What have you broken so far? Now with pictures!

Nintendo builds stuff like Tonka, the Wiimote will own alot of stuff. You should really use the strap, it'll save your ass later.

do you really have to swing the wiimote so visciously in bowling? I've never had to swing it that hard. Sucks about the laptop and TV. Wonder if the guy claims the strap broke to save face, though. I wouldn't want to admit i broke my tv because I didn't listen to a warning.

Reggie has bestowed a small amount of his power into each Wiimote.

But every time he did this, his sheer awesomeness not only regenerated that power, but gave him more.

Luckily I'm a pussy who follows directions.

I DID smack my Wiimote into the ceiling while bowling though. I make VERY full arcs upward while bowling, and I forgot about the ceiling.

It was a stalemate though. My Wiimote pwn'd nothin'.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']When the warning screen appeared today saying "Attach wrist strap and keep your distance from other objects in the room," I laughed at such a silly proposition. I don't need a fucking wrist strap, I'm a man dammit.

One shattered laptop screen and thrown Wiimote later, I've changed my position on the issue.

Picture(s) to come.

So, have you thrown/broken anything yet?

Edit: Pics!

Screen on:

Screen off

Although you can't tell from the picture, the Wiimote survived the impact to the screen and the subsequent toss virtually unscathed.

Wiimote: 1
Laptop: 0[/QUOTE]

DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the Wiimotes will break so easily. Nintendo has been known for durability (ex, xplay when they seen which console was the toughest).

But I bet. When they were making the Wiimote, they all thought. Now wait a second. Some dumbass is going be thinking he's fucking Luke Skywalker and launch this Sum' Bitch to the Moon (yes Japanese say "Sum' Bitch").

So they probably had to go back and have some interns test it by throwing it in a white room against a wall as hard as they can. And then using the math to see how long the Wiimote can take it.

And I think the reason why its not totally wireless and adding the nunchuck with the cord, is because they don't want the damn thing going off like the Challenger on some damn ceiling fan. That cord is there for a reason, for resistence on dumbassity.

But thats pretty sad though, I guess you'll learn like every other man and Grip it Tight.

You didn't seem angry or bummed in your posts, OP. Do you have a warranty on the laptop? Because if I did that to something expensive of mine, I'd be incredibly pissed.

[quote name='Puffa469']ouch! =(

I felt like a dumbass when I dropped the wiimote on the floor while unpacking my Wii earlier. Luckily it still worked when I tried it out.[/quote]

If a fall breaks the Wiimotes I'll be in trouble. I drop my TV remote about 3 times a day, and I'm not swinging it around like a maniac.

[quote name='Rig']You didn't seem angry or bummed in your posts, OP. Do you have a warranty on the laptop? Because if I did that to something expensive of mine, I'd be incredibly pissed.[/QUOTE]
Well, it isn't as bad as it sounds, but explaining it makes the story less humorous.

Nonetheless, that laptop was used daily, however, due to a charging issue, I rarely moved it for fear of losing the precious charge light (battery would drain quickly). So essentially, this laptop was more of a desktop that was used downstairs. Because of this and the fact that it has a VGA output, I was able to hook up an external monitor just fine. So yeah, as a laptop it's completely useless, but it was practically just as useless before the incident.

[quote name='6669']I know what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass:
1035672821_quizwalter.gif
[/QUOTE]

OVER THE LINE!!!! (This is Wii Bowling...there are rules)

i said it back in aug that people will be breaking stuff swinging the controller around and everyone said it would never happen

TOLD YOU SO : )

It's funny when it doesn't happen to you.

I haven't broken anything yet, just punched my friend in the head as I was pitching (It was a strike).

[quote name='youruglyclone']I'm seriously forcing my friends and family who use this machien to sign a release and a pledge...shit's dangerous, but I like it![/QUOTE]

QFT

Might have to ban my wife from using it when I get one. I would be sweating bullets the whole time she is playing.

OP, sorry you lost you laptop, but :lol:

I nailed a chair a good one and my husband playing tennis, but it just gives one the idea of hum... if he's making me mad we can just play tennis and i'll prob hurt him w/o out even trying to lmao.

[quote name='Rictor']If a fall breaks the Wiimotes I'll be in trouble. I drop my TV remote about 3 times a day, and I'm not swinging it around like a maniac.[/quote]

Yea, no doubt. Me and my sister beat each other with our remote. So the wiimote better be very durable!!

i hope he doesn't blame nintendo for his carelessness. the wriststraps they provide aren't there just to stare at and make u feel macho for not wearing them.

R-tard

Damn, the wiimote is dangerous. Next thing you know someone will take their wiimote to school and it'll end up injuring 523429 classmates. I can see it now, the wiimote will become the standard weapon of the U.S. army.
Now I know what to do to my enemies, I'll bring a Wii over to their house and play without the strap.

I was using the strap for a while, but it seemed like more of an annoyance than something I really needed. I've never really felt like it had any chance of flying out, but I think looking at this and thinking of what could happen to my TV if it flew off during some of those bowling shots has convinced me...

Well, I busted a lamp yesterday. I was playing the Monkey Ball minigame where you have to spin the remote around, and it slipped out of my hand. The remote went flying and obliterated my lamp.

haha omg this is one of those events where when you have a time machine, its on the to do list lol. If I had a friend who asked if I wanted to play the Wii, I'll say you'll never take me alive!^^

BTW id notebook screens can be replaced by a thirdparty company (or upgraded) for less than the manufacterer would charge, check on google as i dont have the link anymoer or remember the name

Are you factoring this into the price of a wii? Cause now the wii is more expensive then xbox360 AND ps3! I cant wait to see sony's new cost chart!

That sucks that you lost your notebook, but you can sleep well in the knowledge that you saved many people from similar fates. WHen I finally get a wii, i'll definitely be using the strap.

I just did it. I threw my Wiimote also. I was playing the Power Shot Bowling training down here in my basement when I decided to throw with my left hand instead of my right. Well, I got to the last frame (81 pins) and threw! WHAM! Straight into the ceiling went the Wiimote. It's a damn good thing it didn't go into my dad's 42" TV.
The Wiimote hit the ceiling on the underside. The battery cover flew off and the batteries and Wiimote landed nicely on the couch. I popped the batteries back in, and found the battery cover which didn't make it 100%. One of the little clips on the battery cover broke off and the other got a little bent. After wedging it back into place, the battery cover fit snuggly with a little ceiling paint on it. The Wiimote has a little rattle when shook, but other than that, it still works perfectly. Yep, the wrist strap is back on my Wiimote - and that has now become the secondary controller. I'm moving to the fresh one.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Nintendo does all these warnings for a reason. I wonder if Sony's sixaxis fucking ripoff controller has any warnings?[/QUOTE]

Sixaxis doesn't need a warning since it's only got Tilt sensitivity and not motion sensors. You won't be doing any of the same motions with the Sixaxis that you'll do with the Wiimote other than tilt.

bread's done
Back