What have you received recently?

I got a Windows Phone Knit Cap from Microsoft today. I live in Florida so I don't see myself using it, if at all.

Also, my name was drawn to receive a $50 Amazon gift card. This is the best thing that's happened to me in 2010 thus far.

Won something from a Text to Win contest, BUT "OFFERED ONLY TO
LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT
THE TIME OF GIVEAWAYENTRY."

"Thank you for participating in our Honest Tea® Text to Win sweepstakes. You are the lucky winner of a FREE lunch from D’Angelo!

If you’d like us to ship your FREE lunch certificate to you, please provide the following information:

First name:
Last name:
Shipping address:

If you’d prefer to have your FREE lunch added to your reward’s card, please provide your 16 digit reward’s card number located on the back left side of your card.

Congratulations and thanks again, we hope you enjoy your prize!

From,
The D’Angelo Team"

If anyone lives in those states and wants it, just PM me and I can e-mail in your info and CC you to the e-mail or something...or if you have a better idea. Otherwise it will just go to waste or to someone else I suppose :/ I'm not one to read fine print

[quote name='ZombieToast']You also traveled through time. Doesn't that count for something?[/QUOTE]
lol, I was wondering if anyone else caught that

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Won something from a Text to Win contest, BUT "OFFERED ONLY TO
LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT
THE TIME OF GIVEAWAYENTRY."

"Thank you for participating in our Honest Tea® Text to Win sweepstakes. You are the lucky winner of a FREE lunch from D’Angelo!

If you’d like us to ship your FREE lunch certificate to you, please provide the following information:

First name:
Last name:
Shipping address:

If you’d prefer to have your FREE lunch added to your reward’s card, please provide your 16 digit reward’s card number located on the back left side of your card.

Congratulations and thanks again, we hope you enjoy your prize!

From,
The D’Angelo Team"

If anyone lives in those states and wants it, just PM me and I can e-mail in your info and CC you to the e-mail or something...or if you have a better idea. Otherwise it will just go to waste or to someone else I suppose :/ I'm not one to read fine print[/QUOTE]

im sorry did you just ask someone for their CC?

[quote name='Tony Stark']im sorry did you just ask someone for their CC?[/QUOTE]

He meant Courtesy Copy via email. BTW that contest sounds like turds on ice. No ty.

[quote name='Tony Stark']im sorry did you just ask someone for their CC?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megazell']He meant Courtesy Copy via email. BTW that contest sounds like turds on ice. No ty.[/QUOTE]

"CC" means carbon copy.

[quote name='slowdive21']"CC" means carbon copy.[/QUOTE]

Not in email.

CC originally meant Carbon Copy. Before there were photocopiers and computers, if you wanted to make a copy of a document, you would take a piece of carbon paper and stick it between two pieces of typing paper (plain white paper). The carbon paper would have a powdery black substance (the "carbon" stuck to one side which you would face towards the bottom piece of typing paper. You take this paper "sandwich" and roll it into your typewriter. When you typed on the top sheet, the impact of the metal type would cause the black carbon to be transferred from the carbon paper to the sheet underneath. If you needed more than one copy, you just stacked another piece of carbon paper and typing paper underneath. If you made a mistake, you had to roll everything out, take apart your paper sandwich, erase the mistake from each copy (or, in later years, white it out), put the sandwich back together, roll everything back into the typewriter, and continue. Carbon Copy doesn't really have the same connotation as it did back then, so some people started calling it Courtesy Copy, even though it has the same purpose.

The original should go to the primary person or people to whom it is addressed. Carbon copies are routed to people who need to be kept in the loop as far as what is going on. For example, if you are writing a letter to a client, you may want to CC your boss so your boss knows what is going on.

And there's also something called a BCC, or Blind Carbon Copy. This is something that is unique to e-mail. Everyone on the BCC line will get a copy of the e-mail, but their e-mail address will not appear on everyone else's copy, so no one else will know that they got the e-mail. This is useful if you want to protect the privacy of the recipient.

[quote name='slowdive21']Still means carbon copy. BCC is listed as blind carbon copy, not blind courtesy copy.[/QUOTE]

If you hover your mouse around some email programs and webmails you will see it saw either 'reply all' or courtesy copy. Very few if not any still say carbon copy or blind carbon copy.

I received a Mass Effect 3 t-shirt from the Better With Kinect contest today.
It's blowing my mind because yesterday I got a Mass Effect avatar shirt from the facebook app and today I open a package with the same shirt, but it's real. It's kinda cool.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']I won a PS Vita along with $150 in GameStop giftcards. :D[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Just wondering, what was the third wiki on there were you one of the top contributor for?

[quote name='Gram']I received a Mass Effect 3 t-shirt from the Better With Kinect contest today.
It's blowing my mind because yesterday I got a Mass Effect avatar shirt from the facebook app and today I open a package with the same shirt, but it's real. It's kinda cool.[/QUOTE]

That really cool & little creepy that it matches your avatar's shirt exactly. It would have been hilarious (or super weird) if it had arrived the day before, right after you pressed the button on your computer. :lol:

First time posting in this thread so I need to catch up a little bit lol.

This is what i've recieved over the past month.

2 x NOS Lanyard - NOS Rewards
2 x Batman : Arkham City Batman Beyond Skins - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS Keychain Tire Gauge - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS MLG Blue Fitted Hat - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS License Plate Holder - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS Large Logo Shirt - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS Metal Racing Sign - NOS Rewards
1 x Coca-Cola Ceramic Cookie Jar - Coke Rewards
1 x $20 voucher for FTD.com - Coke Rewards
3 x Free Coke 12pk Coupons - Coke Rewards
1 x 3 month Club Pogo Subscription - Coke Rewards
1 x Subscription to Maxim Magazine - ????
1 x Subscription to Spin Magazine - ????

No I do not purchase and drink this much NOS or Coke. I work at a Coke warehouse and get the points off of recycled or destroyed product, therefore everything is free.

[quote name='Wchillinman']Congrats! Just wondering, what was the third wiki on there were you one of the top contributor for?[/QUOTE]
The wiki for "Where's My Water?" and technically I placed in the top three for the Mass Effect 3 guide before the contest ended, but someone jumped ahead of my just minutes after it ended and I guess they counted those edits. Thanks for asking!

Edit: I won Warp and Alan Wake from the Xbox House Party thingy.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You also traveled through time. Doesn't that count for something?[/QUOTE]

That rule about changes to the past affecting the future? Bullshit. 2012 still sucks.

But I did get a free Windows Phone knitcap from Microsoft in the mail. I don't have a use for it so I'll probably donate it towards the next CAG Charity raffle.

I was checking my other emails and apparently my #LeaveYourLegacy twitter spam paid off and I won 12,000 MSP.
The points expire in June though, so I don't know what the hell I'm going to spend the points on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gram']I was checking my other emails and apparently my #LeaveYourLegacy spam paid off and I won 12,000 MSP.
The points expire in June though, so I don't what what the hell I'm going to spend the points on.[/QUOTE]

Send some my way and I'll help ya ;)

Got another standee at work the other day and a Mass Effect 3 Pennant Flag.

FFXIII-2Promo_Standee-1.jpg

ME3_Pennant_Flag.jpg

[quote name='loc0bob']First time posting in this thread so I need to catch up a little bit lol.

This is what i've recieved over the past month.

2 x NOS Lanyard - NOS Rewards
2 x Batman : Arkham City Batman Beyond Skins - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS Keychain Tire Gauge - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS MLG Blue Fitted Hat - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS License Plate Holder - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS Large Logo Shirt - NOS Rewards
1 x NOS Metal Racing Sign - NOS Rewards
1 x Coca-Cola Ceramic Cookie Jar - Coke Rewards
1 x $20 voucher for FTD.com - Coke Rewards
3 x Free Coke 12pk Coupons - Coke Rewards
1 x 3 month Club Pogo Subscription - Coke Rewards
1 x Subscription to Maxim Magazine - ????
1 x Subscription to Spin Magazine - ????

No I do not purchase and drink this much NOS or Coke. I work at a Coke warehouse and get the points off of recycled or destroyed product, therefore everything is free.[/QUOTE]

If you have any extra points, I'll take some for a lanyard ; )

Anyways, this month I wont a 60-day swtor game card and today I won a Razer Abyssus, and the Diablo 3 beta if that counts.

Since I last posted:

I just got Borderlands 2 pre-ordered and paid off from all the amazon credit I earned on swagbucks :p

I also got 2 Schick Hydro Razers in the mail, 2 copies of Uncharted 3, a copy of Saints Row 3 on xbox 360, a coupon for free milk from a facebook promotion, a sample of Burt's Bees sensitive skin lotion, and a few other small things.

It's been awhile, I had forgotten about this thread.

4 x Free Used Computers - HP Pavillion a710n - FreeCycle.org
4 x Free Monitors - 2 Used, 2 Unopened - HP mx705 - FreeCycle.org
6 x Free Movie Tickets - John Carter - Imagination Library Reading Club For Teens
550 x Free Comic Books - Craigslist

Last edited:
1 x Sharp LC-32A37M 32 Inch TV - Used - FreeCycle.org
1 x Toshiba Satellite A45-S120 Laptop - Used - FreeCycle.org
1 x HP Pavillion Dv6700 Laptop - Used - FreeCycle.org

Last edited:
I used some Amazon credit to buy a Xbox Starter Set. As a result of activating Live Gold for the first time, I received an extra 400 Microsoft points from Xbox Rewards.

With some more Amazon credit, I purchased and received a hard plastic case for my PSP. Fits nicely except part of the case blocks the headphone jack. Still worth the price of free.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I just won a trip to Wrestlemania 28 via Twitter & @WWEGames' #TakeMeToWrestlemania contest. I'm excited!!!![/QUOTE]

:applause:Wow, that's pretty awesome. WM hit Indiana once, WM8, and I didn't get to go. Have a blast!

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I just won a trip to Wrestlemania 28 via Twitter & @WWEGames' #TakeMeToWrestlemania contest. I'm excited!!!![/QUOTE]

Good for you! The draw of the WWE eludes me, but if you're excited about it, have yourself the time of your life! Always nice to hear about wins, even if they're not mine. ;)

[quote name='double o slevin']i just won a trip to wrestlemania 28 via twitter & @wwegames' #takemetowrestlemania contest. I'm excited!!!![/quote]

holy fuck!!!!! I'm so jealous of you right now!!! Congrats bro!!

Two weeks ago I won a PC copy of Mass Effect 3 via videogamewriters.com and then last week I won 2 free concert tickets to Elton John (went last night).

bread's done
Back