What has happened to PC gaming?

That's actually one of the challenges facing PC gaming, at least from the publishers' perspective. The consoles require a high new game buy rate just to make the hardware loss-leader strategy profitable, which is why the manufactorers market games like crazy. On the PC, comparatively ancient games like StarCraft, Diablo, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, etc. are still among the most popular games on the platform. Personally, there's little urgency for me to buy very many new games because all of my favorite games are still being played and/or modded.

Definitely. PC is the place to be for longevity. One of the many reasons I believe it's actually cheaper in than console gaming. The way to go isn't toward DLC on PC, but rather toward building value with free content. It keeps your 4 year old games selling as if they just came out, several times per year.

[quote name='crystalklear64']agree with the "console game's player base drops off way fast"

my friends go through games like crazy.[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY agree with this as I am one of them. I hardly keep any games on my PS3 or 360 unless they ROCK ASS, which currently is only MGS series 1,2,3 and 4. I trade a LOT, in and out in and out like crazy. I love how PC games, multiplayer games have great, long lasting communities. I got into a few games late, for example Guild Wars and there's still a great, large community. I owned CoD4 on 360, PS3 (traded each) and finally on PC and there's still a ton of users on the PC to play with. I'm not sure why I'm playing more PC games rather than consoles recently, but I am and am loving it...

I got this 40" sammy in my living room and I haven't used it for gaming in a long while, just blu-rays/dvd's and uh TV. :shrugs: I'll probably get back into it. I think it's my lack of friends since I've moved..

bread's done
Back