!

For now get out and enjoy the sunshine... *cough* stay in and catch up on your backlog *cough*

Yeah, the deals seem few and far between lately. It does seem that PrincessZelda hasn't been around for some time, though...

If Princess is away, I'm sure it would be appreciated if someone else would pick up the weekly deals post, whether they're great, or not.

[quote name='maigoyume']Pretty sure everyone is still around, but there hasn't really been anything noteworthy recently. Besides the $100 3ds.[/QUOTE]

That's true. Everything has been pretty pathetic thus far except the 3DS like you said. I was hoping to score a PS3 for a good price but everything has been cold. Hopefully Easter brings something nice. BB usually has a sale during that time.

Ha! I was thinking the same, but like what was said earlier I think the deals have just haven't been there.

I can try to put an effort into bringing back the flyers, I get all of them on Thursday usually, even if the stores are nowhere near me.

Like Rocky suggested its a good oppertunity to maybe put a dent into that backlog... I've got 2 weeks until Witcher 2

Same here, couple buddies of mine want to get in on the PSN scene, the free online doesn't hurt either.

Don't worry about it too much, even if no one posts we still lurk :)

Yeah, retro.elite was doing a great job on the flyers, so was PrincessZelda.
Miss seeing the flyers even if there is no deals. Its nice to have them all in one place to check, and the fact they were often posted on Wednesday or Thursda meant we could check out the deals early.
I don't mind if there are no deals to be had, just like checking one place for them all.
Noticed over at RFD and TIV they've stopped posting them as well.

Also while nothing great there has been the odd deal the past few weeks like SSX for 39.99.

Microsoft's accessories are on sale again. $39.99 (reg $59.99) for their regular wireless 360 controllers, $119.99 (reg $149.99) for 320 GB slim HDD includes LEGO Star Wars III. They also have some other stuff like the 360 bluetooth headset, quick charge kit, and the chat pad that are on sale.

Futureshop also has a Trade 3 for Kinect + Kinect Star Wars.

$25 iTunes card for $20 at Walmart.

Recent sales have been pathetic. My thanks to anyone who's posted a deal in recent memory.

My backlog has grown to such a size that I can't justify buying anything that isn't heavily discounted. I'm even passing on ME3 for $30. No sense when I won't get to it for another year!

Maybe its because there are no real 'deals' in these crappy flyers anymore. Mostly just the new games that came out that week for full price. Not even worth posting.

it's hard for me to get out man.. I've seen some interesting deals. WalMart is finally putting Crystal Chronicles (GameCube) bundle on sale imeant to post that.. but man. I got a whole mess of things I'm trying to work thru. I'll try to see what I can do next week.

I think it's part of the overall changes in the industry. A lot of "deals" came from Blockbuster (GONE), Rogers (GONE), HMV (GONE), and the time of year isn't a big one for sales. There is an overall apathy right now toward buying games and seeing how poorly the new releases of the last few weeks are selling, expect those titles to drop VERY quickly (i.e. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, SSX, Ninja Gaiden, etc.)

Aye. I miss PZ aswell. She does have a family though so I guess we can't expect her to come here every week to post flyers for us bums haha

TBF RFD has been pretty slow aswell. It's just the season/quarter we're in.

I hate the first quarter for games releases! What's worse is I'm primarily a handheld gamer and as can be seen by the schedule, not much is coming out for Vita or 3DS.

But the stores also don't seem to be offering sales on games like they used to. I remember Future Shop used to at least put new games on sale ($10.00 off or so) or so within the first few weeks of release. Maybe they do it more for full size console games?

Three games that were released in the last month: SSX, FIFA Street, and Street Fighter X Tekken are all going for $40 now. Saints Row: The Third is also at $40. While Mass Effect 3 is at $30. I think these deals are better than what we had last year. I waited until fall for titles like Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, and L.A. Noire (along with Dead Rising 2 and Vanquish from late 2010) to drop to $30 and below.

I haven't receive the flyers last 2 weeks. If I get them tomorrow I will post them. Flyer delivery in my area has always been crap.

I've been using RFD, the trick is to never read past the first post, and to add that Yoda guy on your ignore list.

Spring/Summer looks to be a slow time for game deals. Even on other boards when I looked at the expired deals the best was between August-Feb. There's deals to be found but not HOT deals. Walmart has $10.00 games, same stuff Rcss had for dual packs. Very YMMV though. Ebgames should have their Summer Daily Door deals coming up in June, Walmart will probably have something in May for games. Unless Rogers Plus folds completely in Ontario like other provinces and Sears starts to close locations due to huge losses so far this year, I don't think any big deals will be coming this summer.
Don't forget about Zellers, still at very low 10-20% in electronics department at some point the % will get higher. Once it hits 30% people will start grabbing stuff so keep calling them to find out.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']I hate the first quarter for games releases! What's worse is I'm primarily a handheld gamer and as can be seen by the schedule, not much is coming out for Vita or 3DS. [/QUOTE] Work on the backlog? Pretty good time to do that.

someone mentioned Rogers Plus Gone.. now the only rogers left here is like 20 mins no more then 30 away from me. i would only go if they had a clearance as well. that's if they are still around...

As for deals i post what i see ( or hear from a friend who i think sees things on RFD but it's very little that happens ) yea things are slow .. BUT i see this as a good thing that means we save for future deals ! this way if it was big deal after big deal our wallets would cry for being all empty inside.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']someone mentioned Rogers Plus Gone.. now the only rogers left here is like 20 mins no more then 30 away from me. i would only go if they had a clearance as well. that's if they are still around...

As for deals i post what i see ( or hear from a friend who i think sees things on RFD but it's very little that happens ) yea things are slow .. BUT i see this as a good thing that means we save for future deals ! this way if it was big deal after big deal our wallets would cry for being all empty inside.[/QUOTE]
True statement. We'd have to get a second job just to pay for all the games we bought, leaving us very little time to actually play the games,lol.

@retro.elite, You don't have to wait for flyers, they are posted everywhere online. Just copy and paste the pictures into MS Paint and upload onto a file host.

[quote name='maigoyume']Work on the backlog? Pretty good time to do that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally bought a bunch of 3DS games during the Toys 'R Us Xmas sales specifically to tide me over these lean first 4 months of 2012.... Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Super Street Fighter 4 3DS... but I went through those by the end of Feb....

It's extremely annoying that the PS Vita had a few launch titles and now it's crickets for who knows how long. If they could only time 1 big title per month that might be nice. But that is also how the 3DS launch was too, I guess...

[quote name='dvdswapper']True statement. We'd have to get a second job just to pay for all the games we bought, leaving us very little time to actually play the games,lol.

@retro.elite, You don't have to wait for flyers, they are posted everywhere online. Just copy and paste the pictures into MS Paint and upload onto a file host.[/QUOTE]

haha You Know It ! I got a Backlog for sure ... why i bought Dead Space 2 the Day it was released .. and IT'S STILL SEALED ...

and that's not all i got more to it then that !

Currently on Atelier Totori and DQV. Will probably start Legendary Starfy and Kirby Super Ultra Mega Fun time soon.

Besides that a retarded amount of PS1 rpgs.....................

[quote name='jeffx']I've been using RFD, the trick is to never read past the first post, and to add that Yoda guy on your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, there are a load of morons of RFDs. They always have every deal there is, but holy moly, the sheer idiocy at times. This is one of the reasons I use CAG Canada and I like the closer knit community here much, much better.

They're all addicted to thanks, posts, and flaming. I like that CAG Canada doesn't have a rep system or post count. Everything is done for it's true purpose, and not to gain stats or some reward. Sort of like Achievements and Trophies. I kinda liked games before that. I was addicted to them at one point, but then I saw that they have no purpose. Play games for what they are: to have fun.

Kinda off topic but anyway.

[quote name='AftComet']I have to say, there are a load of morons of RFDs. They always have every deal there is, but holy moly, the sheer idiocy at times. This is one of the reasons I use CAG Canada and I like the closer knit community here much, much better.

They're all addicted to thanks, posts, and flaming. I like that CAG Canada doesn't have a rep system or post count. Everything is done for it's true purpose, and not to gain stats or some reward. Sort of like Achievements and Trophies. I kinda liked games before that. I was addicted to them at one point, but then I saw that they have no purpose. Play games for what they are: to have fun.

Kinda off topic but anyway.[/QUOTE]

the one thing i don't like about RFD is that i find if their are reposts i find some people are very Hostile towards said person, or if someone doesn't post a really good deal then some may come in and say HAHA ( or smile laugh face whatever ) and say THIS ISN'T REALLY A DEAL OP NICE TRY ANYWAY OP !

When i read these responses i think to myself, Really ? at least this person is posting something and trying being active but these people get put down for it to me it's like their pointing and laughing at these people ( well i seem to think that maybe i am wrong ) Don't get me wrong i'm not saying everyone is like that or am i picking fights with RFD cause i'm not like that. but with these kind of comments.... It doesn't have a Warm Friendly feeling over in them forums and people wonder why so many people Lurk over that website, and this is why i would never be a member at RFD i find that at least here. were more open and friendly and accept whatever post that's mentioned and for new Gamers i meet i direct them to this website hoping to get more members.

I don't mind posting the flyers for this week if no one else has the time. I don't get flyers in the mail, so if I don't see a thread Friday morning then I'll round up what I can from the store websites.

Even though it's the slow season I still don't have time to start going through my backlog. :(

bread's done
Back