What is the best basketball game on the 360?

Anything made by 2k sports is good. Go for EA Sports if your into the hype and want to feed the EA Sports monster another 60 dollar cookie :)

College Hoops 2k8.

Well, it really depends which more of a fan you are. But Legacy mode has always been better than NBA's Association. =p

I prefer EA, because I think the dynasty mode is much better and NBA Live's online team play is lots of fun.

It's still NBA 2K, but IMO they're are starting to lose their lead. The defensive gameplay could use a reworking for next year.

If you're looking for some cheap ass basketball, save some money and get NBA 2K7, unless you really like dunk contests.

[quote name='ighosty']I prefer EA, because I think the dynasty mode is much better and NBA Live's online team play is lots of fun.[/quote]Wait...what? They have that now? Full-on 5-on-5 online? I thought that was going to be a future patch and only for the FIFA series.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Wait...what? They have that now? Full-on 5-on-5 online? I thought that was going to be a future patch and only for the FIFA series.[/quote]

NBA Live 08 has it, full 5 on 5 you can play any position you choose before the game starts. I find it very addicting as a basketball fan when you can play as point guard with a bunch of friend with mics and actually run plays.

I have bought every nba 2k game since 2k1 on DC and 2k8 is the second worst in the series (after 2k5). The gameplay is horrendous and completely broken. Say I'm about to shoot and want to pass to a wide open player next to me, my player might end up throwing the ball backcourt. The shots are completely random and perfect release doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to.

I thought I'd really enjoy it and when I saw that every time you jumped wasn't a foul (a la 2k7) I was happy. I soon realized there were dozens of things made worse in this years version. I'm not a 2k hater, I even bought all their football games, because they too were in the best in the sport, but this years 2k basketball is total garbage IMO. I sold it after about 3 or 4 games because of all the stupid things that happened.

[quote name='Kendal']NBA Street: Homecourt.[/QUOTE]
For about an hour, yeah.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']NBA 2K8 is definitely not as bad as that guy makes it sound. It's still the best basketball game this year.[/quote]

Saying it's the best basketball game this year is like comparing two pieces of crap and saying one is better than the other. Me and my friend were avid players of 2k games for years and played each other constantly since 2k1, but this years version was horrendous by comparison to so many versions in the past. I'd honestly get Homecourt or wait til next year and hope they come out with a better game.

Having played 2k6, 2k7, and 2k8 I feel that 2k8 is the best of the 3. It has a few hitches here and there, and takes a bit of getting used to - but it's a great sim game.

NBA 2k7. I've gotten mad at 2K8 more than any other game I've ever played in my life. I still play it all the time though since it's my only bball option.

[quote name='creeeaature']Having played 2k6, 2k7, and 2k8 I feel that 2k8 is the best of the 3. It has a few hitches here and there, and takes a bit of getting used to - but it's a great sim game.[/quote]

The only glaring problem I had with 2k7 was the inability to block without getting called for a fould 98% of the time, but 2k8 is just littered with stupid stupid things like guys throwing the ball backcourt when you try to icon pass to an open man. There were so many things bad with that game I couldn't play more than a few hours of it before I was too frustrated to play anymore.

Get 2k7 on the cheap or homecourt.

[quote name='bil4ltool']The only glaring problem I had with 2k7 was the inability to block without getting called for a fould 98% of the time, but 2k8 is just littered with stupid stupid things like guys throwing the ball backcourt when you try to icon pass to an open man. There were so many things bad with that game I couldn't play more than a few hours of it before I was too frustrated to play anymore.

Get 2k7 on the cheap or homecourt.[/quote]

Yeah, I've had situations where I would do an inbound pass to a guy who is wide open at half court and he throws it 10 feet over their head and towards the otherside of the court. It's a bit ridiculous, but at the same time it happens very rarely and is effective at keeping people from scoring right away from a full court inbound pass (which would happen alot in 2k6).

As far as the blocking goes, were you holding turbo while attempting a block? If so the chance for a foul is way higher as opposed to just pressing the block button.

bread's done
Back