What have you received recently?

1 x - Free Trade Paperback Graphic Novel - The American Way - NYC Library - 58th Street Library
1 x - Free Trade Paperback Graphic Novel - Milton Caniff's Steve Canyon - NYC Library - 58th Street Library
6 x - Free Movie Tickets - Contraband - NYC Library - Mott Haven Library
1 x - Free Projector - Optoma Playtime DLP LED Projector PT105 - Meetup Bronx Tech Group
2 x - Free MP3 Player - Visual Land MP5 - 4 Gb - Craigslist
1 x - Free Gift Card - $15 Itunes Card - PTA Meeting Free Raffle

I received my copy of Motorstorm Apocalypse from the Playstation RLS Q4 Sweepstakes. It's not a 3D TV package, but I'm still happy, been on a long losing drought!

The Chinese New Year pack thing someone here shared....I honestly don't know why I got it....It's 100% useless since I'm not a teacher and Chinese New Years already passed...Oh well. The CD cover is pretty neat and the Chinese Zodiacs are pretty cool.

OH! I also got the cute little "I Am Against Dissection" peta2 stickers.
Not gonna lie, I only got em because dissecting a frog and a squid was just hell my nose. The smell was terrible.

Thought I would share some resources I use to get free stuff every week/month.

Below are some of things my kids get. Every month they get more and more free things. They are too young for forums, so I thought I would post this stuff to see if anyone else can benefit.

1 x Free Book - Island Of The Blue Dolphins - PreTeen Reading Group @ Betances

This org gives out 2 free books every month. We have a large library so we don't always take them all but it's nice to have. A little out of the way but not bad when we are in the neighborhood.

1 x Free Book - The Story Of Ferdnard

http://imaginationlibrary.com/ - This org mails you a free book every month for children 0 to 5 years old.

6 x Free Tickets - Wollman Skating Rink - Central Park - Cool Culture.org

http://coolculture.org/

My Sackboy and Bookends arrived.
They included a letter saying I'll be getting GT5 XL shipping info sometime in February.

No worries. I was gonna give GT5 away anyways. Might trade it with my friend for his LBP2.

Just got Drakes journal and wristcuff (which is up on eBay right now) and my SECOND free copy of Uncharted 3 from the subway taste for adventure program.

[quote name='Redeema']I got a $50 Best Buy gift card from some Kit Kat contest, total surprise to me, so I was happy when I saw it.[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you get it in the mail? I won the same contest and have been waiting for something to arrive.

I don't post in here much lately. I can't remember everything I've received over the last month or so, but I did get Sackboy, bookends, inflatable guitars, and a bunch of other crap from House Party. I've also received a few free games: Choplifter HD (X360), Amy (X360), Dustforce (PC), and Puddle (X360). I won Uncharted 3 from the Find The Ring contest but that won't show up for a few weeks, I'm sure, which I suppose gives me time to play the other two games. Oh, and I got 12 tickets to see Journey 2, but they can't be used at any theaters near me, so I'm trying to work out an alternative of some sort.

Today, I got some dog food (don't even have a dog; kinda hate them, actually) and four boxes of hot cocoa for one of those Keurig machines. That makes 48 of those little cups. I have no plans of ever getting one of those machines, so I'm giving them to my brother-in-law and his fiancé as part of their wedding gift (along with a new sheet set and a Ninja blender).

[quote name='Negra3060']Stella Artois Chalice, and a Shick Razor.[/QUOTE]

OOOOHH I hope I get my chalice soon. I was wondering when they would start showing up!

I haven't gotten anything for free in a while, so but I just recently got my NOS lanyards I ordered in August/September of 2011. Had to drink a nos and use the cap code for it, but I was excited to get something for somewhat free.
2012-01-31_19-18-39_289.jpg

I got my Saints Row The Third bundle from Gamespot Loot Drop contest. All I have to say is it's awesome & wasn't excepting to get as much as I got. It included Saints Row The Third Platinum Pack for PS3, Saints Row Astro Speaker Tag Set, Astro Mixamp 5.8 Wireless Audio Transmitter & Receiver, Astro USB Chat Cable, Astro Rechargeable Battery Pack, 3 Exclusive Limited Edition Collector's Bobble Budds(Sneaky, Bitey, Scurvy), Saints Row The Third Exclusive Limited Edition Shaundi Bobble Budd & Astro A40 Gaming Headset. I am so very happy and thankful Gamespot for giving such a great prize & s8man888 who put up about that contest.

Getting pictures ready now.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 x Free Movie Tickets - Journey 2 - Village Voice Promotions
6 x Free Movie Tickets - The Vow - Village Voice Promotions/Michaels Arts and Crafts
1 x Free Superbowl Event + Food - All you can eat Wings and Beer @ Wicked Willies - Forbidden Planet Comic Book Store Lottery
1 x Free Retail PC Game Bundle - King Arthur Collection - Alt+Enter Contest
10 x Free USB Drives - Attache 1 GB - FYE Sale + Rebate

Here's the pictures for my above post. Took alot longer to post since I had some problems with my computer:

p1050049bn.jpg

Saints Row The Third Platinum Pack for PS3

p1050053l.jpg
p1050050j.jpg
p1050051v.jpg
p1050052a.jpg

Saints Row Astro Speaker Tag Set, Astro USB Chat Cable & Astro Rechargeable Battery Pack

p1050054k.jpg
p1050055h.jpg

Exclusive Limited Edition Collector's Bobble Budds

p1050057le.jpg
p1050058k.jpg
p1050056b.jpg

Astro Mixamp 5.8 Wireless Audio Transmitter & Receiver

p1050059f.jpg
p1050060hxa.jpg
p1050061k.jpg
p1050062q.jpg
p1050063.jpg
p1050064v.jpg
p1050065dr.jpg
p1050066w.jpg

Astro A40 Gaming Headset

p1050067i.jpg
p1050068f.jpg
p1050069t.jpg
p1050078bw.jpg

p1050077n.jpg
p1050070t.jpg
p1050075i.jpg
p1050073z.jpg
p1050072c.jpg
p1050071c.jpg
p1050076f.jpg

I won Skyrim for 360 from Nerdy-Girlz.com! Whooooo been wanting to play that shit! (Well I really wanted it for ps3... i think)

I'm in like a console preference whirlstorm right now. I like that pS3 is free online, and i like the controller more, but i know more peopel on xbox.....

[quote name='Darklurkr23']I won Skyrim for 360 from Nerdy-Girlz.com! Whooooo been wanting to play that shit! (Well I really wanted it for ps3... i think)

I'm in like a console preference whirlstorm right now. I like that pS3 is free online, and i like the controller more, but i know more peopel on xbox.....[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least you have the privilege of playing both whenever you want!

[quote name='Darklurkr23']I like that pS3 is free online, and i like the controller more, but i know more peopel on xbox.....[/QUOTE]

Skyrim isn't online at all, so that's not a factor.
Also, there's different bugs on the PS3 version vs. the 360 version. I'm not sure which one is more glitchy at the end of the day though.

Just received two cases full of individually wrapped toothbrushes with a personal sized toothpaste in each one from Colgate. It comes out to about 75 individual packages.

I have no idea how I got this sent to me LOL!

Hmm, not too shabby:
12 movie tickets for Journey 2 (cashing them in)
Free pizza and Pepsi at Papa John's
2 free buffet dinners at John's Incredible Pizza

Got a four pack sample of Garnier Fructis shampoo & conditioner courtesy of Microsoft (?)

Have no hair, guess I'll try it on the beard.

I received a Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel from an Expertzone sweepstakes this week, its pretty nice, too bad I can't use it since I don't have Forza 4, nor plan on getting it. Oh well, still nice to win every now and again!

3 x Free - Comic Books - The Strain - Issue 1, 2 and 3 - NYU Film Group
4 x Free - Movie Tickets - The Grey - Village Voice Promotions
2 x Free - Yearly Pass - Hayden Planetarium - Arcade Reward from Babycastle 200 Video Game Event
2 x Free - Laptop - Used - Extensa 4630 - Craigslist
10 x Free - 1 Gallon Buckets Legos - Used - Craigslist
1 x Free - PC Retail Game Code - Toki Tori - CAG Friends
1 x Free - PC Retail Game Code - World Of Goo - CAG Friends
1 x Free - PC Retail Game Code - Bastion - PCG Friends
1 x Free - PC Retail Game Code - Darkness II - PCG Friends

[quote name='KrizB']Got a four pack sample of Garnier Fructis shampoo & conditioner courtesy of Microsoft (?)

Have no hair, guess I'll try it on the beard.[/QUOTE]
I got a sample pack too, I thought it was my Xbox LIVE Diamond card I've been waiting about 6 years for. (lol, maybe your beard will smell fruity)

I received a code for 1600 MSP from the United States Marine Corps "Accomplish Something Greater" dashboard contest that was up some months ago. I never win anything, so this is pretty cool.

Got a free $3 amazon mp3 code from My Habit (which is amazon's designer fashion sister site.) Oddly, I signed up for the newsletter accidentally and was too lazy to unsubscribe.

Apparently, my Zune is on its way too from clubbing.

Let's see...

Dime Magazine January issue (Kyrie Irving on the cover)
$2.50 Amazon from Bing
$5.00 Amazon from SwagBucks
Gran Turismo 5 XL in the mail arriving today from House Party
Jak & Daxter HD Collection in the mail arriving today from House Party

Maxim

Playboy

#HEEL shirt from BarberShopWindow.com that I won in a twitter contest. Wearing it now. Might use it as my regular gym shirt or show it off on a dress down/casual day at school. Def gonna wear it a lot either way.

And I think I was supposed to get J&D today because I see a FedEx notice on my table but haven't bothered to check it yet. Either I should be getting it tomorrow since I missed 'em today.

[quote name='The Bryant']Maxim

Playboy

#HEEL shirt from BarberShopWindow.com that I won in a twitter contest. Wearing it now. Might use it as my regular gym shirt or show it off on a dress down/casual day at school. Def gonna wear it a lot either way.

And I think I was supposed to get J&D today because I see a FedEx notice on my table but haven't bothered to check it yet. Either I should be getting it tomorrow since I missed 'em today.[/QUOTE]

Is it the one after the lohan issue? I haven't gotten it yet.

[quote name='slowdive21']Is it the one after the lohan issue? I haven't gotten it yet.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I got the Lohan one a long time ago.

Jak And Daxtar Collection came in along with the Car Charger and the Tool Kit w/ LED light.

PS Reward stuff.
Maxim, Popular Science, and ESPN. I don't read magazines, so these are just littering my room at this point.

I haven't won any physical items in a long time.

2x - Free Tickets - Event - NYC American Craft Beer Festival - Village Voice Promotions
2x - Free Tickets - Play - Book Of Mormon - MeetUp Flashmob Proposals NYC Group
2x - Free Tickets - Movie Tickets - Salmon Fishing In The Yemen - Village Voice Film Club
7x - Free Codes - F2P PC Game - Closed Beta - Tribes Ascend - Facebook + HiRez Studios Newsletter
6x - Free Codes - F2P PC Game - 6 Items to speed up construction - Lord Of Ultima - Facebook + EA Newsletter

bread's done
Back