What interesting places have you traveled to?

berzirk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm mainly thinking international, but I'm curious to see some of the places CAGs have been.

My list goes:

Hong Kong
Philippines
Mecca/Jeddah Saudi Arabia
UAE, Dubai

Nothing out of the ordinary but I do love to travel.

- pretty much all of Europe
- all over the Caribbean
- Alaska
- Hawaii

[quote name='Halo05']Iraq and Okinawa. Guess which one was more fun.[/QUOTE]

iraq ? lol. as fucked up as that place is the women can be crazy beautiful.

my interesting place is cherokee nc saw alot of cool period shit ( reservation , colonial houses) and i got to see them filming a roots movie at a plantation( roots the slavery show not the hip hop group).

All around Japan: Tokyo, Nagano, Kyoto, Osaka.

I went to Yellowstone and Grand Teton a few years ago. Beautiful place, I loved it.

[quote name='lokizz']my interesting place is cherokee nc saw alot of cool period shit ( reservation , colonial houses) and i got to see them filming a roots movie at a plantation( roots the slavery show not the hip hop group).[/QUOTE]

That's a cool place. I usually take a trip down there every couple years to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Cherokee area. Hiking up the mountains is neat, and driving through Cade's Cove is a nice sightseeing trip. The Ripley's Aquarium is pretty fun, too.

India -(no offense to those from india) both the most beutiful and most disgusting place ever, definately worth it for the adventuree factor
Kazahkstan - shit hole stay away.
a bunch of places int he US so far the south is the best.
Mexico - what a cool place to go :)

a few other but these stand out now.

I rode a Greyhound from Augusta, GA to Cleveland, OH once. 25 hours of absolute redneck hell.

I'm going to Portland next month. Definitely planning on going to Astoria as well - Goonies house!

[quote name='JJSP']I rode a Greyhound from Augusta, GA to Cleveland, OH once. 25 hours of absolute redneck hell.

I'm going to Portland next month. Definitely planning on going to Astoria as well - Goonies house![/QUOTE]

lol i did the same thing when i went to oregon i hit up every goonies spot i could find. definelty worth the nostalgia.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That's a cool place. I usually take a trip down there every couple years to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Cherokee area. Hiking up the mountains is neat, and driving through Cade's Cove is a nice sightseeing trip. The Ripley's Aquarium is pretty fun, too.[/QUOTE]

cades cove is very nice gatlinburg is awesome too when its not packed full of tourists. amazing mountians and forrests up there best time to go up there is the fall when the leaves are changing color.

Never been outside the US, but I've been to some interesting places in the US. Colonial Williamsburg, The Badlands in North Dakota, Garrison Dam.

I haven't been outside of the continental U.S. as of yet, but I've been to:

*Gettysburg(I'm literally like two hours from there, but both times I went there it was ungodly hot as shit, so I didn't spend much time looking around)
*Colonial Williamsburg(went there as a kid, I was more interested in the arcade and pool at the hotel we were staying at...oh and Busch Gardens)

Other than those two I've traveled fairly extensively around the Tri-State(NY/NJ/PA) area and the only things I really know my way to in this area is all of the malls/shopping centers.:lol:

Lived in Alaska for 17 years but people on the cruise ships probably saw more of the state than I did.
Although getting to see the Bears in Katmai before it closed was great.

Been to most parts of the US except the NE.

Remote regions of Alaska. My family took a boat a couple of hours up the Yukon River to Fort Yukon, essentially just a village. It's inside the Arctic Circle. No roads, the only way in is boat or plane. Spent a couple of nights with the Inuit people there that my aunt knows. Nearly full daylight at 1am. An all-around great experience.

I've done just a bit of camping in Denali National Park. Alaska is just gorgeous.

north korea.
go before they change lol

EDIT: I've never been there, my dad has, and I'm suggesting that to everyone lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been outside the US, but I've traveled some across the East Coast.

Ohio (Cedar Point)
Pennsylvania (Gettysburg - which I live half an hour from, Hershey Park, Veterans Stadium, Citizens Bank Park, PNC Park, Three Rivers Stadium)
Maryland (Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium)
West Virginia
Virginia (Colonial Williamsburg, King's Dominion)
North / South Carolina
Tennessee
Georgia (Turner Field)
Florida (Tropicana Field, Disney World)

All over Europe, Malaysia, Singapore, Panama, Peru, Canary Islands, Morocco, all over Mexico, all over Canada, and every U.S. State except Maine, Alaska, and Hawaii.

[quote name='chimpian']India -(no offense to those from india) both the most beutiful and most disgusting place ever, definately worth it for the adventuree factor
[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. So many beautiful places and views, so many trash piles and guys shitting on the sidewalk. Almost lost my lunch at one point. Would still go back though, still lots I didn't get to see.

Wyoming.

Close Encounters of the Third kind is one of my favorite films. Getting to see Devil's Tower in person it totally awesome. I really need to go again someday.

Yellowstone's neat too, seeing the wildlife up close and little children who think the massive buffalo need to be petted.

[quote name='JJSP']I rode a Greyhound from Augusta, GA to Cleveland, OH once. 25 hours of absolute redneck hell.

I'm going to Portland next month. Definitely planning on going to Astoria as well - Goonies house![/QUOTE]

I live in Oregon. Portland is one of the nicest medium-sized cities in the country IMO. Good, good fun. Oh, and for the shoppers, no sales tax ;)

[quote name='berzirk']I live in Oregon. Portland is one of the nicest medium-sized cities in the country IMO. Good, good fun. Oh, and for the shoppers, no sales tax ;)[/QUOTE]

Portland's a nice city until you go downtown and have to deal with all the street kids and agressive pan-handlers. And it's also one of the whitest cities in America! Woo-hoo!

[quote name='eldergamer']Portland's a nice city until you go downtown and have to deal with all the street kids and agressive pan-handlers. And it's also one of the whitest cities in America! Woo-hoo![/QUOTE]

I've lived a few places, big city, medium-sized city, and I'd rather deal with Portland's degenerate youth, than downtown San Francisco's 12 bums on every corner screaming obscenities and shitting on the sidewalk.

Oregon isn't exactly a diverse state, but there is a large hispanic and asian population. The black population, like many cities, lives in mostly the same part of the city as each other. That's not a Portland-only trait, that's how it is throughout much of the US. The Northwest is no different. You really think Seattle is that much more diverse? I don't think so.

Been to several places in the US when I was young:

California (Orange county and San Fran)
Washington
Boston
Florida
Missouri
Oregon

Would love to go to Hawaii, Alaska, and Mexico.

My friend and I are planning on a road trip to visit a mutual friend in Phoenix sometime next year.

Outside of the U.S., I've been to:

Canada - Montreal - Went there for Kinetik, an Industrial music festival about 3 weeks ago. You get a 2fer in Montreal, which is like being in France, because most people speak french and english, and you're also in canada. Had a great arcade with the newest (at the time) pinball machine. Lots of hot women. Even the fast food was big portions and tasted great.

The UK - Great fun went on a tour after I graduated from College. Food is terrible though. Hotter women than the U.S.

I've lived a few places, big city, medium-sized city,

I've lived in the city, the 'burbs, and in a rural suburb. They all have their positives and negatives. People who live in the city are huge pussies when it comes to driving ANYWHERE. If it is more than 10 minutes away, city people think you're going on the other side of the world. 15 min. is average when you live in the country to get anywhere, and most of it is straight driving. No stopping at stop signs every 3 min like the city.

My new house is in the city near everything, but I'll still go out in the country to visit my parents and enjoy it.

bread's done
Back