What is (are) your current favorite TV shows?

Well, I'll place my favorites in descending order of importance--just because people like lists, right?

1. 'House, M.D.' Consistent, still smart, and worth the time I invested over the last many years since its debut.

2. 'Lost'. I invested a lot of time over the last couple months to catch-up with the series. So, if Season Six is terrible, I won't feel betrayed or overly-annoyed. The character-development in 'Lost' is second to none.

3. 'Burn Notice'. It's much more than the standard 'USA Network series'. There is actual character development and an on-going story to follow. Bruce Campbell is a gem, and the rest of the regular cast is also good.

4. 'Chuck'. A nice comedy-based series with a solid cast, great special guests, and a premise that should give the series at least one more season.

5. 'Scrubs: Med School'. New 'Scrubs' with several new regular cast members. The new cast has potential--but it may be too late. Season 9 is worth watching if you're on the fence.

I still need to watch 'Caprica'. As a huge 'Battlestar Galactica' fan, I have a feeling that will snake its way into my list. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Chase']
I still need to watch 'Caprica'. As a huge 'Battlestar Galactica' fan, I have a feeling that will snake its way into my list. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It's good. Definitely check it out.

Good to know. The pilot hooked me. I just need to find a way to schedule the show into the schedule of myself and the girlfriend. That's, essentially, the only reason I haven't yet watched the show. She got me hooked on 'Battlestar' and it's an 'us' event in the house. Women! :whistle2:# ... ;)

What I am currently watching and loving on TV right now:

Lost
The Office
White Collar
Chuck
Fringe
Castle
Spartacus (got into it last week)

I am looking forward to Breaking Bad later next month. I would put Dexter up there, but I usually wait for the DVDs to come out before watching.

LOST
Dexter
Community (Best/Funniest pilot season show I've ever watched)
Flash Forward
Robot Chicken
Ugly Betty (my damn g/f got me into it, never thought it'd have so many LoL moments)

[quote name='Lice']Been watching this new season of 24, never watched it before, LOVE IT. Is it worth going back to previous seasons ?[/QUOTE]

Definitely! 1-4 were awesome and 5-7 were not bad at all.

Lost
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Scrubs
Friday Night Lights (One of the best shows I have seen in a long time)
The Office (American verison)
Fringe
Supernatural
House
The Buried Life (On MTV but it really is good)

I never watch TV, however, two shows lately have caught my interest.

Ax Men on History and Undercover Boss on CBS. Not a terrible way to spend Sunday night.

Bump. Couldn't find the other TV thread.

I only watch:
60 Minutes
Undercover Boss
Survivor
The Walking Dead
TV News
PBS
American Pickers

It's interesting about American Pickers. It says those guys have been "Picking" since 8th grade. They are older than I thought. That would make them late 30s.

There's actually more info on Danielle, their office worker, who's barely on the show, than them. She's 2 months older than me (34), was an ex-rollerderby girl. She has a fashion company of stuff she designs, has 2 kids, and is part of a burlesque show.

New show has to be. Shameless US.

Shameless UK has been on for a while but new to me and even better than the US. They are very close shows so I wouldn't recommend them at the same time.

Dexter is the best show on T.V.
I also watch:
Teen Mom
Jersey Shore
Heavy
Bad Girls Club
Larry Sanders Show

Yes my list is sissy but those shows are entertaining

[quote name='tbassett']Dexter is the best show on T.V.
I also watch:
Teen Mom
Jersey Shore
Heavy
Bad Girls Club
Larry Sanders Show

Yes my list is sissy but those shows are entertaining[/QUOTE]

I should watch Jersey shore just to see what a trainwreck it is. When it is on? It's on mTV right? I haven't watched mTV in at least 12 years.

I'll update my list to say

Southland
The Ricky Gervais Show
Boardwalk Empire
An Idiot Abroad
Ax Men
30 Rock
Parks and Rec
The Office
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Check it out

[quote name='Maklershed']The Ricky Gervais Show
An Idiot Abroad
[/QUOTE]

Both hilarious. Even though I've heard the podcasts a couple of times the animation on The Ricky Gervais Show makes it even funnier. When they did the bit a few weeks ago about Clive Warren I almost passed out.

justified

treme

the misfits

the ricky gervais show

jersey shore( it is what it is)

trueblood ( last season was kinda shit)

dinner/ kitchen impossible

how i met your mother

got into this show where these guys bid on storage containers

korean/japanese dramas

how i met your mother
chuck
Greek
no ordinary family
rookie blue
castle
leverage
American pickers
the big bang theory
ncis
ncis los angeles
csi
csi miami
the middle
storage wars
house
Barrett Jackson
pinks

I will update mine as well.

Modern Family
Glee
the Office
Raising Hope
So You Think You Can Dance (it should come back sometime this summer)
Amazing Race
Gossip Girl
the Soup
MTV/VH1/E!/Bravo reality shows (i.e. Jersey Shore, Bridalplasty, Real Housewives, etc)

Fringe
Supernatural
True Blood
The Walking Dead
Mad Men
Dexter
Spartacus Blood and Sand/Gods of the Arena

shows that have ended

Lost
BSG
Rome
Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis
Firefly lol

I hate reality trash like Minute to Win It

Playing:
Cougar Town
Shameless (US)
One Tree Hill
Desperate Housewives
Parks and Recreation
United States of Tara
Army Wives

Cancelled:
Veronica Mars
Girlfriends

My DVR records
Shameless (US)
Jeopardy
House
Glee (gf)
Castle (gf)
Lie to Me (gf)
Pawn Stars
Top Chef
Big Bang Theory
Beep my Dad Says (barely watchable, so it's on when I do other things)
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (haven't liked a Marvel cartoon since X-Men and Spider- Man from the 90s)

Also watch (sometimes):
Gold Rush (the grandpa is annoying as hell)
1000 Ways to Die (no digital cable in the bedroom)
Conan

Running shows:
The Simpsons - I'll be a fan til the day I die!
Futurama - Season 6 has been great so far
Glee - cannot believe how hilarious this show is at times! great music too
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - such a great show
Stargate Universe - I just keep hoping it'll get better....
Primeval - Season 4 has been pretty crappy so far, but I'm curious to see where their going with it..
Venture Brothers - Season 4 was phenomenal!
Adventure Time - the best kids' cartoon of the last decade

Older stuff:
Ducktales - Finished watching all 3 DVD sets recently and currently watching TV rips of the unreleased episodes
The Norm Show - Got the DVD set and I'm about halfway through the complete series

I'll just list all of my favorite shows, current or otherwise:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Firefly
Dollhouse
Community
The Office
Parks and Recreation
Californication
Party Down
Entourage
Eastbound and Down
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
How I Met Your Mother
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The League
Reaper
Grounded For Life
Sons of Tucson - funny show, sucks that it got canceled.

There are others but I can't recall them at the moment.

[quote name='VipFREAK']New show has to be. Shameless US.

Shameless UK has been on for a while but new to me and even better than the US. They are very close shows so I wouldn't recommend them at the same time.[/QUOTE]

YES YES YES!!!!! Shameless is great! Showtime has another hit on their hands. :applause:

Harry's Law with Kathy Bates is fairly entertaining.

Other shows I'm currently watching right now:

Fringe (please don't cancel it Fox!)
Supernatural (starting Friday)
White Collar
Southland
Justified (starting next Wednesday)

I also watch these randomly:

American Pickers
Pawn Stars
Storage Wars
Oddities
Archer

I might watch The Event again when it comes back.

All the other shows I watch are done for the season.

Only show on my radar this year is HBO's Game of Thrones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised no one's said Young Justice yet.
Also
Family guy
Futurama
Simpsons
Adventure time (wife hates it)
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien (yes, yes I do, the fights are good, and the comedy is pretty funny)
Generator rex (yes I like an obvious kids show, same reason as ben 10 UA)
Glee (like the music, and the comedy but the faux drama is a bit much sometimes)
Avengers
Phineas and ferb (okay long as I'm in the hole, might as well keep digging, yes, I love P&F, its a great show, with great writing, great comedy, and awesome music)
Kekkaishi
Venture Brothers (when it actually comes on and is new)
American Dad (yes, even after 6 seasons of the same jokes over and over again, oh wait I watch simpsons, too)
Also still giving Sym-bionic titan a chance even though the first season was a pretty poor showing overall, though it had its good moments, but I still stay because I loved Craig McCracken's other stuff.
There's probably more, but can't think of it atm and not home to look at our DVR.

Psych and not much else since the season hasn't (to my knowledge) ended yet. Supernatural is definitely another but I still have to back track to the first, second and probably half of the third season to fully digest the plot. I rarely watch television these days unless a good movie I haven't seen in years is on.

The Venture Brothers
Superjail!
The first 48....hell pretty much anything on the Criminal Investigation Network
The Rick Gervais show
The Simpsons
Dexter

Grounded for Life was mentioned above. Loved that show when it originally aired.

Cougar Town
Modern Family
Supernatural
Glee
Frontline (PBS - no matter the subject I'm always captivated)
Community
The Office
Nikita
Hawaii Five-O (I don't know why I keep coming back to the show, probably because of the time slot)
Lie to Me (not really good, but Tim Roth is interesting to watch)

Shows that I loved but haven't found the time to tune in this season:
How I Met Your Mother
Big Bang Theory (I wished they kept it on Mondays)
Pawn Stars
House

Rescue me
Its always sunny
office
true blood
weeds
dexter
entourage
lights out
breaking bad
east bound and down
archer
the league
family guy
cleveland show
alaska troopers
tosh.0

how did rescue me end anyway ? last episode i saw the kid got crippled and he talked to tommy suddenly and then i never saw another episode.

[quote name='javeryh']Both hilarious. Even though I've heard the podcasts a couple of times the animation on The Ricky Gervais Show makes it even funnier. When they did the bit a few weeks ago about Clive Warren I almost passed out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maklershed']

An Idiot Abroad[/QUOTE]

I dunno what it is about Gervais, I don't find him as funny as everyone says he is. I usually like UK humor too.

An Idiot Abroad wasn't that funny either except for when he went to Mexico and I laughed my ass off. I hope I don't get shot for that.

Also, this was funny did a double take.

imag0156rx.jpg

[quote name='lokizz']how did rescue me end anyway ? last episode i saw the kid got crippled and he talked to tommy suddenly and then i never saw another episode.[/QUOTE]
It's not over that I know of, just waiting for the next season.

[quote name='Clak']It's not over that I know of, just waiting for the next season.[/QUOTE]

thats good to know i hadnt heard anything else about the show since that episode and the way that last ep ended seemd like there was still more story to tell.

[quote name='lokizz']thats good to know i hadnt heard anything else about the show since that episode and the way that last ep ended seemd like there was still more story to tell.[/QUOTE]
Apparently this next season is the final one, should end sometime in September.

30 Rock
Futurama
The Simpsons
Smallville
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
Weeds

Though I haven't seen the latest seasons of the last 4, I'm waiting until I buy them on Blu-ray.

bread's done
Back